yetineti

Confused over Sean Hannity Thread being locked.

8 posts in this topic

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like Sean Hannity, I don’t want to be banned and I am really not extremely educated about politics 

but it seems to me that thread was relatively genuine.

from my perspective if we were to pull out from Afghanistan, it seems like there would have been a way to do it better.

From that perspective, I’m confused why that thread got locked and someone got banned.

what am I missing?

why was it so worth it to leave there the way we did?

Genuinely asking. I’ve heard many on the left say the chaos was inevitable but it seems to me it wasn’t necessarily…

@mw711

You can bring an accepted source for that opionion. There are centrist and leftwing sources. Fox news is a nono on this forum. The reason is these guys exaggerate and lie so much that it is bad ROI to waste time on them. On the long run it is too  exhausting.

I guess you can use Fox news as an exception if they bring an opinion or fact that you can not have anywhere else but that almost never happens.

Edited by Epikur

Fox News is trash, that's why. If you actually sit down and look at different news outlet, it becomes clear how Fox News dishonestly represents issues.

On Fox News you will hear people talk about issues like they care about, when they really don't, lots of smokescreen to push an agenda. 

Edited by SgtPepper

A) Hannity is not an acceptable source for anything but comedy.

B) That user was banned not for that one case but because he consistently speaks from that kind of ideological right-wing stance. I am not going to be dealing with his ideological posts all year. This is not the right forum for him.

On this forum I expect some intellectual rigor and epistemic self-awareness.

I don't care if someone has conservative views, but they need to be presented in an intellectually honest and fact-based way, and your sources better not be Fox News or the like.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Epikur @SgtPepper

I appreciate you guys, that makes a lot of sense. 

Nobody think I like Fox News ? I am more than aware of their stupidity.

It was a ‘even a broken clock is right twice a day moment,’ with Afghanistan - because from my perspective we could have pulled out more efficiently.

But you both made great points - even if they happen to be right about a sliver of a sliver - you can just find a million other sources arguing the same thing 1000x more effectively.

Here’s a take that won’t get a thread locked:

@Willie

On 29/08/2021 at 10:02 PM, Willie said:

Here’s a take that won’t get a thread locked:

That's an acceptable enougb source of information for the forum.