Gabith

No free will, everything is just happening

38 posts in this topic

So I'm starting to really realize that there is no free-will and everything that's happening is happening and it can't be otherwise because it is.
It's like life is a movie, we're seeing the movie with the illusion that we have control.

Now that I know that, how to deal with it ?
I've thought about:

- loving what arises, being gentle and more loving with myself whatever happens.
- learning to let go more & more
- stopping overthinking (should, if, could, regrets...)
- enjoying whatever arises, living in joy, cultivating gratitude...

But it's quite new for me, I've lived 28 years believing that I had control over my life & my actions.
If you have something to share about this I'm all open! How do you deal with this ?
What did you change when you realized that there is no such thing as free-will and that life is like a movie ?

Edited by Gabith

0. There is free will.

1. Everything is just happening.

2. There is free will & everything is just happening are just thinking.

Find the source of thinking a.k.a. "who am I?" ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

10 hours ago, Gabith said:

How is there free will ?

Look at the sky... does the sky believe in free will or absence of it? Be like the sky. For that investigate the direct experience, find the source of self-referential thinking.

These are all very good&solid points ???You are definitely going in the right direction with this:???

- loving what arises, being gentle and more loving with myself whatever happens.
- learning to let go more & more
- stopping overthinking (should, if, could, regrets...)
- enjoying whatever arises, living in joy, cultivating gratitude...

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

The mindtwisted part is that there is free will and simultanously is not

This is way to profound to grasp with the mind and it does not make sense, but at the same time you can grasp it with the mind too haha ?

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

If there isn't free will, how can we have an unfettered decision-making process to find out whether we believe in free will or not? How can we know anything if our thoughts are pre-determined and out of control? We'll never know if free will doesn't exist, only if it does :S

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

It's only your opinion dude, there is free will. 

Singer

14™

How is there free will? Accepting full responsibility for oneself and accepting the totallity of God's thought, you become God, it is the awakening process, and then true free will happens. Even events can be moved by own will, but only if one trancends the old ways and patterns and open up to the eternal discovery. 

Cannot be explained, is the same thing as waking up, not only to other reality, to THE REALITY as it is. And you will be able to sense what people really are and the environment, and this happens on daily basis. If is only a glimpse of what God is, a trip, etc, there is no free will. 

Singer

14™

Naming and labeling as saying “everything “ is a free will. 

When there is no you, no more everything, happening or free will. 

@Gabith you might begin to realize there's nothing to do. 

You are already being you without trying to. 

Any attempt to change what is simply occurring is just more 'what is occurring'. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

You have free will to believe there is no free Will. You have no free will to think that you have free will to believe that there is no free Will. 

Ahhhhh Hahaha

I always think about how little free will I have when I think about how much I'm influenced by my environment and my upbringing, etc. and that my thoughts and actions are literally all the result of what I experienced, that's it. And how I have no control over what I experience. Because even when I get self-referential with asking about my Free will, that was itself incited by my experience. 

Free will and no free will is a duality. It doesn't exist, yet appears to exist. (Like every duality) It's like trying to draw the line between something. A very fun deconstruction exercise to contemplate. Probably. 

Just my thoughts :P

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

There is no free will. When we reflect it is like an AI checking it's code. 

accept no free will and be a doormat tomorrow!

congratulation on changing the brain program! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

14 hours ago, Gabith said:

Now that I know that, how to deal with it ?

When an I knows a that, that (whatever it is) can not therefore, be me. But that’s you too. Notice how freely you deny yourself. How much more free you gotta be lol? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

So there is freedom, but no-one has it. It's God's will not my will. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

20 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Gabith you might begin to realize there's nothing to do. 

You are already being you without trying to. 

Any attempt to change what is simply occurring is just more 'what is occurring'. 

^^ In exactly this way, the question of whether or not there is free will is utterly masturbatory.

One thing I have been thinking about is.. if we don't have free will, then why is it sometimes super difficult to make a decision? I'm not sure what the english word for it is, maybe "decision anxiety"? And even decidophobia exists.

So why would that stuff exist without free will.

Edited by Blackhawk

But the free will debate is pretty much pointless. Because 1: it very much feels like we do have free will, no matter which conclusion we make about the subject. And 2: because it's impossible to know for sure whether we have free will or not. You can only believe that we have or don't have it. And you can believe that you know whether we have it or not.

Edited by Blackhawk