GrandeOrso

Spyral dinamics music?

19 posts in this topic

It would be nice to have a collection of singers, groups, bands, orderer by level of consciousness, don't you think? 

Lyrics-wise, but also vibe-wise. 

Does it make sense? 

it doesn't make much sense tbh. I feel that not everything can be put into a frame of SD. It just doesn't serve any good or useful purpose.

listen to a variety of music and see what emotions are being stirred up and observe it. it's better than trying to create some mental models

softly into the Abyss...

It kind of makes sense. Music can reflect certain values. But sometimes it isn't really that clear just through the music itself. Like here is a stage turquoise example:

It's not the lyrics, nor the vibe itself that make this a stage turquoise song. Jacob Collier has a HIGHLY holistic understanding of music and harmony. However, if you don't know ANYTHING about music theory, it might be hard to see just how insane his level of understanding truly is. It might actually be quiet difficult to see how this reflects stage turquoise. (Even though this one is sort of clear, I mean just the way he made all of the hundreds of vocal lines come together to form a single living and breathing song in such a seamless manor is crazy!)

But with other examples it's actually quiet easy.

I don't think it's difficult to see the values being reflected in this song lol

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

23 hours ago, Fortunate Son said:

Turquoise - J.S. Bach

Yellow - The Beatles

Green - Sting

Orange - Frank Sinatra

Blue, Red etc. - Kanye West

xD

nailed it 

softly into the Abyss...

22 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

the way he made all of the hundreds of vocal lines come together to form a single living and breathing song in such a seamless manor is crazy!)

its pure Yellow description.

What's even turquoise music? It my be HIGHLY subjective. I have experienced turquoise music when was tripping on lsd, had ego death and literally became the music myself. This is more of a turquoise description for me, it's about BEING.

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

@Intraplanetary Care to elaborate? I see holism/interconnectedness/oneness as turquoise qualities.

I think you just like the song too much to call it turquoise when it's actually just a good quality a cappella song :D

I mean i listen to ambient music a lot and feel like this is the freaking best stuff cause it's highly creative, often out of this world and literally is a tool for my enlightenment work and emotional development so maybe I could say it's also turquoise when for you it wouldn't be at all. 

softly into the Abyss...

@Intraplanetary Oh no you misunderstood me. I was making a point about how music can reflect different values. I wasn't saying that this song represents stage turquoise per se, but that it's all about how you interpret it and that there are different ways of interpreting a song and that it's highly relative (the lyrics vs the song structure for example). I do think that Jacob has a holistic understanding of music and that he dabbles in stage turquoise perspectives from time to time (from what I've seen in his interviews), but that's not the point I was making.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

it's all about how you interpret it and that there are different ways of interpreting a song and that it's highly relative

This we can agree on 100% ! ;)

softly into the Abyss...

This is tier 3 : 

If you disagree you are below purple

Edited by SriSriJustinBieber

@SriSriJustinBieber Justin Bieber's 'baby' is tier 2

Honestly huge respect to the life Justin has experienced love you bro

Man that DJ khaled song got everyone in it lol

It's kinda trash though tbh (my opinion hehe)

I like Justins song "What do you mean"

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Tier 2

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I could see this having some issues, like music that's aggressive being labelled Red or music that vaguely references New Age stuff as being Turquoise.