Tim R

What is Hurt?

15 posts in this topic

Have you ever wondered? What does it mean to be hurt, physically or emotionally? I haven't yet contemplated this question very thoroughly, if you have, I'd be grateful for your insight. 

What is hurt in relation to consciousness and identity (and survival)? It's some kind of suffering, yes, but... there seems to be a kind of.. I don't know how to explicate it. It's something like sadness or grief. But different.

I have a hunch that hurt is somehow intimately tied to love, but I'm not sure how exactly... 

@Nahm I'd love to hear your thoughts on this?

You don't know how "hurt" works, but you know that humans came from apes? ?

Singer

14™

What is hurting is the lymbic system. The majority of humans are not conscious of their lymbic system. It comes into conscious mind with proper awakening. 

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

Guess I'll have to contemplate it myself then

I wouldn’t even contemplate it. How could you really?  That implies there are layers to uncover, but with hurt there aren’t. A loose language pointer, but, it’s ‘supposed to be’ the most obvious thing in the world. Isn’t it so? 

But man has priorities, cause man believes man thinks past & future, and is finite. Man is thus ambitious. A slippery slope, inherited again & again. 

Look at leaders. They don’t talk about hurt. They don’t give a fuck. They want to be known & seen as leaders. Finite. The illusion of leadership. 

Get what I’m sayin?

Wise fools ‘going deep’ with what is painstakingly (xD) obvious. As obvious as infinity. As obvious as love.

Even to ‘put yourself in the shoes of others’ is bypassing. It’s dumb in comparison to how obvious hurt is. But we all buyin the talk, the products, the plans, the solutions, the ways, the “help”, yada yada. We all thinkin & talkin about it, just like this right now. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Sometimes I see that's it's so god damn obvious that I just wanna (lovingly) slap myself and everybody who asks silly questions. Yes. 

But sometimes I don't see it and then I start to think that it's necessary to think or contemplate9_9 

28 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Wise fools ‘going deep’

This.

But what is obvious if it wasn't for the hidden?

I'd say one's ego suffers and experiences 'hurt' when it wants reality to be different from what it is

(I'm not referring to reality existentially but rather one's life circumstances)

8 minutes ago, Tim R said:

But what is obvious if it wasn't for the hidden?

Maybe intrinsic is a better word than obvious. Suffering can be hidden I suppose, under layers, but hurt can not. Hurt, pain, will interrupt a meditation, a contemplation, an inquiry. Hurt prioritizes intrinsically, takes precedence unequivocally. Doesn’t matter what is being thought about. I mean obvious like you could be unraveling the mysteries of the universe in your mind so to speak, and if someone punches you in the face now your attention is there.   

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

and I think the expectation/hope is what causes suffering, as it can cause one to feel lack or incomplete in themselves when one doesn't get what they expect/hoped for

this interpretation (time-stamped) of the Prodigal son is insightful regarding suffering/hurt and consciousness/love

@Regan So funny you mentioned the prodigal son, I referenced that parable just before (slightly different context, mind, I was talking about the footballer Cristiano Ronaldo going back to Manchester United xD).

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

emotional hurt is like a implosion that happened because your heart was like a limited bubble or a closed room. If your heart was infinity with no boundaries, there would be no possibility of implosion. Yeah you are infinite god etc. But your heart and Mind need to embody that and it takes time.

7 hours ago, RickyFitts said:

@Regan So funny you mentioned the prodigal son, I referenced that parable just before (slightly different context, mind, I was talking about the footballer Cristiano Ronaldo going back to Manchester United xD).

And there's a programme on at 11 called 'Prodigal Son' - I'm starting to think the universe is trying to tell me something O.o

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

something that feels wrong, not good, unfair, not effective, painful, a sting, a regret, guilt, wanting what you don't have, under attack, sad

touch the hot stove, lose the match, get a bad grade, breakup with partner, get in wreck, cancelled/delayed flight, traffic jam, a scary dream, a lost opportunity, denial, headache, death of family

one of the ways reality manifests itself; one of the ways it feels/experiences

hurt is mental and physical (could say mental and physical are same thing)

hurt = a word humans have come up with in the English language to symbolize/represent/describe the above

the opposite of well, nice, happy, calm, great

hurt = reality experiencing empathy for reality

Edited by PepperBlossoms