Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hamedsf

a great meditation tip for coffee drinkers

7 posts in this topic

if you are a heavy coffee drinker like me, it might be a suitable time to mix it with your meditation.

if you're too awake and drink a coffee, your meditation will be just full of thoughts even more than usual because it causes your organs to produce stress hormones for you. in this state your brain is in beta state which is a pretty bad brain wave for the meditation.

so pick a time that you are completely free and a bit drowsy that your body exactly needs a short nap of 10-20 min (not more)

drink your cup of coffee and immediately hop on your meditation session. If you get comfortable and relax physically short dreams will flash in the screen of your mind (in this stage you're getting into delta state) then when you wake up again into your meditation, you're exactly in the best brain wave for meditation which is: alpha state.

hope this helps!

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

I find that meditating right before bed is great. It's like i'm already relaxed and capable of relaxing because of the melatonin 

@Raptorsin7 that's good time too but I intended for the meditation without melatonin.

if you seek a meditation with melatonin 3-4 AM in the morning is the best time. 

I disagree with the premise of this thread, that you should alter your state of mind to meditate better. Meditation is about seeing things AS THEY ARE, regardless of condition or content.

@mrPixel Experiment 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

5 hours ago, mrPixel said:

I disagree with the premise of this thread, that you should alter your state of mind to meditate better. Meditation is about seeing things AS THEY ARE, regardless of condition or content.

then you should disagree with psychedelics too! 

8 hours ago, mrPixel said:

Totally reasonable. However most meditators or not superhuman monks, so they occasionally slack off the meditation entirely if they are too sleepy. So this might be a fair method, when meditation won't be done otherwise. 

But granted, the ultimate goal is without anything besides your mind.