integral

China bans kids from playing online games for more then 3 hours per week

43 posts in this topic

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/08/30/china-to-ban-kids-from-playing-online-games-for-more-than-three-hours-per-week.html. Wondering what you guys think of this? Is it a good idea or not? I’m a bit undecided on it. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Myopic. I guess other countries will wipe the floor with China in the competitive gaming space then. Can't get good at something unless you practice.

In practice this will just get circumvented anyway.

Winnie probably lost to some 13 year olds at CoD and got mad. 

Lol, they will become addicted even more. Banning something brings the opposite. 

Singer

14™

The stage blue people in China, which is most people, will probably think this is sensible.

The stage orange people, mostly younger people in cities, may feel it's a bit silly, but I can't imagine they'd be overly bothered to make a fuss. 

For those in the US and Europe, you could think of China today like the US and Europe 100-200 years ago. If video games existed back then I could imagine the government implementing similar restrictions alongside the ethics of Christianity. 

Maybe just ban procrastination and slacking off in general lol

honestly, a ban like that would’ve benefited me a lot. But it has to come from the inside… but the inside loves slacking off. 

1 hour ago, Stovo said:

For those in the US and Europe, you could think of China today like the US and Europe 100-200 years ago. If video games existed back then I could imagine the government implementing similar restrictions alongside the ethics of Christianity. 

Good point. 

Being a top member of the CCP must be a pretty anxious position, trying to micromanage the lives of a billion people with no mandate apart from the power of the Red Army. Goodness knows what will happen when the economic growth stalls and they have a recession and high unemployment to deal with. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

Well that's good, I might play PUBG again if this reduces the amount of Chinese hackers LOL

hrhrhtewgfegege

I wonder what the penalty for breaking the video game curfew will be. 6 hours of hard Manuel labour for every half hour exceeded above the limit set time?

It's only online games on PC and Mobile platform (MOBA, MMO, Battle Royal, etc) and only with servers in China, you can still play in other servers with VPN. Offline gaming and console gaming is still okay. Online is still okay on console.

Accounts are tied to your social id so once your times is up it just logs you off. 
But this doesn’t really do anything, since kids can just create account with their parent’s id and by pass everything. It’s more like a reminder to kids to not get addicted to online free to play games, and enforce parental controls. Also push incentives to play on console and encourage playing higher quality games. 

It’s funny how everyone is freaking out on China when South Korea did the same thing long ago. But no body talked about them lol. 

Edited by erik8lrl

12 hours ago, snowyowl said:

Being a top member of the CCP must be a pretty anxious position, trying to micromanage the lives of a billion people with no mandate apart from the power of the Red Army. Goodness knows what will happen when the economic growth stalls and they have a recession and high unemployment to deal with. 

They actually DO have a mandate. Most Chinese people either support their government or are apathetic to politics. Their government has given them 40 years of economic prosperity, why would anybody oppose them? This is probably why the last significant protest in mainland China was about 40 years ago. 

You are right about the economy though, one day the boom will end and they will have worse economic times as always happens in every civilisation. This is the time when revolutions happen, but I'd give them another 20 - 40 years before that happens. Increasing levels of stage orange, plus bad economic times, plus a motivated youth, could be the right combination for a revolution. 

5 hours ago, erik8lrl said:

It’s funny how everyone is freaking out on China when South Korea did the same thing long ago. But no body talked about them lol. 

Because China is large and powerful, and Korea is not. Western people, especially Americans, find China threatening as they're potentially going to supersede them as the global power. 

The global superpower doesn't have to have the most developed people, however, otherwise, Scandinavia would rule the world. 

52 minutes ago, Stovo said:

You are right about the economy though, one day the boom will end and they will have worse economic times as always happens in every civilisation. This is the time when revolutions happen, but I'd give them another 20 - 40 years before that happens. Increasing levels of stage orange, plus bad economic times, plus a motivated youth, could be the right combination for a revolution. 

They only prob is that China was pretty much always a top 1-top2 economy in the world for the past 2k+ years

22 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

They only prob is that China was pretty much always a top 1-top2 economy in the world for the past 2k+ years

Only because of their extremely large population. What matters is the living standards for the average citizen. 

They can easily have a period of being at number 1, but experience stagnant or declining living standards for most people with widening wealth gaps. This is what's happened in the US for the past 50 years, hence the extreme political polarisation in the US today. 

1 hour ago, Stovo said:

They actually DO have a mandate. Most Chinese people either support their government or are apathetic to politics. Their government has given them 40 years of economic prosperity, why would anybody oppose them? This is probably why the last significant protest in mainland China was about 40 years ago. 

Ok, there isn't significant protest among the Han Chinese majority (outside of Hong Kong) because the current system is, in many ways, working for them economically, tho didn't they have issues with the one child policy until recently? But calling the situation a mandate is going a bit far imo, unless they have choices via free elections or even opinion polls. 

Outside the Han areas, in the "occupied territories" (my phrase) of Xinjiang and Tibet (aka "autonomous regions") there have been protests suppressed by the Han imperialists trying to convince us that China is a unified country with a few separatist terrorist problems. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

48 minutes ago, snowyowl said:

Ok, there isn't significant protest among the Han Chinese majority (outside of Hong Kong) because the current system is, in many ways, working for them economically, tho didn't they have issues with the one child policy until recently? But calling the situation a mandate is going a bit far imo, unless they have choices via free elections or even opinion polls. 

Outside the Han areas, in the "occupied territories" (my phrase) of Xinjiang and Tibet (aka "autonomous regions") there have been protests suppressed by the Han imperialists trying to convince us that China is a unified country with a few separatist terrorist problems. 

Isn't there heavy protests going on all around the authoritarian far east? I heard there is serious movement in at least three countries. One I think was Myanmar but the military has locked down internet so there is only a little info leaking out.

I got a gut feeling that there might be a stage Orange revolution coming soon in the far east, China and such.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"