Jakuchu

Love is not an absolute according to Sadhguru

52 posts in this topic

Watched this a while ago and found it quite interesting

At around 1:00 Sadhguru mentions love and fear as being reactions to ones environment. And that those are psychological, not existential. And when the Rabbi followed up with the question "Love is not an existential reality?", Sadhguru gave a clear "no". I was surprised to be honest 

Edited by Jakuchu

@Jakuchu See..the context sadghuru talked about s important. the human love is not an existential reality. I think that is what he meant. He directly talked before about love, fear as emotions. And these emotions come and go so it makes sense to say that these emotions are not an existential reality.

Edited by OBEler

Because you can only be Love. Love cannot be given or taken. It only looks that way from duality perspective. 

Singer

14™

I think he was just talking about love in the context of human emotion, not about love as the nature of existence. 

In front of that audience, he is right to say no.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Love is the only reality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Tim R said:

I think he was just talking about love in the context of human emotion, not about love as the nature of existence.

Probably. Personal love. Didn't watch it but I'd imagine that's what he meant.

Love is the final step in or purpose/reason of duality. But not enlightenment or Truth. Because, Still an illusion.

55 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

?

Singer

14™

1 hour ago, James12345 said:

Love is the final step in or purpose/reason of duality. But not enlightenment or Truth. Because, Still an illusion.

Watch it or you're gonna get kicked out of here for spreading misinformation.

You don't understand what Love is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

??? first realize what the truth is, after talk, if there will be any talking or talker left ??? 

Additionally, you have no idea what love is, love is not try to banning someone (“lol) who is just against “your” idea or experience. 

Love is not the supporting idea of love(which is what you are doing), LOVE IS EXCEPTING ALLL. EXCEPTING EVERYTHING. You aint even close what truth is or enlightenment is even love is? Take an advice, break your ego. Except everything, than LOVE starts. You are not even close 1 step to love. Just saying love , be careful devilry. ? you give advice to everyone however you dont follow the advice that you give, which real devil shit lol ? 

Peace ☮️ 

Edited by James12345

I wonder how Sadhguru comes up with all these distinction after rabi asked him about whether why love is not existential reality. (body- Health->pleasure Emotion-Love->Compassion)

But at meantime I also don't get it why He is dumbing down teaching, why dont he say its all love, instead of what audience level is at? audience cannot be not that low considering they are present there for discussion by a rabi and mystic.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

As I turn to sand, you took me by the hand and declared, that Love prevails over all

11 minutes ago, James12345 said:

??? first realize what the truth is, after talk, if there will be any talking or talker left ??? 

Additionally, you have no idea what love is, love is not try to banning someone (“lol) who is just against “your” idea or experience. 

LOVE IS EXCEPTING ALLL. EXCEPTING EVERYTHING. You aint even close what truth is or enlightenment is even love is? Take an advice, break your ego. Except everything, than LOVE starts. You are not even close 1 step to love. Just saying love , be careful devilry. ? you give advice to everyone however you dont follow the advice that you give, which real devil shit lol ? 

Peace ☮️ 

Are you same James that was here, who was into nothingness? if so what happnd to that account? 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

1 minute ago, Harikrishnan said:

Are you same James that was here, who was into nothingness? if so what happnd to that account? 

??lol. Yes. It is so funny having identification with a name James. ? it is banned because of talking about the Truth ??? 

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Come whatever you are, wherever you are , what you are COME! ?

Rumi

Mmm.

I don’t know.

But be careful: make a distinction between believing Leo because it sounds good vs being genuinely conscious of its nature. 

It seems like many people believe it and try to defend that belief without really knowing what it is.

Intuition from what I read, I may of course be wrong, but still… smells like most are just believing - whether it is X or Y, absolute or not. I in fact caught myself believing that love is relative withoout direct experience.

Edited by Arzola

1*zmIA9Cnvw-ahW90ANvKs6Q.jpeg 

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

'L-o-v-e' is a four-letter-word. I might as well say; Shit is the ultimate realty.

Be careful trying to define reality using language. Especially on a forum like this.

You're shooting yourself in the foot. 

Trying to define/explain (to others) 'reality' using language is like trying to bite your own teeth.

You might as well try to empty the Pacific Ocean with a teaspoon.

But of course. Reality is Love;)<3

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

Remember that Sadhguru is trying to appeal very broadly to a rational, scientific mass audience and so frames his public talks in a certain way. What you hear in private and in the ashram is completely different. Context is everything.

6 hours ago, James12345 said:

Love is not the supporting idea of love(which is what you are doing), LOVE IS EXCEPTING ALLL. EXCEPTING EVERYTHING. You aint even close what truth is or enlightenment is even love is? Take an advice, break your ego. Except everything, than LOVE starts. You are not even close 1 step to love. Just saying love , be careful devilry. ? you give advice to everyone however you dont follow the advice that you give, which real devil shit lol ? 

Peace ☮️ 

9 hours ago, James12345 said:

1. Okay, so... Love is the only thing that accepts everything (itself) fully.

2. Truth is the only thing that accepts everything (itself) fully.

Both true? If yes, then love = truth. Not personal love — impersonal, unconditioned love.

2 hours ago, The0Self said:

1. Okay, so... Love is the only thing that accepts everything (itself) fully.

Yes. 

. Truth is the only thing that accepts everything (itself) fully.

No. Truth is the realization of the experiencer was never there. Therefore entire so called duality collapses, which mean is you, and everything you have learned, experienced, felt vsvs was never there and never happened. Therefore there is no such a thing as everything, universe, love vsvs. Even love is something that “you” have become or experienced it. Such as i am the infinite love (experience). 

Both true? If yes, then love = truth. Not personal love — impersonal, unconditioned love.

No. Love is the so called final step of or the so called highest consciousness level. 

Truth, there is no such a thing as consciousness nor you. You are already what you are and where you are as always been. Not even moved nor began. All was so called happening within the thoughts, including word of all and thought. So actually whatever you do or leo do doesn’t matter, you are already what you are ? thats why i laugh all the time. Because real you is always what is ???

TRUTH IS ALWAYS SAME, WILL NEVER CHANGE, NEVER BORN, EXPERIENCE, NEVER DIE. 

Edited by James12345