preventingdiabetes

Creator vs Consumer - What makes us happier?

28 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2021 at 3:00 AM, preventingdiabetes said:

@Nahm I want to create happiness. I want Enlightenment. But Enlightenment is just an idea in my head. I have no reference experience for it. 

Write what you want on the dreamboard. Perhaps as you experience that it does indeed manifest, your experience with reality expands so to speak, and you move along your path… life & enlightenment in unison. The happiness sought, might be found intrinsically, in the consciously creating. I’d be at a loss as to what could be more thrilling, fun & fulfilling than consciously creating. 

Also Enlightenment and meeting the need for financial freedom don't really overlap well. You can become Enlightened without financial freedom. And you can become Enlightened without a Life Purpose. But I don't really know. 

What is not two, not separate, can not overlap at all. There are thoughts about these, financial freedom, enlightenment, etc. There is also writing it on a dreamboard and not thinking about these things. Experiencing, more directly, if you will. Try to notice if enlightenment is thought to be something you could achieve or get, there is an underlying assumption it is not you, not now, not this. 

How can I recognize if this is an addiction? 

You could talk to someone like a therapist and go about it that way too. You could also consider, if playing video games (‘being a consumer’) all day isn’t settling well, isn’t satisfying… then there is more that you want than that. When that, whatever that is, arises in thought, in the mind… write it on the dreamboard. I suggest ‘that’, whatever it is, is already within you, rather than something you need to think about or figure out. 

You could also consider (and directly experience) awareness of thoughts. Noticing thoughts which are about avoiding what you don’t want… vs thoughts which are about experiencing what you do want. You could frame this up as motive (thoughts) and inspiration (feeling). This ‘opens the door’ so to speak, to emotional awareness & equanimity. One way to jumpstart that is fitness, exercise, cleaner eating. Feeling well being, vs conceptual thinking about getting enlightened, or getting enlightenment. 

“Creator vs Consumer - what makes us happier?”

In the ‘biggest picture’, maybe that just isn’t an accurate frame. Maybe ‘things’ and experience aren’t intended to make happiness happy. Maybe it’s all the icing on the cake, for Happiness. 

Though many influential people & teachers disagree… I suggest Happiness is as Esther Hicks describes… like a cork that floats when whatever is holding it down, under water, is let go. Or as Rupert Spira, Jesus, Alan Watts, and many others offer, Happiness is the true nature, what you really are. Using the emotional scale is most helpful in this regard, as one learns contentment is the result of letting expectations & conditions go, rather than something obtained or achieved… rather than a product of a doing, as if Happiness weren’t the default, the true nature, as if it were something a you has to find, get, make, or culminate. Then, from contentment, thoughts arise as to what you desire to experience, and in focusing on them, in aligning feeling & thought, you’re consciously creating, and therefore creating the experience of passion, excitement, eagerness, etc. Aka, joy. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 1/09/2021 at 2:27 AM, Nahm said:

Write what you want on the dreamboard.

@Nahm Why do I face resistance when I want to write something on the dreamboard? It doesn't make any sense to me. Why am I facing resistance in doing something that would help me achieve what I want to achieve, especially with something as simple as writing what I want on a dreamboard?

Perhaps as you experience that it does indeed manifest, your experience with reality expands so to speak, and you move along your path… life & enlightenment in unison. The happiness sought, might be found intrinsically, in the consciously creating. I’d be at a loss as to what could be more thrilling, fun & fulfilling than consciously creating. 

What do you mean by "your experience with reality expands so to speak, and you move along your path… life & enlightenment in unison." ?

Try to notice if enlightenment is thought to be something you could achieve or get, there is an underlying assumption it is not you, not now, not this. 

Yes, I agree that there is that underlying assumption. However, if I write "Enlightenment" on my dreamboard, the actions I would take to actualize that would involve consciousness work. Meaning that I want to become more aware of my true nature, not necessarily something that I want to get to.

You could talk to someone like a therapist and go about it that way too. You could also consider, if playing video games (‘being a consumer’) all day isn’t settling well, isn’t satisfying… then there is more that you want than that. When that, whatever that is, arises in thought, in the mind… write it on the dreamboard. I suggest ‘that’, whatever it is, is already within you, rather than something you need to think about or figure out. 

Yes, I can see and feel what 'that' is. But why do I face resistance in actualizing it? I don't understand this at all. Why do I face resistance in doing something I want to do?

You could frame this up as motive (thoughts) and inspiration (feeling).

Can you elaborate on the difference between these two?

suggest Happiness is as Esther Hicks describes… like a cork that floats when whatever is holding it down, under water, is let go. Or as Rupert Spira, Jesus, Alan Watts, and many others offer, Happiness is the true nature, what you really are. Using the emotional scale is most helpful in this regard, as one learns contentment is the result of letting expectations & conditions go, rather than something obtained or achieved… rather than a product of a doing, as if Happiness weren’t the default, the true nature, as if it were something a you has to find, get, make, or culminate. 

After reading this part, I was about to ask "Then what would motivate me to do anything?"

Then I read this:

Then, from contentment, thoughts arise as to what you desire to experience, and in focusing on them, in aligning feeling & thought, you’re consciously creating, and therefore creating the experience of passion, excitement, eagerness, etc. Aka, joy. 

So are you saying that whatever we desire to experience is just something that arises or just flows when conditions are let go?

For example, 'not doing anything' is still something that I'm consciously creating, and if I find that there is something out there that I desire to experience more than 'not doing anything', I simply do that?

10 hours ago, preventingdiabetes said:

Why do I face resistance when I want to write something on the dreamboard? It doesn't make any sense to me. Why am I facing resistance in doing something that would help me achieve what I want to achieve, especially with something as simple as writing what I want on a dreamboard?

Which emotion is felt?   

What do you mean by "your experience with reality expands so to speak, and you move along your path… life & enlightenment in unison." ?

You have to find out directly. 

Yes, I agree that there is that underlying assumption. However, if I write "Enlightenment" on my dreamboard, the actions I would take to actualize that would involve consciousness work. Meaning that I want to become more aware of my true nature, not necessarily something that I want to get to.

‘Becoming more aware’ is actually a letting go of misunderstandings, assumptions, beliefs, etc. Awareness can’t really become more aware’. 

Yes, I can see and feel what 'that' is. But why do I face resistance in actualizing it? I don't understand this at all. Why do I face resistance in doing something I want to do?

Which emotion is felt?   

Can you elaborate on the difference between these two?

Motive is focusing on whatever you are focused on to fundamentally avoid an undesirable outcome. Inspiration is focusing on what you want. Inspiration is aligned with source and creates, and you know this alignment by how it feels. But not by thinking about, by direct experience. 

So are you saying that whatever we desire to experience is just something that arises or just flows when conditions are let go?

Yes pretty much. 

For example, 'not doing anything' is still something that I'm consciously creating, and if I find that there is something out there that I desire to experience more than 'not doing anything', I simply do that?

Yes. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

A creator is only the natural evolution of a consumer. Someone who enjoys art very much, starts to incline towards creating that art naturally. Not only for the joy of creation, but also for the joy of understanding that creation offers, also when going back to enjoying art of other people.