Terell Kirby

Success stories: escaping wage slavery

22 posts in this topic

As I get deeper into working my life purpose, I’m starting to see just how damn hard it will be to buy my freedom from corporate/wage slavery. If any of you have escaped, I would like to hear your success stories and what you did to stay motivated. Also if you’re trying to break out, share your motivation techniques. At this point..it’s a long game for me (10-20 years…hopefully)

Wow what great timing. I just quit my day job today. It’s scary but god has us.

@KennedyCarter best of luck! There’s been a surge of US workers leaving jobs for more flexibility and higher wages. The pandemic has changed the way we look at work and wages for sure.

A big juicy vision. Taking care of your body and mind, health and energy is vital to manage your emotions and maintain the energy to side hustle. Have a big vision, but don't get trapped into thinking that you need to go from your 9-5 job into fully established 6 figure or more income full impact life purpose in the same week you quit your 9-5 job. If you really wanna make the switch, find out what the minimum amount of money you need to be coming in each month from you lifes purpose in order to take care of your basic financial needs and try to strategically establish this income from your side hustle asap. Make escaping wage slavery the top priority in your life. Once you pull it off, you'll have your time and energy back to fully devote yourself to your lifes purpose and you can build and evolve it from there and devote time and energy to other areas of your life. It will take some sacrifice and quite possibly having to live on a lot lower of an income for a little while, but at least you'll be free and doing what you love. At least this is the way i see it for me. For my lifes purpose, it will have to start small as i build skill, experience and reputation and awareness around my services, theres no way but to start small and go from there. But small can be enough to pay the bills and buy your ticket out of wage slavery. Talking to other people who are also on the side hustle wage slavery escape train also helps so thanks for the post!

Edited by Spence94

You need a really good reason for why you must be free.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

23 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

share your motivation techniques.

Well. Do the work you love for the sake of that work. For its own sake and the satisfaction you get from it.

If you have that you already have more than most people. It really is a great joy to be creative and passionate about anything.

And if you really love that work enough it should be enough motivation to position yourself to make a living off of it.

You have to figure out how yourself. Maybe start working part-time and then on your Life Purpose on the side at first.

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

15 hours ago, Spence94 said:

For my lifes purpose, it will have to start small as i build skill, experience and reputation and awareness around my services, theres no way but to start small and go from there. But small can be enough to pay the bills and buy your ticket out of wage slavery.

Thanks! Appreciate you tying skill building into all of this and the need to not feel bad about starting small. One hurdle for me is gradually getting away from the comfort that my 9-5 provides (another trick of wage slave owners). Awesome feedback 

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes - your life purpose course did wonders regarding this. For me it’s not freedom for freedoms sake, it’s leaving the world s better place by not wasting my existence and capabilities as a human with unique talents

2 hours ago, ItsNick said:

If you have that you already have more than most people. It really is a great joy to be creative and passionate about anything.

Agree. I make a six figure income from being a wage slave which isn’t bad, but it’s not my life purpose. I need to somehow be able to survive with funds from a life purpose. It’s in the works.

I am not the best example but

I made a MedTech startup straight out of university. I moved back to my parents' house and worked 60-80 hours a week for a year. I never had any real jobs in my life, and looks like probably I will never need one. I plan to help people around me financially and the startup product is about making people live longer. Win-win-win type

Besides our success, I had very positive experience with the startup world, we received lot of support even when we had only the idea. However it is surely not for anyone. Delusion here leads to failure very fast. That's why I feel like startups are connected to spirtuality in a way. You get rewarded for seeing clearly.

13 minutes ago, Ghost said:

You get rewarded for seeing clearly.

Seeing clearly but narrowly.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Have you heard of the 4% rule? Supposedly, if your capital is invested sensibly and diversified, you can withdraw 4% per annum safely without affecting the capital long term.

In other words, work out how much money you need to live per year and times that by 25 - that's how much capital you need to feel secure. 

There's still risk. There could be a war, an economic depression, a revolution, or big tax changes such as wealth taxes. That's why it's important to be well diversified across different asset classes and countries. 

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Delusion here leads to failure very fast. That's why I feel like startups are connected to spirtuality in a way. You get rewarded for seeing clearly.

Thanks for sharing. And kudos for you taking that leap right out of university. I went straight into the workforce and have been in it for 10 years or so. Agree on startups connected to high consciousness.

2 hours ago, Stovo said:

In other words, work out how much money you need to live per year and times that by 25 - that's how much capital you need to feel secure. 

Thanks for sharing, helps to know what the minimum is to feel secure instead running ourselves dry by chasing profit 24/7.

2 hours ago, Stovo said:

Have you heard of the 4% rule? Supposedly, if your capital is invested sensibly and diversified, you can withdraw 4% per annum safely without affecting the capital long term.

There's still risk. There could be a war, an economic depression, a revolution, or big tax changes such as wealth taxes. That's why it's important to be well diversified across different asset classes and countries. 

I know you're a real person and this is generally good advice, but with the way this post is I can't help but be reminded of cringey YouTube comment spam xD

hrhrhtewgfegege

I made it once. Early investing in Bitcoin (2013) which turned I turned into a million and a half dollar fortune at its peak.

To make a long story short, I lived from it for a few years and lost it almost all on another crypto project I used to work for.

Edited by Etherial Cat

11 hours ago, Roy said:

I know you're a real person and this is generally good advice, but with the way this post is I can't help but be reminded of cringey YouTube comment spam xD

Hahaha, sorry forgot to put a link to my investing course, which (of course) is discounted 99% today only ;)

11 hours ago, Etherial Cat said:

I made it once. Early investing in Bitcoin (2013) which turned I turned into a million and a half dollar fortune at its peak.

To make a long story short, I lived from it for a few years and lost it almost all on another crypto project I used to work for.

@Etherial Cat In Leo's latest video he mentions that getting rich quick doesn't work if your castle is built on pillars of sand, maybe this is what he means.

Here is my perspective on that:

On 30.8.2021 at 8:08 PM, Terell Kirby said:

I would like to hear your success stories

The success story is occurring right now, not after I've escaped wage slavery.

what you did to stay motivated

No need to stay motivated if you're inspired. If you understand that the success story is taking place right now, the whole journey will be joyful. Not just the outcome (=escaping wage slavery). The outcome is just the cherry on top.

An example: I have to do an internship for about 5 months, unpaid. This is a shitty motivator. I will have no money for that time span, that's true. And it's also true that I will need a certain sum to realize my LP. Yet, I'm inspired and excited about it. I'm excited about the growth that will occur and the experience that I will be gaining during the internship. That growth, in return, further helps me with actualizing my LP.

Also if you’re trying to break out, share your motivation techniques.

I'm not trying to break out. I am breaking out.

At this point..it’s a long game for me (10-20 years…hopefully)

Same. Depending on how the dice fall, I "will be there" in 9-12 years. Still, happiness and being free do not depend on that LP goal. It's living this moment which makes me happy. No LP ever could give me the joy, which this present experience already gives me abundantly.

If you don't know her, check out Esther Hicks.

57 minutes ago, Stovo said:

@Etherial Cat In Leo's latest video he mentions that getting rich quick doesn't work if your castle is built on pillars of sand, maybe this is what he means.

Though it wasn't necessarily a pillar of sand. The general thesis was correct. There is a need and usage for crypto, but the industry has turned into a massive devilish cartel.

Crypto as an industry is still standing and kicking well in general, but what I did back then is harder to reiterate because the scale is 10 000x bigger than what is used to be. Back then, from all the assets I used to hold, 4/5 would have got me to a 10 millions + usd value at the current time and raised to be leading and lasting project in the industry .

What occurred to my Bitcoins is a very long story. In a nutshell, I got burned by poor venture management, bad timing and a multi-million famous fund screwing over the team who was working on a well established project once they made billions with a veeeeery famous scam. This team is made out of people I know personally and worked with, so I'm closer to being an early crypto project runner than a meer speculator. I've had Vitalik Buterin eating at the table next me and I've met several influencer and founders as part as my job.

But as things are currently, I am out. I don't have the spark nor the feeling that it is the right place for me anymore.

I'll say that I half escaped it since I started to work as a freelancer. This is allowing me to make money without working that much. This is also allowing me to work on another project to get completely financially independent and to direct myself more and more towards my life purpose.

2 hours ago, Etherial Cat said:

Though it wasn't necessarily a pillar of sand. The general thesis was correct. There is a need and usage for crypto, but the industry has turned into a massive devilish cartel.

Crypto as an industry is still standing and kicking well in general, but what I did back then is harder to reiterate because the scale is 10 000x bigger than what is used to be. Back then, from all the assets I used to hold, 4/5 would have got me to a 10 millions + usd value at the current time and raised to be leading and lasting project in the industry .

What occurred to my Bitcoins is a very long story. In a nutshell, I got burned by poor venture management, bad timing and a multi-million famous fund screwing over the team who was working on a well established project once they made billions with a veeeeery famous scam. This team is made out of people I know personally and worked with, so I'm closer to being an early crypto project runner than a meer speculator. I've had Vitalik Buterin eating at the table next me and I've met several influencer and founders as part as my job.

But as things are currently, I am out. I don't have the spark nor the feeling that it is the right place for me anymore.

@Etherial Cat Are you sure in hindsight that you didn't take too much risk? 

20 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:
On 31/08/2021 at 0:18 PM, Leo Gura said:

Yes - your life purpose course did wonders regarding this. For me it’s not freedom for freedoms sake, it’s leaving the world s better place by not wasting my existence and capabilities as a human with unique talents

Is that a visceral reason for you right now, that makes you feel things?

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

I know of people who needed more immediate and visceral reasons, like "I want to be able to play with my kids - and be able to spend more energy and time with them than whatever scraps is leftover after a long day at a draining job"

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/