taotemu

What does enlightenment look like?

25 posts in this topic

On 26.8.2021 at 3:26 PM, taotemu said:

How does enlightenment / self-realization manifest in the finite human perspective?  How can we determine if someone is enlightened or not from the "outside"?  How do we know if a guru or master is enlightened or not?

The words they use?  How they live?  What they do?

How do you open and close your hand?

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

If you’re apparently coming from separation, when the body interacts with others, all you can see is other beings. If you’re coming from enlightenment / no perspective, there are no other beings (of a nature different from “yours”) — there’s only the true nature, which is beauty; love; understanding, yet ordinary. Lack of judgement will likely be prominent. What else? Absolutely anything it seems.

Edited by The0Self

@taotemu

On 26/08/2021 at 2:26 PM, taotemu said:

How does enlightenment / self-realization manifest in the finite human perspective?  How can we determine if someone is enlightened or not from the "outside"?  How do we know if a guru or master is enlightened or not?

The words they use?  How they live?  What they do?

Very dark purple, and very round.

On 8/26/2021 at 8:33 AM, SriSriJustinBieber said:

You can see it in their eyes

I have noticed this as well. Only twice– and one was teal swan haha– but there is something deep I can see in their eyes that I can't explain. If I were to explain it, I would call it nothingness. But this one guy I have seen it in is not consciously 'awake' or 'enlightened'– just has taken a shit ton of psychedelics. I tried to help him realize his essential nature because he is struggling, suffering even. Yet, I see nothingness deep within his eyes???  

Btw, I love that you refer to it as the causal body. Oh, and this quote below is just perfect. Absolutely beautiful.  

On 8/26/2021 at 8:33 AM, SriSriJustinBieber said:

And therefore who is a good teacher? A teacher is someone who appears to have valuable stuff to teach, regardless of their own journey.

Edited by Gianna