Mesopotamian

How Do I Know That I Care About The Truth

14 posts in this topic

I don't know if I do care about the truth. If I say yes, then I'll have to ask myself, does the truth serve my survival? because all I care now is my survival.

In this sense, it seems that I care about the truth with small 't' because maybe truth is the opposite of falsness, and the latter will always lead me to suffering and delusions.

But if you ask me if I care about truth, I would like to tend to say, not really..

but again, maybe I care, but I don't know that for sure!

42 minutes ago, Mesopotamian said:

If I say yes, then I'll have to ask myself, does the truth serve my survival? because all I care now is my survival.

The truth is that you care about your survival.

Since you care about your survival, you care about the truth. :D 

If you feel that reality is absurd, if you feel wonder, and you badly want to know what the fuck is going on here, even if it means suffering or death to you, then you probably care about the truth.

Basically.. if you feel a massive frustration, like "GAAAAAAAH I want to know the truth about reality at any cost."

Edited by Blackhawk

If you feel doubt/confusion in your experience, or if you feel lost, that means you aren't aware of the truth, which means that you care about it, because subconsciously, you know it will uplift your experience and levitate you.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

On 29.8.2021 at 2:10 PM, Mesopotamian said:

I don't know if I do care about the truth. If I say yes, then I'll have to ask myself, does the truth serve my survival? because all I care now is my survival.

In this sense, it seems that I care about the truth with small 't' because maybe truth is the opposite of falsness, and the latter will always lead me to suffering and delusions.

But if you ask me if I care about truth, I would like to tend to say, not really..

You are on the false forum, my friend

On 2021-08-29 at 2:10 PM, Mesopotamian said:

You obviosly want to know how to know If you care about the truth which is a question based on wanting to know the truth when it comes to this question, hence.. you care about the truth.

You wouldn't have asked this meta question otherwise 

Another good way to check this is to notice if you can get excited by being wrong and becoming aware of that. If you like that, it probably is becuase that means that you now are closer to the truth and therefor get excited becuase you care about truth.

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

@Mesopotamian You don't care.

To care about Truth is that you care about it over survival. Because survival is falsehood.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 8/29/2021 at 7:10 AM, Mesopotamian said:

From what I gathered from your post: You don't care about the truth, because the truth is you only care about survival. However, you admitted that you only care about survival. That takes a lot of self-awareness and introspection. If only the majority of the people in the world admitted they only cared about survival. Instead, they care about winning the rat race, but they deny that makes them mere rats in terms of consciousness level. However, just that little bit of insight makes you a little above the rat race. The question for you is this: Do you continue to pursue the truth, or do you go back to being a rat?

Self-survival is not a pursuit of the truth. See the implications of this.

And self survival is the game in town. Always will be. 

If we dress up Truth in beautiful clothes and fantasies, that’s probably what helps people discover it — the little ones who do.

Notice that if your experience of life would be happy, optimal, you wouldn’t care about the truth, would you? We want it because we suffer and think that discovering it will free us from our fundamental pain.

Vernon Howard said something along the lines of the following:

The first step in discovering the truth lies in honestly observing that you don’t care about it.

Edited by Arzola

47 minutes ago, Arzola said:

The first step in discovering the truth lies in honestly observing that you don’t care about it.

:x

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

50 minutes ago, Arzola said:

Fuck yes.

It seems that Truth is not an object of awareness or value. It's more like something you let more and more into your life by honesty, introspection, feeling etc.

It's all about becoming Truth rather than finding it.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

11 hours ago, Arzola said:

i don't care about it but I do care about it

to tell the truth, the relinquishing of me is the re-emergence of I

Edited by gettoefl

Your love of truth is known by the love that is felt. True love feels good... like love. All other feeling is love too, but if it feels bad, it isn't True.

The sense I Am is love prior to the sense I am a body, a separate individual. This is what is meant by survival. Survival is not a problem, just go beyond, prior to the I am that needs to survive to the sense I AM, being... meditation, awareness aware of itself, love itself collapses in perfectly unity prior to thought of separation. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost