Raphael

More Feminine Ressources?

30 posts in this topic

I noticed that as a man I tend to consume more content coming from men because they relate more to me. I want to balance that a bit with more feminine resources. What women can I follow in the domain of self-actualization / spirituality who offers very high quality content?

Edited by Raphael

why do you want to be more feminine? 

saying you need to install more feminine energy is like eagle would claim that he needs more stone hung from his feet to fly! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

1 hour ago, hamedsf said:

why do you want to be more feminine? 

saying you need to install more feminine energy is like eagle would claim that he needs more stone hung from his feet to fly! 

Or perhaps it is like a balloon drifting too high into the sky that needs a stone hung from it to go back down to the world.

On 9/1/2021 at 6:36 AM, Raphael said:

I noticed that as a man I tend to consume more content coming from men because they relate more to me. I want to balance that a bit with more feminine resources. What women can I follow in the domain of self-actualization / spirituality who offers very high quality content?

You're on the right track, this entire forum is way too masculine, Leo himself doesn't have any clue what FEMININE actually means. Feminine understanding of the world is what this masculine world desperately needs to understand for the WHOLE of awakening.

Journal of Jesus Christ - https://journalofjesuschrist.com

On 9/1/2021 at 8:17 AM, AtheisticNonduality said:

Or perhaps it is like a balloon drifting too high into the sky that needs a stone hung from it to go back down to the world.

That's it! :)

Journal of Jesus Christ - https://journalofjesuschrist.com

The assessment "very high quality content" is your responsibility. Randomly:

Sri Anandamayi Ma

Sri Sarada Devi

Sri Mataji Devi

Mother Meera

The entity Q'uo as channeled by L/L research

A Course in Miracle channeled by Helen Schucman

Rabia al-Adawiyya

Sitt al-Ajam

Aisha al-Bauniyya

Anna Brown

Pema Chodron

Lisa Cairns

Byron Katie

Helena Blavatsky

Dolores Cannon

Gigi Young

Teal Swan

Emerald (The Diamond Net) @Emerald

Marie Louise Von Franz

Elif Shafak

Clarissa Pinkola Estés

On 9/2/2021 at 8:53 PM, Vladimir said:

this entire forum is way too masculine

I dunno.  I think it's kind of a subjective thing.  Depending on who the person is and where they are in life, they may find Actualized.org either overly masculine for themselves, like yourself, or just the ticket!  

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

I think Matt Kahn could be understood as a feminine resource" even though he is a man. 

On 9/1/2021 at 11:17 AM, AtheisticNonduality said:

Great analogy. Lots of people nowadays (especially men but women too) lack integration of the feminine and end up ungrounded and disconnected from reality… and from their emotions. 

Without the feminine, we’re all a bunch of balloons filled with nothing but hot air. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

On 9/3/2021 at 3:18 AM, SriSriJustinBieber said:

Thank you for recommending my channel!

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

13 hours ago, Matt23 said:

I dunno.  I think it's kind of a subjective thing.  Depending on who the person is and where they are in life, they may find Actualized.org either overly masculine for themselves, like yourself, or just the ticket!  

It’s not subjective. The biggest distortion that occurs on this forum is repression of the feminine side.

You can tell if you take a peek at the dating/relationship section.

You may not recognize it when you see it, so I’ll mention some symptoms of feminine repression below. And you’ll notice many of these popping up on the forum.

• Intellectualization
  • Spiritual bypassing 
  • Ineffectiveness in birthing an idea into reality 
  • Lack of emotional intelligence
  • The mind is seen as superior to the heart, which creates a lack of clarity and non-directionality
  • Decisions are made from a place of pain avoidance or abstract “shoulds” and “should nots”
  • All things can be rationalized- devil’s advocate 
  • Difficulties with women 
  • Misogyny and bitterness 
  • Trying to escape reality 
  • Anti-Earthiness 
  • Valuing the ideal over the real
  • Coldness
  • Competition to prove one’s worth
  • Lots of judgment around holding up a certain standard of masculinity 
  • Men policing each other’s masculinity 
  • Seeing social isolation as a virtue
  • Macho posturing - aping masculinity
  • Prickliness
Edited by Emerald

Emotionalmastery.org

On 2021-09-04 at 11:00 AM, Emerald said:

Anti-Earthiness 

@Emerald This is a huge one. It's odd too, it's been going on in spiritual circles for a long time, this negation of the body and of the earthly  realm. Ones relationship to the body and the earth, this has been a central aspect to spirituality through out the ages and yet what happened along the way? why is there all of this negation and bypassing? Why is it viewed that the earth and material realm is below us, below the spirit, and below god? when in realty, if this is god's creation, wouldn't we want to be more fully realized to gods creation?

1 hour ago, Johnny Galt said:

@Emerald This is a huge one. It's odd too, it's been going on in spiritual circles for a long time, this negation of the body and of the earthly  realm. Ones relationship to the body and the earth, this has been a central aspect to spirituality through out the ages and yet what happened along the way? why is there all of this negation and bypassing? Why is it viewed that the earth and material realm is below us, below the spirit, and below god? when in realty, if this is god's creation, wouldn't we want to be more fully realized to gods creation?

It mostly comes up when the monotheistic religions framed the Earthly as lesser and even evil.

And since those have been the prevailing God image for thousands of years, the societies most influenced by this image have pitted man against nature. 

For example, in the creation story, the snake (an archetypally feminine symbol because of its close proximity to Earth) is seen as the embodiment of the devil who is a FALLEN angel. And the devil is so Earthly that he lives at the core of the Earth.

He was heavenly before but now he has fallen and is lowly and of the Earth.

And for tempting Adam and Eve, the snake loses his legs and has to crawl upon his body as will all other snakes from here on out for the devil-snake's transgression. And this implies that he's brought lower and to the Earth.

And if you notice... Eve = Evil. The feminine is associated with that which is Earthly and evil. And like snakes, all women are "punished" with pain during childbirth and a monthly menstrual cycles.

And for a long time in human history, women were seen as an inherently corrupting and hedonistic force. And children would be weened from their mother as soon as possible for fear that the exposure to her would be inherently corrupting. It was understood that men were closer to God and that women were closer to the devil. 

And this also shows up a bit in religions like Buddhism that frame Maya as something purely to be transcended and escaped.

Basically, most of our world religions have framed the feminine as lesser in a gendered sense and an archetypal sense.

But recently there has been an embrace of Pagan and Tribal religious structures, which are all about the relationship to the Earth and how the spirit is here within the matter.

This is a contrast to the distant father God image that is, by his nature, away from the Earthly realm. 

Edited by Emerald

Emotionalmastery.org

I found Tara Brach to be a good resource 

https://youtube.com/c/TaraBrach-meditation

Tons of stuff on emotional mastery. Loving kindness, self esteem, self compassion, vipassana, emotional healing 

She has a book called radical acceptance which I found to be very helpful and also insightful 

Edited by Jacob Morres