7thLetter

People don't seem to understand that Leo is just a blunt person

31 posts in this topic

This is just a thread to appreciate Leo's demeanor. It's clear to me that Leo is just very blunt and it seems to me that most people don't fully understand or recognize this about him.

Being a member of the forum, I sometimes see people complain about how Leo is too serious in his videos and/or on the forums.

I've also seen others talk about how Leo has a fragile ego saying things like, "He's quick to criticize others but he himself doesn't like being criticized." I was curious as to why this one person said this and the only thing Leo said to him was, "Your epistemology is sloppy." In response to this, from what I remember this individual was somewhat freaking out about it.

Here's another clear example of Leo being blunt taken from a forum post:

"Why you sleeping with such deluded girls? You enjoy torturing yourself?

The correct move was to dump her as soon as you found out she was a fundamentalist Christian. This is a disease of the mind that you will never be able to cure."

To me I find this to be hilarious, but it is quite blunt and I can see why some people might find this offensive. One guy on the thread responded to this suggesting that Leo might've just been projecting his own delusions.

There's another instance where Leo's views on religion triggered someone to say that Leo is acting out of a place of ego but I won't get into it, you get the point.

Again this is not a thread where I'm complaining about Leo, I'm simply just shedding some light on Leo's personality because some people don't really seem to understand this about him. This is just who he is, or who I believe he is at least.

I actually resonate with this about Leo, this is what I find compelling about his demeanor & teachings. It's blunt, it's very forward and straight to the point. There's no sugar-coating, he just gives us the honest truth.

What also motivated me to write this is because I can relate. I'm quite a blunt person as well, I give people the straight up truth without any sugar-coating and they end up getting all defensive and offended, which is irritating. They take it as an attack and then they start gaslighting, deflecting, diverting attention, etc.

Over the past several years I've lived on this earth, no one really seems to truly understand the person that I am. This often just gives me a reason not to like other people to be honest. It's difficult when other people don't understand what I understand, they just have such surface-level thinking.

Anyways, this is my opinion on Leo, do you agree or disagree?

I truly find that his personality definitely suits the work that he does here and I wouldn't really want it to be any other way.

Edited by 7thLetter

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

Yeah Leo's blunt. But also a lot is lost in writing. Sometimes it's just plain old dry humour or done for effect. I myself have been triggered a few times by Leo's bluntness, but it's definitely my problem not his - I've been known to be blunt myself, I can't complain. There's a lot of fragile egos on the forum and people are surprisingly touchy if confronted directly sometimes, because there's nowhere to hide. Sometimes bluntness is bitter medicine.

All stories and explanations are false.

It's absolutely one of his best behaviors! He hits the nail right on its head. Rarely ever misses.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

1 hour ago, 7thLetter said:

What also motivated me to write this is because I can relate. I'm quite a blunt person as well, I give people the straight up truth without any sugar-coating and they end up getting all defensive and offended, which is irritating. They take it as an attack and then they start gaslighting, deflecting, diverting attention, etc.

Over the past several years I've lived on this earth, no one really seems to truly understand the person that I am. This often just gives me a reason not to like other people to be honest. It's difficult when other people don't understand what I understand, they just have such surface-level thinking.

This is not actuality, it's self protection that's doing such a bad job, it hurts. You don't need to be understood. We sometimes feel we need to be appreciated to appreciate but it's not so. 

We love bluntness when we agree, or when it's cutting through some ridiculously bulky unnecessary armor we wanted to take off anyway. We don't love it when we're not ready for that.  

Side note, I used to be a fundy Christian by the way. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Ahaha, he can be very blunt

He is just himself in the situation

He also has grace

depends on mood lol

( I don't Know Leo)

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Never had a problem with him at all.

You must recognise in all relationships, are you the student, are you the teacher, or are you of equal competence? In the context of what we're discussing on this forum, I consider myself as the student and Leo as the teacher. He's literally put in thousands of hours of work on this stuff, and I have not, who am I to debate him or tell him he is wrong?

17 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

This is not actuality, it's self protection that's doing such a bad job, it hurts. You don't need to be understood. We sometimes feel we need to be appreciated to appreciate but it's not so. 

I'm not saying that I need to be understood, I'm just saying that I'm not and that I've never been understood.

So I sort of would rather just be alone rather than deal with people who don't understand.

21 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

We love bluntness when we agree, or when it's cutting through some ridiculously bulky unnecessary armor we wanted to take off anyway. We don't love it when we're not ready for that.  

True.

21 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Side note, I used to be a fundy Christian by the way. xD

Same here, but then watching Leo's videos over the past couple years changed everything for me

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

16 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Blunt?! Seems so sweet and soft spoken to me. Weird. 

Haha xD

9 minutes ago, 7thLetter said:

Same here, but then watching Leo's videos over the past couple years changed everything for me

Fundamentalists just wanna have fun. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

He is a "tiquismiquis" how we would call it in spanish ? overall he is a good dude. 

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™

14 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@7thLetter

I just noticed how that could be taken funny, as if I actually think he’s (his videos) blunt. Not how it was meant. Very funny though. 

Objectively speaking, assuming that we all know the definition of the word "blunt" and how a blunt person behaves, I do view him as a blunt person based on how he sometimes is on the forum, and his videos too but not so much.

I do somewhat agree that he doesn't appear to be a blunt person based on how he is in his videos but I wouldn't say he's "Sweet and soft-spoken" like you just described, that's why it was funny. Comparing him to an actual sweet and soft-spoken little girl, yeah no I wouldn't say Leo is that way.

And I get it Nahm, from the posts of yours that I've read, you often seem to speak in a way that suggests you may be enlightened and all you see is the good in anyone and everything, but I'm not at that point yet I still live life in an objective physical dualistic reality. I'm just saying Leo appears to be blunt, straightforward, brutally honest, however you want to put it.

@7thLetter

I guess what came to mind was content rather than personality. When I think of blunt, I think of without concession. Jim Newman‘s content comes to mind. Leo’s content seems both razor sharp and deeply informative. Seems thoughtful, caring, or taking the time. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@7thLetter 

this is how I see Leo ...

sometimes. Despite that he's a good man. But even though Sherlock is not always right, it's unwise not to listen to him. 

Edited by charlie cho

mostly people only need a word or three to put them on track

to disagree with someone is the simplest thing in the world, you state the apparent error and move on

the wise rarely get drawn into arguments ... all arguing is stupid

leo seems highly cleansed of ego -- bravo for that

i learn a ton from his presence here

Edited by gettoefl

3 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

mostly people only need a word or three to put them on track

to disagree with someone is the simplest thing in the world, you state their error and move on

the wise rarely get drawn into arguments ... all arguing is stupid

leo seems highly cleansed of ego -- bravo for that

i learn a ton from his presence here

Yeah, I think so

and it's a forum he interacts with you for free so...

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

16 hours ago, 7thLetter said:

This is just a thread to appreciate Leo's demeanor. It's clear to me that Leo is just very blunt and it seems to me that most people don't fully understand or recognize this about him.

Being a member of the forum, I sometimes see people complain about how Leo is too serious in his videos and/or on the forums.

I've also seen others talk about how Leo has a fragile ego saying things like, "He's quick to criticize others but he himself doesn't like being criticized." I was curious as to why this one person said this and the only thing Leo said to him was, "Your epistemology is sloppy." In response to this, from what I remember this individual was somewhat freaking out about it.

Here's another clear example of Leo being blunt taken from a forum post:

"Why you sleeping with such deluded girls? You enjoy torturing yourself?

The correct move was to dump her as soon as you found out she was a fundamentalist Christian. This is a disease of the mind that you will never be able to cure."

To me I find this to be hilarious, but it is quite blunt and I can see why some people might find this offensive. One guy on the thread responded to this suggesting that Leo might've just been projecting his own delusions.

There's another instance where Leo's views on religion triggered someone to say that Leo is acting out of a place of ego but I won't get into it, you get the point.

Again this is not a thread where I'm complaining about Leo, I'm simply just shedding some light on Leo's personality because some people don't really seem to understand this about him. This is just who he is, or who I believe he is at least.

I actually resonate with this about Leo, this is what I find compelling about his demeanor & teachings. It's blunt, it's very forward and straight to the point. There's no sugar-coating, he just gives us the honest truth.

Anyways, this is my opinion on Leo, do you agree or disagree?

I truly find that his personality definitely suits the work that he does here and I wouldn't really want it to be any other way.

This behaviour is in this cases uncultivated and intellectually undemanding. And in his newest videos he doesn’t offer much insights or content you already have and are aware of. I found the only thing where he seperates himself from most people is that he can transport his inspiration throughout the videos. There is nothing special on the content and it is also not a source of dense information or dense insights. That is why the videos can become so long. 

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

I wish he could be less blunt; I try to stay off Leo's bluntness radar.