SQAAD

How Do i Change Limiting Beliefs?

12 posts in this topic

I have some limiting beliefs that are rooted in traumatic childhood experiences. I've done affirmations but they don't seem to work. I don't know what should i do. Maybe i need to journal everyday and focus on the opposite of the negative belief for months or even years.

I need some practical hands-on advice. This thing has been annoying and ruining the quality of my life for many years. I've managed to raise my self-esteem over the last 4 years and things are much better but still the underlying belief isn't gone yet.

It's like it doesn't want to go..  -_-

Edited by SQAAD

In lucid dreams you can talk with your subconscious and change it

@SQAAD meditation, walk the plank of your challenge... keep focusing on the walk... then that surrender. 

@ryangold

54 minutes ago, ryangold said:

@SQAAD meditation, walk the plank of your challenge... keep focusing on the walk... then that surrender. 

Meditation has helped me become a lot calmer and more conscious overall but it doesn't help with limiting beliefs and i've been meditating for 4 years now.

Edited by SQAAD

By distinguishing truth from falsehood, stories from fantasies

Thats the most effective way

Write them on a blank piece of paper and burn them. The impression on the energetic level is huge by doing this. Watch the paper as it burns away. 

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

11 hours ago, Goldzilla said:

Write them on a blank piece of paper and burn them. The impression on the energetic level is huge by doing this. Watch the paper as it burns away. 

I like this idea. I'll definitely try this.

self limiting beliefs(SLB) usually come up when you stretch your comfort zone in each area of your life. 

try to come out of comfort zone and watch out the voice and the feeling it generates in your body. you can then contemplate on the root of those voice and feeling and when you find them just accept them and give them all of your love.

SLB happens for lack of love and acceptance in some aspect of your life, so in my opinion writing them and burning them is an aggressive and self-attacking way to handle it. at the end of the day you dont change your SLB, you embrace it and let it go...

get out of the box.

if it's a place that's limiting you, get out of that fuckin' place.

if living with certain people limits you, cut off those dumbass people.

if it's a job that puts limitations on your activities, leave that damn job!

and if it's some of your behaviors that limit yourself, burn yourself to rise from ashes as a new person! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

1. Observe.
  2. Recognize.
  3. Question.
  4. Repeat.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

On 2021-08-29 at 4:51 AM, SQAAD said:

I have some limiting beliefs that are rooted in traumatic childhood experiences. I've done affirmations but they don't seem to work. I don't know what should i do. Maybe i need to journal everyday and focus on the opposite of the negative belief for months or even years.

I need some practical hands-on advice. This thing has been annoying and ruining the quality of my life for many years. I've managed to raise my self-esteem over the last 4 years and things are much better but still the underlying belief isn't gone yet.

It's like it doesn't want to go..  -_-

@Leo Gura any news on when your new course is coming out?:D Don't say this year.

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"