Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
danton

Not ready for 5 meo-dmt.

42 posts in this topic

Hi people,

I just want to say , as a 40 years old men who meditates everyday for at least 30 minutes that I lost my ego for like 30 seconds, I was dead (I was god, it was wonderful). 1% of me was still human. I dont want to go back there, Its too wonderful but too scary at the same time, ive got some more mistakes to live as a human. Thats why I,m not dead now.

I know I could lose myself forever with 5-meo dmt, my brain is fragile. I saw this for like 30 seconds and I came back. Its truth. Im not ready for truth.

I will go back again when I die..

Thanks Leo!

Yep. 5MeO is serious business.  I’m not sure I’ll ever take it again.  I’ll probably stick to LSD and cannabis.  I don’t like feeling like I’m dying.  Call it ego if you want, but I like this illusion of a world and I got very little out of 5MeO.  

Be careful fooling yourself with these stories.

Both of you.

The ego will invent any story it can to stop its awakening. Including stories like:

• "I'm already awake enough"
  • "I've had enough psychedelics, I get the gist of it"
  • "I'm not ready to awaken"

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura thanks Leo.  I don’t know much, but I do know that I don’t need psychedelics to awaken.  I’ve done plenty, and I have experienced complete presence.  It isn’t ego that makes me think psychedelics won’t get me there, it is ego that makes me think they are necessary.  

You can't awaken through psychedelics. As long as you're chasing these mystical experiences you're stuck. The experience fades as quick as it comes. It's a seductive blind alley. Literally the siren's call. Your very desire to awaken is the primary obstacle to awakening.

4 minutes ago, impulse9 said:

You can't awaken through psychedelics. As long as you're chasing these mystical experiences you're stuck. The experience fades as quick as it comes. It's a seductive blind alley. Literally the siren's call. Your very desire to awaken is the primary obstacle to awakening.

Yes.  This.  I’ve had experiences on psychedelics that were so amazing, so powerful, profound and all around “Holy Shit”. I’ll feel an afterglow for days, even weeks later.  But then eventually I’m back. Perhaps with more insight into what is possible. Perhaps able to recognize my own BS better. But certainly not enlightened.  My most profound enlightened realizations occurred sober.  Perhaps psychedelics helped in some way.  But I’m highly suspect of anyone who claims to be fully enlightened who advocates the only or best way to get there is psychedelics.  

I've had profound experiences on psychedelics where I literally understood everything. I understood who I was, where I came from, I understood why the things that happened in my life happened down to the last minute detail, I understood all human beings, all non human beings, I understood what reality is, why it exists, why we wonder why it exists, I was delivered all the secrets of the universe very directly. The answers would hit me before I ever begun to ask the question. And then I sobered up and I understood exactly jack shit.

These experiences are fleeting. I don't think Leo gets it for some reason. These won't awaken you any more than alcohol will give you permanent courage.

9 minutes ago, taotemu said:

My most profound enlightened realizations occurred sober.

Same. And unlike psychedelic-induced experiences, those stuck with me and are still with me.

They are very important, profound tools, but they are not the cheat code to awakening. Awakening comes when it wants to, and there's not a thing you can do to get there. Doesn't mean you shouldn't try, though.

Edited by impulse9

5meo aint so bad guys. Don't just do it once and stay scared. You can get to know the molecule, safely, slowly. Dip your toe in, go a little deeper... then 

Namaste!

You shouldn't be doing 5meo more than once every week, or every 2 weeks (2 weeks I think is best)

So, what are you doing during those 2 weeks everyday? Yoga, Qigong, meditation, reading, breathwork etc

Then, you dive deep on 2nd friday. and then use that insight to feed your practice. imo.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

7 hours ago, impulse9 said:

Not agree. If you wake up, wake up, it doesn't matter if it's 1 minute, doing psychedelics, walking down the street or watching a movie. a question: have you done 5meo? because it is not the same as lsd at all. Both are called psychedelic , but no more 

5meo to me is king. It's a little scary a first, but soon once you wrap your head around it with a ground epistomology and metaphysics its like. Well, of course I would design this into my game. 

◭"89"

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Both of you.

The ego will invent any story it can to stop its awakening. Including stories like:

• "I'm already awake enough"
  • "I've had enough psychedelics, I get the gist of it"
  • "I'm not ready to awaken"

My brain is traumatized by DMT. Are you sure some doors aren't better left unopened? That door will open when the body dies no matter what we do in life. It's not like we have any choice.

I am interested to try 5 but still have occasional night terrors from n,n. Maybe it's better to just enjoy the play.

@RMQualtrough Really? DMT is great for me ahah

Damn, you weren't ready I guess. Yeah, no need to rush. 

◭"89"

15 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

"I'm not ready to awaken"

@Leo Gura Don't you think some people should rather stay away from all this awakening business if it would do them more harm than good? If you don't have your shit together in life, stay tf away from psychedelics and "enlightenment". I don't see why you would do otherwise.

"I'm not ready to awaken" might be a defense mechanism, yes, but what if it's legit? There's a bunch of people who went bananas because they weren't ready, not mature enough. 

16 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@RMQualtrough Really? DMT is great for me ahah

Damn, you weren't ready I guess. Yeah, no need to rush. 

My brain is likely never ready. It feels like entering loopy land, my brain just doesn't like it. Now when I smell or taste it I immediately feel flashbacky.

People want to awaken once they realise that being asleep is killing them.   A shaman in Mexico told me that he has had both police and criminals come to him for a bufo ceremony.   You only have a limited time on earth and it goes by quickly.  Most people die without ever knowing who they are.  They weren’t ready.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

13 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@RMQualtrough Can you describe what traumatize you really? Is it the alien-like weirdness?

Might be. It's EXTREMELY bizarre. LSD, ketamine, Salvia, whatever, those things are weird but DMT is much much much stranger.

There is probably an amount of any substance that a person just will not be able to handle. When I did a big amount it was...... Seriously not good.......

But I realized from the trips entering my dreams that I'm disturbed by every single trip I have with it. It's too surreal and detached from usual reality.

@RMQualtrough Nothing to feel weird or guilty for, taken at the wrong time, these substances can damage some people, that's just the way it is. I know someone who went absolutely clinically crazy after one DMT experience, for months on end, he lost all friends and all hope for a future, I don't know how he is now - but, he was not very mature or spiritually aware to begin with, which is what gives us a more secure base to start from. 

DMT has given me a lot of difficult experiences that sometimes verged on the side of madness, definitely traumatizing stuff. What helped me was reading Martin Ball, because he revealed that that is to be expected if one does not go all the way, and why it's so important not to stop when in such a phase when trauma bubbles up, but is not fully released yet (I know this is not as simple and up for debate, and depends on intention and substance in use, but it helped me going one step further and releasing all that could potentially traumatize me, into Oneness) . All of you who've taken 5MeO know what I'm talking about - the existential terror that crushes you completely. Without breaking through, the mind is left confused and potentially fractured in an unhealthy way. 

For some, it might rarely be that way, and even for me, the positive experiences clearly outshine all struggle. But there is a responsibility and sobriety that is necessary to accept the territory we are dealing with - and in some cases pausing for a long time or forever. 

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

16 hours ago, impulse9 said:

The whole path we're taking is maturing, which includes waking up spiritually, though this is not the only thing that constitutes the maturation process. These psychedelic experiences clearly and undoubtedly have the potential to transform and mature a human being in spiritual, psychological, emotional and energetic ways. They foster clarity, insight, understanding, reflection, intelligence, energetical and psychological purification. And that, of course, advances one on the overall path of maturation and helps being ready for deeper realizations. Who says the only role of a psychedelic would be to hold you on a high level of consciousness indefinitely? Too simplistic premise to begin with in my opinion, it's the wrong kind of discussion. 

What was your route of administration?

If It wasnt inhaled/vaped, theres no reason to be scared.