AndylizedAAY

Why Do I Keep Seeing Matching Numbers?

17 posts in this topic

I don't mean to be superstitious but, why do I keep seeing matching numbers? If I remember correctly, I think I started seeing them more often after watching Leo's content but I'm not sure. The numbers I'm seeing more often are 3:33, 5:55, and 11:11. It use to be 1:11, 2:22, and 4:44. It seems like this is all a projection, and yet it keeps happening. Would I even call this a coincidence anymore? 

@AndylizedAAY

A lot of people say it’s a sign of a spiritual awakening. You’re more in tune with the flow and you’re getting winks from the universe and / or your guides.

I definitely went through a phase where I felt like I was seeing repeating numbers all the time as well.

Not sure if I am on board with this anymore as I tried a self experiment. I wanted myself to become more noticeable with the colour red, and so I did, I saw red everywhere. Because I had given it prioritisation in my mind. What I look for I found.

All I saw in that number was the 69.

But you're free to ignore the signs :)

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

In a period I was seeing many numbers, and I got bothered by it after a while lol. A sense that I couldn't shake them off. Stop focusing on it, and you may find yourself not experiencing it so much again. Use that focus, that synchronicity, for tasks that actually make you feel good.

You are seeking something that's why you see them. And i tell you, from a awakening perspective seeing those numbers is not important. They are only distractions. You have to transcend that in order to awaken. 

Better to follow this number 1.618033. 

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

more consciousness brings more coherency and order. that can also apply to seeing repetitive numbers.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

I too went through that as well. The mind functions in such as way that it picks up on patterns. So your ability to notice these patterns has been noticed by your awareness. The patterns in your attention are consistent which is why your noticing the matching numbers because your mind is primed to look for them and your behaviors are in a homeostatic resonance with your impulse to observe what time it is, aligning your observation with those number periodic and randomly. Then the mind tries to give "meaning" to these patterns at an attempt to understand as well as assign a reason for them, which are all arbitrary.

Focus on the solution, not the problem

On 29-8-2021 at 10:02 AM, Goldzilla said:

You are seeking something that's why you see them.

This resonates to a degree. In any way, when you stop caring for it, in my experience it (pretty much) disappeared.

Better to put your focus into something that actually benefits you, lol

@egoeimai it means instead of looking out there for signs, turn that eye inwards, it’s time for self realisation. You ability to notice is developing, that is what the numbers are a sign of. Noticing is part of awakening. Now notice who is noticing.

1 hour ago, Spaceofawareness said:

@egoeimai it means instead of looking out there for signs, turn that eye inwards, it’s time for self realisation. You ability to notice is developing, that is what the numbers are a sign of. Noticing is part of awakening. Now notice who is noticing.

I'm not looking it just happens randomly. It doesn't bother me. I'm just curious to see if something is going to happen or not. 

I think it might have something to do with pattern recognition. We tend to think that numbers like 11:11 and 12:12 etc. are less random than numbers like 12:43 and 10:37. 

I often see 11:11 in my alarm clock or phone. Another one i always notice is 13:37, or 1337, which means leet or elite. ?

I started experiencing this too, especially after chakras started to blossom. The more in flow I am with existence the more synchronicities seem to happen, but my curiosity about the repeating numbers has generally been fading. :)

Sadhguru basically cautions not to give it too much significance to them.

This might be able to help clear some things up, @egoeimai.

People seem to think this is all just because you WANT to look for the numbers, while that is true in many cases, it's not with me. I didn't know at all that synchronicity was a thing and it just started happening to me. After that I unknowingly started looking for them and it got insanely frequent.

Nowadays, I do not care at all about this, nor do I assign meaning to them. But they still happen(only with 1111). Sometimes it baffles me how they popup from unexpected places. Like a stock footage used in some YouTube video I am watching, some advertisement, etc. 

I think it is just a sign that some or many of your internal processes are aligned with each other or something.

Edited by Swarnim