Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adamq8

Bernardo Kastrup's new book

8 posts in this topic

I want to deeply recommend Bernardo's new book,  Science Ideated. 

Why?

Because if you struggle with the materialist view and outlook on life, or that it is ingrained in your "subconscious" I strongly suggest that this book is for you.

The chapters is divided in essays, that include the topics of : why materialism is outdated and an absurd metaphysics of reality and why Analytical Idealism=everything is conciousness/mind, is a perfectly reasonable substitute for it.

And how panpsychism is also a last effort for materialism to survive and keep their selves in the game so to speak.

And finally his argument for mind/conciousness only reality.

It is a philosophy not unlike Leo's teaching, IE everything is mind/conciousness. 

But he argues from a scientific standpoint that the evidence is clear on what paradigm makes the most sense both according to our experience in daily life and the hardcore evidence based science of today.

He is a deeply intiuitive and honest intellectual guy who is deeply spiritual as well.

I suggest you check out interviews of him on Youtube too, preferable the one with Theories Of Everything channel, the one Leo was on ?

If you are interested in philosophy you should check him out aswell.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Did you read this book from Kindle? I see that this book will be released on Amazon on September 1st.

@ted73104 Yes on amazon kindle ?

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Been eyeing that one, currently listening to his interview with Kurt. I have read "Why Materialism is Baloney". Would you say considering that and the interview, is there enough new insight to justify reading the book? 

8 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Been eyeing that one, currently listening to his interview with Kurt. I have read "Why Materialism is Baloney". Would you say considering that and the interview, is there enough new insight to justify reading the book? 

Yeah I would say that even if you listened to the interview and read the materialism is baloney book, you should read his new one ?

- Pseudo-dionysius 

3 hours ago, Adamq8 said:

Yeah I would say that even if you listened to the interview and read the materialism is baloney book, you should read his new one ?

Will do then, thanks! I'm also intrigued by his book on Jung's metaphysics. 

2 hours ago, peanutspathtotruth said:

Will do then, thanks! I'm also intrigued by his book on Jung's metaphysics. 

Excellent book aswell!

Jung's most famous televised quote came after he was asked if he believed in God. He replied, “I don't need to believe, I know”

Decoding Schopenhauer's metaphysics is also an excellent book! ?

- Pseudo-dionysius 

5 hours ago, Adamq8 said:

Jung's most famous televised quote came after he was asked if he believed in God. He replied, “I don't need to believe, I know"

I've seen the interview, this quote and how he said it stayed in my mind for quite a while