Endangered-EGO

No self in front of the mirror.

34 posts in this topic

@Nos7algiK That means that by your prediction. If I stay in front of the mirror again starting with the intention of "getting there" again.even after 10 hours this will not happen?

I'm going to try it either way, so just clarify if the issue is the wanting, or the method.

@Nos7algiK My point is the "wanting" stops by doing the method for a prolonged time. So why does it matter if I do it or not with the intention of getting there again if the intention stops.

One more question: What's the alternative? Stop the search?

5 minutes ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@Nos7algiK My point is the "wanting" stops by doing the method for a prolonged time. So why does it matter if I do it or not with the intention of getting there again if the intention stops.

The wanting stopped because you "did" the method and I will assume it took you by surprise when you experienced the no self. Now you have that experience in memory there is an added layer to your mirror method that could interrupt a potential new experience. 

One more question: What's the alternative? Stop the search?

In my opinion, yes. The answers or experiences you seek are found by not looking. Specially since you've had prior experiences before.

Edited by Nos7algiK

@Nos7algiK Okay, let's say I take a chair and just sit in front of the mirror and "rest" my awareness. Just letting it do whatever it feels attracted to do.

This is surrender, not Meditation and not anti-meditation.

Is this what you're pointing towards?

1 hour ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@Nos7algiK Okay, let's say I take a chair and just sit in front of the mirror and "rest" my awareness. Just letting it do whatever it feels attracted to do.

This is surrender, not Meditation and not anti-meditation.

Is this what you're pointing towards?

I would still say that is doing something and not surrendering. Surrender would imply you just live out your daily life without thinking about the self or doing exercises, regardless of how you perceive the actions or lack of action within the exercise itself. 

I can't point to what I'm taking about because that's not the point.

Though if you did sit and rest as you are saying you may replicate what you seek. But, what do you wish to gain from it? The more "no self" experiences infront of the mirror you have, the more your mind will relate no self to the mirror. Potentially making it more difficult to flow with no self during your day to day activities. 

Edited by Nos7algiK

1 hour ago, Endangered-EGO said:

The "there's no you to awaken" is not helping people who had glimpses. This is only helping people who don't know there's a conceptual self and a higher/no self.

@Endangered-EGO

You came to us for help and now you claim to know what will work? Your cockyness clouds your ability to recognize that you too do not have a full understanding of the duality between the conceptions and the higher self.

What @Nos7algiK is saying is quite similar to what I am saying.

@Nos7algiK So no practice at all? What should I do if I have time?

@mw711 Well he's articulate and has good pointers, maybe we can both learn from him i guess.

@Nos7algiK So no practice at all? What should I do if I have time?

I'm not sure if I can answer this question. It's not for me to say what someone should do when it comes to personal development work as a clear pathway to understanding. Meditation is great and so are some practices, but it's very possible to make your everyday life a form of mediation by surrendering to the experiences that naturally arise. By seeking all things come full circle, but this is just the ego confirming itself. By releasing this seeking, or rather should I say understanding that all the knowledge you gain is perishable, formless, and the "truth" can change the circle changes into an inward spiral. There is a great mystery here, for if there wasn't it would once again bring you full circle. Though, sometimes we need the practices to realize how important faith truly is. But, do whatever you feel comfortable with. Just attempt to drop the need or any strong desire to do these practices and do them because they feel like the right thing to do at the moment. No expectations. Doing the thing(practice) is the goal and any perceived changes or "accomplishments" within the thing is equally the goal.

"Ever desireless, one can see the mystery.
Ever desiring, one can see the manifestations.
These two spring from the same source but differ in name;
this appears as darkness.
Darkness within darkness.
The gate to all mystery."

~Tao Te Ching - Chapter 1

@Endangered-EGO Who is trying to have this experience ?

What makes up this sense of "I" ?

What does it consist of ?

Take a REAL close look.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

7 hours ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@James12345 So I guess I'll just stay in front of the mirror, and there's nothing else to do.

You can sit in front of the mirror, and see when you think, is there anything happens in your so called head? Any thinker there? Till you realize there is no such a thing as thought or thinking. 

7 hours ago, Nos7algiK said:

Don't reflect, for it creates the divide.

^^ This.