BlackPhil

Would like a more detailed take on what happens after physical death (pref by Leo)

96 posts in this topic

I still don't understand why, with so many spiritually versed people in this forum, the subject of reincarnation seems like a kind of taboo. all mystics, ahem ramana maharashi, have talked about it. Intuitively the idea of an evolution towards greater consciousness life after life seems real. 

We can have this hair splitting tennis match back and forth endlessly but I tend to prefer deep inquiry experience and higher lines of reasoning instead of buying into things regarding this topic.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

14 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I still don't understand why, with so many spiritually versed people in this forum, the subject of reincarnation seems like a kind of taboo. all mystics, ahem ramana maharashi, have talked about it. Intuitively the idea of an evolution towards greater consciousness life after life seems real. 

because it is just speculation 

so why would we lose time in speculations?

49 minutes ago, RedLine said:

Could be, but just like Leo said he has seen how God creates reality, it is possible to see how reincarnation works, past lives ... or so they say

Sometimes I see glimpses what death may be like. By intuitively feeling into it, this is what I would say:

1. First, mind "leaves" the body, or rather body is recognized as a part of the mind.

2. A stage of astral projection/lucid state, where you can move through space and time etc. by thought. Mind begins to merge with everything. Step by step to complete lucidity. Waking up.

3. Whatever you most desire.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

42 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Could be, but just like Leo said he has seen how God creates reality, it is possible to see how reincarnation works, past lives ... or so they say

How do you know that what you "see" is not something you are imagining?

2 hours ago, RedLine said:

Well, its only speculation until you find out a way to learn more. Reaching awakened states using psychedelics was only speculation until someone discovered the method and tried it.

Also I think it can be very problematic to just ignore these things. For instance it seems like alot of people get the idea that they will merge into the godhead when their physical body dies no matter what. This belief can make people do very foolish things, hurting themselves or others etc. Therefor I dont think discussing these things, trying to find more answers, is a waste of time at all.

Im not saying it isnt possible that you actually go non-dual after physical death, but from my own experiences and from listening to yogis etc I think its highly unlikely that is what happens for the everyday person.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Confusing perhaps but not pointless.

It's an educated intuition.

Not all knowledge can be direct consciousness. You cannot have 100% certainty about everything in this work. Science is often uncertain about things. There is no reason why consciousness could not dream a series of dreams back to back. This is highly likely.

@Leo Gura So just speculation then...

1 hour ago, SS10 said:

If youre not supposed to speculate on a discussion forum Leo might aswell shut it down because there is nothing more to say.

19 hours ago, BlackPhil said:

Im aware of this too. This thread is not about whats ultimately true from the ultimate perspective, like I said. To communicate in this imaginary space we must use these imaginary concepts in lack of other alternatives, as long as we imagine ourselves stuck in this illusion of form. Just assume Im aware of those obvious things please. Unless your ego has already in this moment achieved complete loss of identification with self or form you also have to play under the rules of the game. If you cant handle it maybe Mahasamadhi is the way. I on the other hand still have some attachment to this imaginary existence (which is very faschinating aswell btw even if its nothing and nowhere) and Im curious about more imaginary details. So please stick to the subject.

On that level, no one really knows — and in fact it seems rather obvious that no one can ever know... Death is merely a fancy word for the unknown, in that regard. But actual death is fiction and nonsensical, as you probably know — in that way, one can know exactly what death is: it doesn’t happen.

There are many ideas of what could appear to happen — reincarnation, etc — but regardless, it would not be happening to you. For instance, if someone dies today (is freed from time and space) and is timelessly reincarnated completely as Trump over half a century ago, is it even meaningful to say that reincarnation occurred? That might as well be happening every time you go to sleep at night (or more precisely, whenever you actually lose total consciousness like in anesthesia, since even in deep sleep it’s conceivable that it’s only memory that ceases). You have no way of knowing you don’t reincarnate as Trump every night, whether in a so called alternative timeline or not, as the concept is nonsensical, ultimately because the notion of separation is nonsensical in the first place. As are notions of time, birth, and personal experience simply learned beliefs of separation.

Death is the falling away of a separation belief — what seems the most obvious is that this will happen all at once to all remaining separation beliefs of an individual at bodily failure, which is the only reason bodily failure is what people refer to death as the most. But those beliefs can and often do drop before bodily failure, albeit usually not all at once.

Edited by The0Self

Well I can tell you what it was like for me to die. I died. And I'm still here.

Keep in mind I'm going off memories here. So these are obviously just what I imagine, nonetheless. 

I guess what happened was that every duality collapsed around itself and I became the God mind. The God mind was everything you see in front of you but everything being connected and conscious of itself as infinite imagination and alive(one). Even if I closed my eyes, I would just imagine a new reality as the visual field and my eyes became just an idea of where the light of consciousness came through. 

All of a sudden, Boom. There I was, looking at my life as just an idea. A "daydream" in God's imagination. Again everything collapsed into One, which is what this forum and everything in my life has always been, One light of consciousness. I looked at my phone and messages from a friend and I was conscious I was literally creating them with my mind. I was messaging myself. This is where the solipsism part comes in, because you are so conscious there is nothing here but you dreaming stuff up. I suppose this can be the part that would frightening your ego if you haven't accepted it before.

Anyway... I guess after experiencing this level of awakening, it just becomes obvious anything is possible in reality; including Siddhis, telepathy and of course back to back dreams. God's imagination is infinite and can it dream up anything including all of you and me. 

9 hours ago, billiesimon said:

Is this what ancient hindu sages meant with samsara and reincarnation when a person is not enlightened? 

Well, there are really only two options:

Either God is fully awake or God is dreaming.

So if you ain't fully awake you are dreaming, and you will continue to dream until you become fully awake.

I expect that most people on the planet are so far from awakening that even death will not fully awaken them. So they will keep dreaming many more dreams.

And remember, there is nothing wrong with dreaming. You can dream as long as you like. If you want to dream 100,000 lifetimes, have at it.

5 hours ago, SS10 said:

Be careful being so dismissive.

I could dismiss 99% of your daily mental activity as "just speculation". Yet you still do it and don't think twice about it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

22 minutes ago, Godishere said:

Well I can tell you what it was like for me to die. I died. And I'm still here.

No, when your body is destroyed and never come back, then you died.

@Blackhawk If that's what you believe death is, fine. Who am I to tell you otherwise? Why do you believe it's not possible to die and then come back? Because you personally haven't experienced it, is my best bet. 

Edited by Godishere

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, there are really only two options:

Either God is fully awake or God is dreaming.

So if you ain't fully awake you are dreaming, and you will continue to dream until you become fully awake.

I expect that most people on the planet are so far from awakening that even death will not fully awaken them. So they will keep dreaming many more dreams.

And remember, there is nothing wrong with dreaming. You can dream as long as you like. If you want to dream 100,000 lifetimes, have at it.

Be careful being so dismissive.

I could dismiss 99% of your daily mental activity as "just speculation". Yet you still do it and don't think twice about it.

@Leo Gura I have a question if I may

What's the point of awakening from the existential point of view? Why not just fully live like animal (human-animal) and enjoy it? Why become woke at all, what's the point of it? There seems to be no fundamental difference between these modalities - Being an animal, and being a woke animal. Sure, you get way more understanding of reality this way, I guess, and it probably can be a pleasureful and nice way of being, if you are woke, maybe even you'd suffer bit less than other animals.

But isn't it fundamentally just another state of consciousness and fundamentally there is completely no difference between being woke & unwoke in life? It feels a bit just like a more esthetic way to live life - to be enjoying these kinda higher pleasures, that are not for everybody kind of thing and not as a necessity as in like "If you don't get woke in your life time - your life is completely wasted)

I am personally inclined to enjoy all these "higher pleasures", but it's kinda my personality profile/karma in this lifetime and I can easily see and actually feel/experience how to fully live just like a human animal and still totally enjoy it. Or even combine it all.

But do we really need to maintain this good/bad dichotomy about awakening? As in, if you're not awake or at least pursuing awakening - you're almost an inferior human being/wasting your life, and if you do - you're doing something great, keep doing that, (mate). 

Something tells me, though, that if you awake/obtain higher spiritual insights & power during a lifetime, you might be carrying it on to your next life(lives) and it will actually by highly beneficial to do so, cause you'll assumably get more control over your subjective experience/this whole thing or whatever. But it's just my speculation/intuitions

5 minutes ago, Godishere said:

@Blackhawk If that's what you believe death is, fine. Who am I to tell you otherwise? Why do you believe it's not possible to die and then come back? Because you personally haven't experienced it, is my best bet. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death

"Death is the permanent, irreversible cessation of all biological functions that sustain a living organism.

The remains of a previously living organism normally begin to decompose shortly after death. Death is an inevitable, universal process that eventually occurs in all living organisms."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5570697/

"The UDDA simply states: ’An individual who has sustained either (1) irreversible cessation of circulatory and respiratory functions, or (2) irreversible cessation of all functions of the entire brain, including the brain stem, is dead."

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/death-definition/

"So an adequate definition of death must be adequate in the case of all organisms. What happens when a paramecium, clover, tree, mosquito, rabbit, or human dies? The organism stops functioning as an integrated unit and breaks down, turning what was once a dynamic object that took energy from the environment to maintain its own structure and functioning into an inert piece of matter subject to disintegration and decay."

12 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

What's the point of awakening from the existential point of view? Why not just fully live like animal (human-animal) and enjoy it? Why become woke at all, what's the point of it? 

Especially since human is such an amazing animal. We can do so much stuff with our mind and intuition, it's mind-bogging. Sometimes spending way TOO MUCH time meditating can feel like a waste, indeed, cause even with spiritual powers, I am sure you can channel it all into something creative. 

I imagine being a rabbit for example, and it feels so meh. I think running from wolves and stuff can be quite fun, with all honesty. But ultimately, I feel lt is actually not that exciting :D, and you pretty much die instantly if you fail at it.

Maybe that's why they breed so much, need to make a circle of life keep rolling

Edited by Hello from Russia

15 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

@Leo Gura I have a question if I may

What's the point of awakening from the existential point of view?

It's Absolute Truth.

Reality cannot be anything other than Absolute Truth.

The only point of Truth is itself, since Truth is the only thing there is or could be.

Why not just fully live like animal (human-animal) and enjoy it?

You can do whatever you like.

Stop treating awakening as if it is forced on you. No one is forcing it on you.

Why become woke at all, what's the point of it? There seems to be no fundamental difference between these modalities - Being an animal, and being a woke animal. Sure, you get way more understanding of reality this way, I guess, and it probably can be a pleasureful and nice way of being, if you are woke, maybe even you'd suffer bit less than other animals.

You are asking me to give you a selfish reason for selflessness. Which of course there isn't any.

Selflessness cannot have any selfish reason.

I am personally inclined to enjoy all these "higher pleasures", but it's kinda my personality profile/karma in this lifetime and I can easily see and actually feel/experience how to fully live just like a human animal and still totally enjoy it.

Yes, cause you are a selfish fuck ;)

But do we really need to maintain this good/bad dichotomy about awakening?

Nothing is ever bad. Bad does not exist.

As in, if you're not awake or at least pursuing awakening - you're almost an inferior human being/wasting your life, and if you do - you're doing something great, keep doing that, (mate).

I push you guys towards awakening because that's what I care about. If you don't care about it then stop following my work. Go jerk off or whatever. My teachings are not geared for lazy people who are satisfied spending their life jerking off.

I am a very ambitious person and all of my teachings assume you have an ambition to make the most of your life. If you don't, then stop watching.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Blackhawk  

12 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death

"Death is the permanent, irreversible cessation of all biological functions that sustain a living organism.

The remains of a previously living organism normally begin to decompose shortly after death. Death is an inevitable, universal process that eventually occurs in all living organisms."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5570697/

"The UDDA simply states: ’An individual who has sustained either (1) irreversible cessation of circulatory and respiratory functions, or (2) irreversible cessation of all functions of the entire brain, including the brain stem, is dead."

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/death-definition/

"So an adequate definition of death must be adequate in the case of all organisms. What happens when a paramecium, clover, tree, mosquito, rabbit, or human dies? The organism stops functioning as an integrated unit and breaks down, turning what was once a dynamic object that took energy from the environment to maintain its own s

Well.. this ends with biological organism.