actualizing25

Can an egoic desire bring me to awakening?

11 posts in this topic

Hello :)

An egoic desire is for example wanting to live unconditionally happy, wanting to experience real peace, wanting to escape suffering, wanting to experience the highest joy etc.  I know, that in the end you have to drop all these things because you will realize that the ego is an illusion and likewise all these egoic desires. But these desires can give someone the motivation to meditate hardcore, to work with psychedelics, to do hardcore retreats etc. Because without hardcore practice you wont ever awaken. And in my opinion, if these desires can bring someone to meditate hardcore, then they can be valid motivations towards awakening. What do you think? I think it is valid to trick the ego with these desire to do the spiritual practices and before the ego actually realizes that it is going to die, it will be to late to go back because awakening will destroy it.

It will bring awakening in a matter or life and death situation. Like a real desire, not only an intellectual one. 

Singer

14™

The answer is no. "You" can't awaken and "you" can't do anything about it. Likewise, "you" can't not do anything about it. 

And don't let anybody fool you into believing that you can get rid of yourself or that you can become enlightened. Although I think you already understand that. 

However, so long as there seems to be an illusion, so long you will be under illusion. Because  "breaking an illusion" essentially doesn't ever happen and so you will never" get rid of your ego". 

All you can do is frustrate yourself so much, that one day, you hopefully realize that you've been trying to solve an impossible problem. And then there will be peace. 

Meditate hardcore? Motivation? You got your understanding of ego turned inside out. What you think is egoic, highest joy, etc, is authentic, is already here now and what you think is the way to it is actually what's holding you apart from it. Meditation can bring this to light. We are sneaky enough to use the idea of a method to what we are, to color over the fact that we already... Are. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

"you" cannot meditate

leave the you at the door before the sitting on the mat

and pray god have mercy to come take a poor soul from the darkness

you can't do this but it sure can

it is damn hardcore, with your best interests at heart trust me

Edited by gettoefl

Wanna force awakening? Stay a couple of nights without sleep. Yet i don't recommended it, is your choice. 

Why sleep deprivation forces you to awake? Because after some days of not sleeping you start to hallucinate, and if you go into it and continue to stay awake 2 paths will unfold. 1 you get insane, 2 you awaken to the real. So yeah, i don't recommended this. Because i did it and know how it is, after 2 weeks of sleep deprivation with 10-30min naps at 3-4 hours gaps. Why i did this? Because it was something similar to Gautama and Jesus my experience. I said to myself, i don't move from here until i see the truth about who or what God is. And it worked. But it needs a trauma situation of some sort to trigger the most deep in you. 

Those who claim you cannot simply awake, that it needs something special, they did not awake, they still dream for someone to come and save them. 

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

No.  Any desire is a trap, even the desire to be free of desire.  Embrace the paradox of it and just live this moment and realize it is perfect.  

There is no perfect moment and we have to move. Otherwise we stacknate. 

Singer

14™

It’s alright if you start out through the Egos motivation to manipulate reality to fulfill its selfish needs. After all, it would be a hard sell if the Ego really knew the truth..that obtaining awakening will lead to its demise :).

Therefore, it helps to trick it a bit.