SQAAD

Ted Kaczynski Went Meta on Academia and Society

18 posts in this topic

I was watching a Netflix documentary about Ted Kazcynski where they show his only ever interview . This guy and maybe Ted Bundy has intrigued me the most out of all the serial killers. Of course i am not condoning his actions but i liked some things about him.

First all he was quite honest about his motives. He didn't try to persuade anyone that he was killing people because of some greater mission. He admitted that he just hated technocrats and wanted to get revenge on them.

ted-kaczynski.jpg

Second of all he was very connected to Nature. He said that when you spend time in Nature you don't really think about death so much. You are more present and enjoy life.

He was very dismissive of the academic game. He recognized academia and Math as a game. He didn't want to play this game. He even laughed off at a university who believed he wanted to work there as a professor for the rest of his life. (Kaczynski only worked an assistant professor for a lil time to gather up some money so he could buy land to live in the woods).

He even said this about math.

Pure mathematics is useless from a practical point of view and that's what i studied ahahahaha. A lot of people don't understand what mathematicians really do, you know? They think they sit there adding up columns of figures or something like that. But that isn't what it is. It's more like puzzle solving. 

You don't often hear people from the academic world speak negative about the game they are playing or even recognizing it as a game. He really went meta on a lot of things i believe.

This guy was one of the best people on the planet at doing Math. He could play this game and be extremely succesful at it. Instead he chose a completely different path. Leaving the murders aside, not many people would leave their professional career to live at the woods. It takes a different kind of human being to do this.

Edited by SQAAD

I always believe he was right, despite the dark actions. Shame. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Well, if I could write a letter to Ted, it would say this: you can't feasibly revert society back to a pre-technological/pre-agricultural state, so why the bombs, Ted?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

7 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

you can't feasibly revert society back to a pre-technological/pre-agricultural state, so why the bombs, Ted?

He talks about this in his manifesto. The bombs were there to gather attention.

He simply wanted his ideas to be heard. If there were no bombs, nobody would know about the ideas of a guy who lived quietly in the mountains of Montana. 

Although Ted was very intelligent, he did not go meta enough. He created a shadow out of the technological revolution, and instead of seeing it as a necessary evolution in the progression of humanity, he wanted to regress to earlier and better days. 

Not only does Ted Kuzinscki gets his 'meta' anaylsis wrong (not understanding the developmental and dialectical aspects of society), but is fundamentally mistaken about the solutions to the problems of Modernity.

Regressing to an earlier anarcho-primativism is a non-starter for a planet will close to 8 billion people on it.

Solving the problems caused by Modernity is only accomplished at the next level of development, rather than regressing to an earlier era.

Going Meta isn't actually a benefit if you manage to get your analysis at that level very wrong...

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

6 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

He talks about this in his manifesto. The bombs were there to gather attention.

He simply wanted his ideas to be heard. If there were no bombs, nobody would know about the ideas of a guy who lived quietly in the mountains of Montana. 

Although Ted was very intelligent, he did not go meta enough. He created a shadow out of the technological revolution, and instead of seeing it as a necessary evolution in the progression of humanity, he wanted to regress to earlier and better days. 

The ultimate meta is understanding that nature it's still perfect as it is without artificial man-made technology.

9 hours ago, Shawn Philips said:

The ultimate meta is understanding that nature it's still perfect as it is without artificial man-made technology.

The meta understanding to that is that artificial man-made technology is also perfect as it is.

@Carl-Richard

On 28/8/2021 at 7:16 AM, Carl-Richard said:

Well, if I could write a letter to Ted, it would say this: you can't feasibly revert society back to a pre-technological/pre-agricultural state, so why the bombs, Ted?

I think he already knew that. He just wanted to get some revenge and something to work for. It took him over 7 years of continuous work to fianlly create a good enough bomb to kill people.

@impulse9

On 29/8/2021 at 3:34 PM, impulse9 said:

Stop glorifying this fucking retard.

I am not glorifying him. He is a special case that needs to be mentioned.

28 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@Carl-Richard

I think he already knew that. He just wanted to get some revenge and something to work for. It took him over 7 years of continuous work to fianlly create a good enough bomb to kill people.

which is stupid and evil.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Psycho who contributed nothing of value to society. Even by his own standards he didn't accomplish shit, he just created more suffering. He doesn't deserve any attention whatsoever.

Let's say Ted was your roommate and he figures out that the apartment will probably deterioate in a couple hundred years and that his incredible genius got him to conclude that it's incredibly unlikely that we'll ever be able to fix the house. His solution is to burn down the house (anarcho-primitivism) and kill his roommates (who disagrees with his ideas) so that he can live in a tent alone. That is how deluded this guy is. Megalomaniacal ideas and anti-social behavior is a really bad mix. If you believe you have all the answers and nobody is listening, at least don't make a plan that includes killing people. That is an obscenely narcissistic evaluation of your own mind and biases.

Edited by Carl-Richard

I actually take my two days to read his manifesto. His critique about technology and future of society is spot on. But he is very naive on nature. Nature doesn't give a fuck about us or dinosaurs or microbes or what we done to her. I hope he is still learning.

11 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

His solution is to burn down the house 

and our solution is prison or death penalty. Ted is not the first or last. Teds are everywhere.

15 hours ago, impulse9 said:

Psycho who contributed nothing of value to society.

So something is good only if gives you something? How narrow definition of the good. 

Take the time to read what he wrote. You will find many insights into his thoughts... 

People like Ted are trying to announce something to society. 

The technological revolution will change the definition of what it means to be human.

Ted was just trying to protect this humanness. 

8 hours ago, Sucuk Ekmek said:

and our solution is prison or death penalty. Ted is not the first or last. Teds are everywhere.

Yeah, but imagine having no prison system at all. Be careful with what you light on fire.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Yeah, but imagine having no prison system at all. Be careful with what you light on fire.

Let me imagine, very rich people have no prison system at all and it works for them. At least it works for one  very little socioeconomic group. That's something huh.

No matter how much anyone tries to resist change, cultures will develop to higher stages, even if it means humanity undergoes trans humanism.