Anton Rogachevski

Best book for beginner non-dualist?

20 posts in this topic

Eckhart Tolle - The Power of Now

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

3 hours ago, Goldzilla said:

Tao Te Ching

Not this for sure.

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

Rupert Spira - The Nature of Consciousness: Essays on the Unity of Mind and Matter 

11 minutes ago, Regan said:

Rupert Spira - The Nature of Consciousness: Essays on the Unity of Mind and Matter 

Got this on my bedside table at the moment, funnily enough, this is the one I'd go for. Does go on a bit though, I thought it could've been about half as long and you wouldn't have lost anything. Although I never finished it tbf, maybe there's a killer twist at the end that I don't know about.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

If interested in an actual meditation practice (a way to really transform your lived reality rather than just concepts), then Culadasa’s The Mind Illuminated is great and it’s for both rank beginner and advanced practitioners alike. Rupert Spira stuff is probably good for a lighter introduction. Maybe Peter Ralston’s The Book of Not Knowing — though I haven’t read that one, I just have it and have glanced through it— looks like tons of valuable info — maybe others who have read it can chime in. Most technical book for the hands-on techniques is probably Rob Burbea’s Seeing That Frees.

44 minutes ago, RickyFitts said:

Although I never finished it tbf, maybe there's a killer twist at the end that I don't know about.

xDEnd?

The Nature of Consciousness is awesome but for someone new I'd always recommend The Power of Now, that book has some kind of magic, man, I dunno. Maybe I'm biased cause that's where I started. I found that after reading and applying those lessons I gained the interest to be able to read stuff like The Nature of Consciousness and I Am That, etc. Years before I got into Eckhart Tolle my first introduction was the movie What the Bleep Do We Know? Then I found Leo and Marie Forleo about the same time and a short time after that consumed just about everything Eckhart Tolle ever made. 

There are quite a few bridge people out there in self development and business, ones I came across personally were Leo, Marie Forleo, Tim Ferriss, even Seth Godin. A lot of people get tricked into realizing there's no them when they try to make themselves into the best them they can be. Eventually you realize the concept you is the limiting factor, and what you want shifts to wanting what you got. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

The Tao of Pooh.  

It's a more bigger friendly book based within the teachings of the Tao Te Ching. (which the later is a book I would highly recommended to any non-dualist.)

Edited by Nos7algiK

Thank you guys! Good suggestions! I guess I'd better read one myself as not recommend something I'd not yet read. xD

Yep Tao Te Ching, definitely not for beginners! Also It's not as non-dual centered, and the non-duality is only suggested ambiguously.

Edited by Anton Rogachevski

6 hours ago, Anton Rogachevski said:

What first good book on basic non-duality would you recommend a rationalist that's intrested in spirituality?

Peter Ralton, the Book of not knowing. Not for beginners but easy language.

David Hawkins.

Rupert Spira.

Bernardo Kastrup.

Sri Aurobindo.

Paul Brunton.

Dr. Tony Nader.

Pseudo-dionysius the areopagite

Plotinus.

Upanishads. 

Bhagavad Gita. 

Christopher Wallis.

Yoga Vashista. 

-

Some examples ?

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

U can try Alan Watts books. 

Edited by Elham

16 hours ago, Goldzilla said:

People, stop recommending kindergarten books ?

Once you get REALLY evolved, I recommend these two. Nondual and direct AF. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw Brilliant :D

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan