EugeneTheSage

How to make your muscles soft like in the cat

14 posts in this topic

I was reading "The way of the peaceful warrior" where are main characters Socrates (guru) and Dan (disciple)

Once Socrates showed a Dan a technique of self-massage with oil. To demonstrate an importance of it he took a cat and started to squeeze his thigh muscle with thumb and point finger. Dan pleased that he don't do that but Socrates continued to push. Nothing bad happend: it figured out he could push to such point that tips of his fingers are almost connected and just a skin preventing them from touching - it means the cat's muscles were so soft that he could squeeze it without any harm to the cat.

Then Socrates showed how to do the massage and told to Dan he should perform it until his muscles would be completely soft.

I intuitively feel that is very useful to have completely soft muscles.

What I assume it would do:

• I would be much more relaxed. To such a degree that I become the "superconductor of God"
  • Much more aware of the every corner of my body
  • Less trauma from exercises
  • Much better emotional awareness. I feel I would become much more equonimious and less unconsciuosly reacting to emotions

I feel in order to reach that state i need

• Perform some long water/juice fast. Perform detox protocols
  • Become a vegan then raw and frutarian (very gradually, with proper studying)
  • Stretch a lot
  • Do yoga
  • Do more myofascial release (foam roll massage)
  • Do some Gua Sha(kerokan)
  • Go for a professional massage session. Best Thai massage, Thai isometric massage
  • Maybe try to step on Sadhu Board (board with nails) which triggers isometric points on feet and makes you release tension in other muscles

I am already doing foam roller massage, improved my diet a lot.

I feel more relaxed now - eventually after 2 years of muscle cramps I am able to sleep. Sometimes I feel that I am parsing some potent Force through myself. It is much easier not to react on compulsion to masturbate - I can observe it without "going with it". I have intuition it is a good way to go with this deep muscle work.

Of course I need to study this topic whether this thing is good at all. Until now google search of the phrase "how to make your muscle soft" that I've tried resulted only in videos "how to make you muscles hard"

Can you guys and girls give me a trace where to start my investigation? I would contact the author of the book of course.

Thank you!

Edited by EugeneTheSage
Correct some misspellings&grammar

what the duck! why soft? I'm looking for a way to make my muscle more like stones. 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

1 hour ago, hamedsf said:

what the duck! why soft? I'm looking for a way to make my muscle more like stones. 

That's the point) I think bodybuilding is not a very conscious activity. For example, I've heard the advice: "you wanna eat before bed because you have 8hours without food and you don't want to waste those 8hrs and pack yourself in more calories instead". I think eating before bed is harmful. I am more into fasting, ascetism. Just look: your digestive system is like a conveyor factory - if you never stop for technical maintenance you got some technical failures (such as cancer, stomach ulcers). So when you do intermittent fasting or do a 36hrs (1day) fast every week, or do some water fast for 10days - you regenerate and turn your digestive tract to its natural state

Bodybuilding convinces you need those 3000+ cal per day. That's what is good for muscle growth but does it good for your health? The same with the softness/hardness of muscles. Bodybuilding is younger than a century but yoga, acupuncture reach out millennia ago.

Since childhood, I am interested and inspired by some ascetic practices. That's just my way. You have another path and both our paths are ok

At least you've experienced a new perspective;)

7 hours ago, hamedsf said:

How about soft when relaxed, hard when contracting? Increasing the range of softness and hardness of your muscles and conscious control over it (being soft or hard at the appropriate times, being able to let go of tension and relax, and flex hard when needed)...

20 hours ago, EugeneTheSage said:

I feel in order to reach that state i need

• Perform some long water/juice fast. Perform detox protocols
  • Become a vegan then raw and frutarian (very gradually, with proper studying)
  • Stretch a lot
  • Do yoga
  • Do more myofascial release (foam roll massage)
  • Do some Gua Sha(kerokan)
  • Go for a professional massage session. Best Thai massage, Thai isometric massage
  • Maybe try to step on Sadhu Board (board with nails) which triggers isometric points on feet and makes you release tension in other muscles

nice list. What helps me too is doing shamanic breathing (breathwork in general), and simply feeling deeper into my body (duh:). You might also want to check out the book on Leo's book list under Body Awareness.
Some let's call then "energy healers" might help with relaxing too. My knees didn't touch the ground while sitting cross legged and after a session with such a "healer" I could do a full lotus... but given homeostasis and my exercise habits this state didn't last long, ... gotta inch your way to it over time.

Also magnesium is supposed to help relax muscles, take a form of Mg which can be absorbed well.

Edit: Heard that animals do not stretch but something called pandiculation. Here's a video of a cat pandiculating:

Edited by peqkno
added more two cents

Miracle:    Impossible from an old understanding of reality, but possible from a new one.

2 hours ago, EugeneTheSage said:

I think bodybuilding is not a very conscious activity.

There are no "unconscious activities". There are only activities, which you can do consciously or not. 

8 hours ago, EugeneTheSage said:

That's the point) I think bodybuilding is not a very conscious activity.

well, I accept there are some dumbass guys in the field of gym who are jacked up BUT with petite brain but that's not a good thing to say this is conscious and that's unconscious. 

8 hours ago, peqkno said:

How about soft when relaxed, hard when contracting?

yoga and gym at the same time. I love that mix! 

1 minute ago, hamedsf said:

yoga and gym at the same time. I love that mix! 

Yeah I don't limit myself to just yoga. I also like strenght exercises

8 hours ago, peqkno said:

How about soft when relaxed, hard when contracting? Increasing the range of softness and hardness of your muscles and conscious control over it (being soft or hard at the appropriate times, being able to let go of tension and relax, and flex hard when needed)...

That's what I'm about

I've read about pandiculation https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21665102/ and found thing called Muscular Repositioning that technique which effects are reminiscent of pandiculation. Would study it tomorrow

I feel like you are overthinking it.

1. Eat a nutritious healthful diet. (Veganism is not healthy long-term)

2. Spend time with your body - stretch, take walks, breath deeply, exercise (consciously), meditate, do nothing but sit with yourself. Don't do activities that take you out of your body like watching TV. Release whatever you need through letting your body be.

3. Take psychedelics and learn from them how to be relaxed.

All that other stuff is extra in my opinion.

1 hour ago, SgtPepper said:

breath deeply

Simply wrong advice. Seen that comment from many people in the health section of the forum. Breath should not be deep. It should be slow, low frequency, as little air as possible, fully exhale and (MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!) through nose.

Learn to breathe properly and your health and overall well being will greatly improve. For that I recommend reading James Nestors book "Breath."

Edited by Gregory1

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

13 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

All that other stuff is extra in my opinion.

Important point: it depends from what do you want from your life
I want to become superhuman, including superhuman mastering of my body.

2 hours ago, EugeneTheSage said:

Important point: it depends from what do you want from your life
I want to become superhuman, including superhuman mastering of my body.

It's not about becoming superhuman. It's about realizing that being human is super. 

Credits to Sadhguru

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

You could check out the book becoming a supple leopard by Kelly starrett. It's pretty much everyone's go to book on stretching and staying supple, but it's a hefty book with a lot of techniques. Very good myofascial release with those small rubber balls (I forget what they're called),  foam rollers, exercise bands, stretching.

I found MSM powder will very quickly give your muscles suppleness. Only thing I've found to be a real supplement that helps flexibility. 

Last year I was going to the gym every day. I was practicing exercises on my legs four times a week. My muscles were strained, that`s why I had a lot of problems with my health. I wanted my muscles to be more relaxed and soft. A friend of mine recommended me to use https://thecni.org/ because he had the same problem as me. After I gave it a try and used different types of ointment, my muscles returned to their form level. I was very happy, so I continued to train every day. It seemed to be a great idea, and I recommend you with all my pleasure.

Edited by Annavyney