Harikrishnan

Is existence/ Reality a thought?

25 posts in this topic

Thought has certain degree, when a thought passes my mind, am living through that thought, "but passes my mind" itself is a thought.  Then there is outside world with objects and my body which are all thoughts. All this are in consciousness. or it can be said as consciousness dreams entire thing.

So doesn't this "all this is consciousness, everything is in consciousness is also a thought ?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

I can already see that you are confused in the mind. You are trying to think your way into understanding reality. No. Don't do that. Ever. You will fail. You can never think your way into understanding reality or God or Truth or Existence. 

Maybe I should pose you this question: do you think your thoughts or with anybody's thought for that matter have anything to do with existence? 

What is your answer to this question? If you have come to a conclusion that thought has something to do with reality, then I will advise you to do with what you can with thought. Go on. 

However, if you have come to a conclusion that thought has nothing to do with thought. Why even bother thinking about what reality is when it will only exacerbate your own seeking? You see, you seek Truth, no? And if you have realized thought has nothing to do with reality, why think again? Don't, or at least, if you cannot stop yourself from thinking, do everything to divert your focus and concentration other than God or existence, because it is obvious thinking about God or Truth will only exacerbate the very purpose in itself to find it. 

43 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

So doesn't this "all this is consciousness, everything is in consciousness is also a thought ?

If it is a thought, then it is a thought. But what’s the one undeniable truth? It’s far too absolutely nothing to actually state it but this comes close to stating the truth (i.e. absolutely nothing/everything) — That there is only what appears, and nothing about it can be known for sure. Can anything else be true? Well, what can you say for sure other than (it) appears? Is there even an it? Apart from its appearance? Can you know that for sure? Check.

If you can say anything else for sure, how do you know you’re not deluded? — But... it is still undeniable that even this appears. Radically simple to recognize it but that recognition is just the beginning.

Edited by The0Self

3 minutes ago, charlie cho said:

I can already see that you are confused in the mind. You are trying to think your way into understanding reality. No. Don't do that. Ever. You will fail. You can never think your way into understanding reality or God or Truth or Existence. 

Maybe I should pose you this question: do you think your thoughts or with anybody's thought for that matter have anything to do with existence? 

What is your answer to this question? If you have come to a conclusion that thought has something to do with reality, then I will advise you to do with what you can with thought. Go on. 

However, if you have come to a conclusion that thought has nothing to do with thought. Why even bother thinking about what reality is when it will only exacerbate your own seeking? You see, you seek Truth, no? And if you have realized thought has nothing to do with reality, why think again? Don't, or at least, if you cannot stop yourself from thinking, do everything to divert your focus and concentration other than God or existence, because it is obvious thinking about God or Truth will only exacerbate the very purpose in itself to find it. 

Thoughts are EVERYTHING. Your ENTIRE LIFE are THOUGHTS. What kind of THOUGHTS are you thinking? That IS your REALITY.

Journal of Jesus Christ - https://journalofjesuschrist.com

17 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

Someone who's really into this consciousness stuff might for example chop onions in the kitchen and the narrative would be "all this is is consciousness" "i'm only imagining i'm cutting onions" "i'm god" "i'm enlightened" "i'm stage blue". Sounds silly.

But then again, thinking "what to do next weekend" or "i'm chopping onions" seems just as irrelevant to the actual chopping of onions. o.O

I don't know if i made any sense at all xD

21 minutes ago, The0Self said:

If it is a thought, then it is a thought. But what’s the one undeniable truth? That there is only what appears, and nothing about it can be known for sure. Can anything else be true? Well, what can you say for sure other than it appears?

If you can say anything else for sure, how do you know you’re not deluded? — But... it is still undeniable that even this appears. Radically simple to recognize it but that recognition is just the beginning.

I was contemplating , So doesn't this "all this is consciousness, everything is in consciousness is also a thought" and I coudn't go further, There was deep silence. only being it is possible. Is it where questioning ends? 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Just now, Harikrishnan said:

Is it where questioning ends?

Apparently not.

@Vladimir

We are not at the same pace in defining the term reality in the first place. 

To me reality is REALity. I don't mean the reality you, I, him, and others live in. I am talking about objective reality, not the subjective. 

And there is only one objective reality. And there is no inkling of thought in the objective reality. 

1 minute ago, charlie cho said:

I am talking about objective reality, not the subjective.

The illusion is that there’s a difference. Neither exists. Only truth does.

55 minutes ago, The0Self said:

That there is only what appears, and nothing about it can be known for sure. Can anything else be true? Well, what can you say for sure other than (it) appears? Is there even an it? Apart from its appearance? Can you know that for sure? Check.

"It" is there as something. a recognition is there.

Edited by Harikrishnan

16 minutes ago, charlie cho said:

@Vladimir

To me reality is REALity. I don't mean the reality you, I, him, and others live in. I am talking about objective reality, not the subjective. 

And there is only one objective reality. And there is no inkling of thought in the objective reality. 

Lol okay, yet you are posting your ideas with your thoughts about what reality is and THAT is your reality, you are living and experiencing your reality while at the same time denying it

7 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

"It" is there as a knowing.

It is there as itself. It has no reality separate from absolute is-ness, by definition. What is known about it? Any apparent answer simply appears.

Edited by The0Self

12 minutes ago, The0Self said:

It is there as itself. It has no reality separate from absolute is-ness, by definition. What is known about it? Any apparent answer simply appears.

Thank you. ❤

thought is just a distinction relative to being without thought. being has no opposite and therefore is indescribable 

Thoughts is still thoughts, no matter how we twist and turn it, commentaries will arise.

But that thoughts has nothing to do with reality is a bit of a cop out imo, BECAUSE, thoughts has everything to do with how you percieve reality or how you "create" reality.

If you ever noticed with thoughts, they both arise how and when they will, but you can also actively contemplate using thoughts etc.

Or build things using the power of thoughts and imagination. 

Some people like to look at thoughts as if they were the plague, but that is not wholeness at all, thats a bias.

Thoughts is extremely useful, IF you know that they also can't capture the whole picture, they do create dualites in a way, but they are useful and necessary in life, hell life is thought imo.

Someone who struggles with thought attachment should ser through the immaterial and ephemeral nature of thoughts, and the ones who know that thoughts is just something arising can also use them in a way that is not identified with.

Thats more or less freedom imo.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

56 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

Thoughts is still thoughts, no matter how we twist and turn it, commentaries will arise.

But that thoughts has nothing to do with reality is a bit of a cop out imo, BECAUSE, thoughts has everything to do with how you percieve reality or how you "create" reality.

If you ever noticed with thoughts, they both arise how and when they will, but you can also actively contemplate using thoughts etc.

Or build things using the power of thoughts and imagination. 

Some people like to look at thoughts as if they were the plague, but that is not wholeness at all, thats a bias.

Thoughts is extremely useful, IF you know that they also can't capture the whole picture, they do create dualites in a way, but they are useful and necessary in life, hell life is thought imo.

Someone who struggles with thought attachment should ser through the immaterial and ephemeral nature of thoughts, and the ones who know that thoughts is just something arising can also use them in a way that is not identified with.

Thats more or less freedom imo.

1 hour ago, Holygrail said:

thought is just a distinction relative to being without thought. being has no opposite and therefore is indescribable 

1 hour ago, Holygrail said:

2 hours ago, charlie cho said:

@Vladimir

And there is only one objective reality. And there is no inkling of thought

Well said, thoughts are the only reality we have, we experience all of reality through thoughts and they are the most useful to create the kind of reality we want. The tricky part is - how do you only have Good thoughts? 

23 minutes ago, Vladimir said:

Well said, thoughts are the only reality we have, we experience all of reality through thoughts and they are the most useful to create the kind of reality we want. The tricky part is - how do you only have Good thoughts? 

see, with good automatically creates the bad. so just start by understanding what "bad" truly is, ignorance, lack of holism, selfishness, and falsehood. then everything will just become a universal perspective of the mechanics of existence. Constricted expressions of love learning life lessons that will eventually teach them to start loving more and more until their love becomes universal. 

Edited by Holygrail

20 minutes ago, Holygrail said:

see, with good automatically creates the bad. so just start by understanding what "bad" truly is, ignorance, lack of holism, selfishness, and falsehood. then everything will just become a universal perspective of the mechanics of existence. Constricted expressions of love learning life lessons that will eventually teach them to start loving more and more until their love becomes universal. 

The good only creates good, the bad only creates bad. Yes you do have to understand what bad is, and that comes from direct experience, nobody can tell you that anger is evil for you. And that kindness and gratitude are good. The ultimate question that we all struggle with is coping and accepting evil. The only way for a human being to love evil is to realize that there is a Divine plan for it all, which is to purify evil forever and awaken to pure Goodness.

12 hours ago, Harikrishnan said:

Thought has certain degree, when a thought passes my mind, am living through that thought, "but passes my mind" itself is a thought.  Then there is outside world with objects and my body which are all thoughts. All this are in consciousness. or it can be said as consciousness dreams entire thing.

Whatever you think thats you reality, of course if you think yourself and think reality. Lol ?

if you dont think thats what You really are is.