Stovo

"America will hunt you down" - Joe Biden

17 posts in this topic

I just watched Biden's speech regarding the Kabul airport attacks today. I noticed he said the following: "We will not forgive. We will not forget. We will hunt you down and make you pay."

I wasn't sure what to make of it from a spiral dynamics perspective. Is he regressing down the spiral, because of the emotion of the event? It sounds very stage red to me. Or is it a healthy and appropriate use of stage red in self-defence? 

I'm a Brit, so I won't know Joe Biden as well as many Americans, but I always thought of him as more compassionate and empathetic than that... Or maybe it would just be political suicide to say on live TV: "I forgive the terrorists". 

He was probably talking about the Ham Burgler and got confused where he was and what he was addressing. 

Sounds more like some word vomit Trump would toss out to sound tough. I hope it’s only a grasp at some “good optics” because he has seen his approval slipping. Biden is wise enough not to call off the withdrawal over a few dead Marines. 

He was just being his usual self, that is all. 

At least once in a while, he gets to act big. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Stovo He is feeling some Red. You've got to have some strong Blue tendencies to be PM or President, in my opinion, at least in 2021. So the attack on his nation would be a deep wound for him.

I kind of don't believe him though. He seems too soft to me.

It's tricky to say what he should do. I think an attack on ISIS-K is the right response though. Most of America will be yearning for payback, so that will keep them sweet. Of course, we don't actually know if ISIS-K and Taliban are in bed together or not. Apparently not, at the moment. But I don't know. So things can go wrong from that perspective also.

Spiral Dynamics says the best way to confront Red is directly and firmly, for what it's worth.

that's reality boy!

there's a huge difference between letting people grow gradually out of lower stages and forcing people to stay in lower stages!

a few 3rd world countries would be relatively developed now if there weren't any external interferences...

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

If any US President said, "I love and forgive the terrorists" he would be kicked out of office.

The problem is not Biden, it's the selfish morons who he must court to stay in power.

Selfish, fearful, hateful voters cannot forgive. They want revenge. He must cater to that mob or incur its wrath.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Why does americans always make wars and pretend to be the heroes ?

Why does america created ISIS ?

@Leo Gura Where would you place Biden on the spiral? You've said a lot about Trump's ego development, but less about Biden, so I would be curious to know your thoughts. Does he basically have to act in a manner that is lower than his own ego development, in order to appeal to voters at lower stages? 

11 hours ago, PlayOnWords said:

@Stovo He is feeling some Red. You've got to have some strong Blue tendencies to be PM or President, in my opinion, at least in 2021. So the attack on his nation would be a deep wound for him.

I kind of don't believe him though. He seems too soft to me.

It's tricky to say what he should do. I think an attack on ISIS-K is the right response though. Most of America will be yearning for payback, so that will keep them sweet. Of course, we don't actually know if ISIS-K and Taliban are in bed together or not. Apparently not, at the moment. But I don't know. So things can go wrong from that perspective also.

Spiral Dynamics says the best way to confront Red is directly and firmly, for what it's worth.

@PlayOnWords Yes, I noticed when I've met red people that they will actually act very macho and intimidating, and if you don't act equally as tough back then they won't respect you. 

6 hours ago, Stovo said:

Where would you place Biden on the spiral?

He is a healthy blend of Blue, Orange, Green. He suits America perfectly. Not extreme in any direction. Which of course pisses off the extremists on both sides.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

He is a healthy blend of Blue, Orange, Green. He suits America perfectly. Not extreme in any direction. Which of course pisses off the extremists on both sides.

Would you say that the decision Biden has made, at the beginning of his presidency, to withdraw the troops from Afghanistan was a stage Yellow decision?

1 hour ago, Hardkill said:

Would you say that the decision Biden has made, at the beginning of his presidency, to withdraw the troops from Afghanistan was a stage Yellow decision?

The decision was already made by Trump.

I wouldn't classify a single decision as any particular stage. You are stretching the model beyond its limits.

People have no context. If you are just using the media you are like a tree with no roots. I think this stuff takes a lot of deep seeing

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

23 hours ago, Stovo said:

I just watched Biden's speech regarding the Kabul airport attacks today. I noticed he said the following: "We will not forgive. We will not forget. We will hunt you down and make you pay."

I wasn't sure what to make of it from a spiral dynamics perspective. Is he regressing down the spiral, because of the emotion of the event? It sounds very stage red to me. Or is it a healthy and appropriate use of stage red in self-defence? 

I'm a Brit, so I won't know Joe Biden as well as many Americans, but I always thought of him as more compassionate and empathetic than that... Or maybe it would just be political suicide to say on live TV: "I forgive the terrorists". 

He's just an idiot, Americans  will come back to Afghanistan sooner than he thinks. That's when ISIS takes hold of the country after swallowing the Taliban

On 27/08/2021 at 8:30 PM, Leo Gura said:

He suits America perfectly. Not extreme in any direction. Which of course pisses off the extremists on both sides.

You are probably right that he suits America, but to the rest of the world, especially the global south - supporting Biden makes you the extremist. That's a tough perspective to swallow for American liberals.

28 minutes ago, Stomatopod said:

You are probably right that he suits America, but to the rest of the world, especially the global south - supporting Biden makes you the extremist. That's a tough perspective to swallow for American liberals.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ojk9bg3yim7bqwsi0d