Felli

supplements for covid 19

5 posts in this topic

Hi, my sister has contracted covid 19 and I read Leo's blog post that it would be beneficial to take supplements. Is there any that have worked for you and helped reduce the symptoms of covid? Thanks in advance 

39 minutes ago, Felli said:

Hi, my sister has contracted covid 19 and I read Leo's blog post that it would be beneficial to take supplements. Is there any that have worked for you and helped reduce the symptoms of covid? Thanks in advance 

Vit D: 5-10k IU daily when based on labs and Vitamin D is low - 800-2k IU if you dont know the baseline.
Zinc lozenges: several dissolved slowly throughout the day (instruction leaflet) 
Vit C: 1-10 grams per day orally, spread out to avoid loose bowels - DONT if you are prone to kidney stones (check risk factors)
-> Very important: Enough hydration during the infection and supplementation. 
Green tea extract, EGCG (simply drinking green tea is also good)
Melatonin before bed, higher does while symptoms persist, then lower doses for recovery

(Nasal wash with salt water and colloidal silver, xylitol nasal spray
Gargle with hydrogen peroxide or colloidal silver
UV light (from sun ideally))

Note: If you are going to do higher than normal zinc for an extended period of time, balance this with some supplemental copper; if you are going to do higher than normal Vit D for an extended period, balance this with Vit K; balance with a multivitamin-mineral supplement and a balanced diet, ideally have an integrative doctor monitoring blood nutrient levels. You dont have to do everything on this list, anything will have some small effect. 

There is far more advanced stuff, but this is some baseline which is achieveable for most. 

Regarding IvermectineI dont regard Ivermectine as an effective treatment option at the moment. Currently there are many clinical trials in progress who will give us a definitive answer. Until then, I am not willing to recommend this drug. 

Disclaimer: THIS is not medical advice. Every self medication is at one's own risk. 
This supplements dont have any evidence in relation to the treatment of Covid19 and stem from a complex system approach to infectious diseases. Even though the given supplements and dosages are usually well tolerated and safe, dosages can vary depending on weight & age of the treated person. Please notice that most Covid19 infections heal up without any intervention. Also, get vaccinated! I dont guarantee the validity of this information. 

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

On 9/2/2021 at 1:46 PM, Felli said:

Supplements are great BEFORE you catch covid, but if your sister is unvaccinated and is showing symptoms, it's too late for all of that. It's time to get some Regeneron: https://www.regeneron.com/covid19

I recommended Regeneron to someone in a similar situation, and it probably saved their and their significant others’ lives. 

I'm vaccinated, by the way, and I want to prevent as many covid deaths as possible. I live in a high transmission area and have lost several people to the disease.