Guest Tobia

Covid Policies: Refusal to apply Cost-Benefit Analysis

28 posts in this topic

People have become obsessed not only with the "saving lives" argument but extrenely unwilling to consider any cost of the measures.

As I am moving to Miami from europe I would argue that people in Florida will survive the pandemic much better in the long term: small businesses have not failed, children have not been destroyed psychologically, extreme isolation and depression are lower, life has continued.  Survival is not just about surviving covid19.

Not only that, but labels like "covid denial" or "antimask" are used in malicious and childish ways to discredit anyone who considers the consequences of the authoritarian policies.

Glenn Greenwald did a great job:

If you actually cared about cost-benefit analysis you would force everyone to take the vaccine and wear masks and do strict contact tracing.

The cost that anti-vaxx has done to the world economy is incalculable.

Glen Greenwald has turned dumb.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Leo in advocating for mass human slavery, you will find yourself having to face accountability for it. Also by spitting On chris you are actually doing yourself a great disservice, rather than being humble and seeking to learn from him. You whine on about how Sam Harris and others will never debate you, well lets be honest Leo you can lie and dodge this all you want but YOU WILL NEVER DEBATE OR HAVE A DISCUSSIION WITH CHRIS nor will you make a video on him, why? We KNOW why because you would be utterly destroyed and you KNOW it, you'll just keep throwing snide dismals at him from the sidelines not engage substantially. Humble yourself asap or the human race will be enslaved and the bulk of it destroyed. MARK MY WORDS.

Edited by lardplanet

Leo how do you know that masks are working aganist a particular single virus? Meanwhile they are already in microbiome. Dogs are sniffing eachothers ass for a reason :) You americans always think something in terms of pro or anti. 

15 minutes ago, lardplanet said:

@Leo Gura Leo in advocating for mass human slavery, you will find yourself having to face accountability for it. 

History is full of examples of highly conscious people being "punished" by low conscious people, so that wouldn't exactly be surprising.  

3 minutes ago, Stovo said:

History is full of examples of highly conscious people being "punished" by low conscious people, so that wouldn't exactly be surprising.  

@Stovo Highly conscious people seek to elevate the conscious of others not keep them enslaved to psycopathic government control freaks and oligarchs, unwittingly that is what Leo is doing and ironically he is not "conscious" that he is doing it.

Cost: millions of people around the world die to a very non-lethal and veeeeeeeery contagious virus.

Benefit: I can live my life how I want and not give a fuck.

OR

I could give a fuck if I wanted.

That’s freedom. And freedom ain’t free.

Freedom is not global communism, the world is headed for global communism, wake the hell up already before it's too dam late.

29 minutes ago, lardplanet said:

Freedom is not global communism, the world is headed for global communism, wake the hell up already before it's too dam late.

What would it be like in global communism? 

6 hours ago, Tobia said:

Survival is not just about surviving covid19.

True, which is why you would want to vaccinate the entire population so that we have enough hospital beds for people who need it.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

The vaccine should be non-mandatory for Darwinian reasons. The end. Also, I just moved out of Florida because Florida sucks.

@Carl-Richard

Here in Munich people who are vaccinated are filling up the hospitals... I have friends working there. 

Do you really think people who get vaccinated can't get sick anymore? The vaccine hardly changes anything... It's all just wishful thinking that the vaccine will safe us all. 

But it's all for the higher good right? 

42 minutes ago, BadHippie said:

Here in Munich people who are vaccinated are filling up the hospitals... I have friends working there. 

You are exaggerating. xD

1 hour ago, BadHippie said:

@Carl-Richard

When I say "fill up the hospitals", I mean it's literally full. Also, you should expect more vaccinated people to be hospitalized as more people get vaccinated. That is just how statistics work.

1 hour ago, BadHippie said:

Do you really think people who get vaccinated can't get sick anymore? The vaccine hardly changes anything... It's all just wishful thinking that the vaccine will safe us all. 

But it's all for the higher good right? 

Nobody is saying that. They get less sick both in frequency and in severity than non-vaccinated by a factor of 10. That is incredible effectiveness and important to keep in mind if you want a functional health care system.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

7 hours ago, lardplanet said:

@Leo Gura Leo in advocating for mass human slavery, you will find yourself having to face accountability for it. Also by spitting On chris you are actually doing yourself a great disservice, rather than being humble and seeking to learn from him. You whine on about how Sam Harris and others will never debate you, well lets be honest Leo you can lie and dodge this all you want but YOU WILL NEVER DEBATE OR HAVE A DISCUSSIION WITH CHRIS nor will you make a video on him, why? We KNOW why because you would be utterly destroyed and you KNOW it, you'll just keep throwing snide dismals at him from the sidelines not engage substantially. Humble yourself asap or the human race will be enslaved and the bulk of it destroyed. MARK MY WORDS.

Chris Langan is not awake. Stop fooling yourself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, lardplanet said:

@lardplanet well, here is the fact: nobody is immune to self-deception including me, you and leo! 

lower the expectation towards him and other people and still think independently for yourself and get outside of the matrix that is trying to enslave you!

Edited by hamedsf

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@Leo Gura That's a really substantial response, as usual, snide dismissal with no weight and the implicit admission of capitulation to his authority by refusing to acknowledge it with any engagement. God will break you of your pride before the year is done, do not say you weren't made aware of it because that would be a lie.