Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fopylo

I've been feeling lately trippy after meditation

12 posts in this topic

Lately I've been making lot's of progress with my meditation, and I've become more and more authentic, sometimes too much that it drives me crazy. After 1 hour, even 30 minutes of Do Nothing I feel trippy.

Should I keep at the meditation practice, or should I give myself a break?

Listen to your body, doing some Qigong could help balance out your system

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

31 minutes ago, fopylo said:

Should I keep at the meditation practice, or should I give myself a break?

That's something you've got to figure out for yourself, I'm afraid! As a general rule, if I'm in two minds about whether I should continue my practice or not, I carry on with it; other times you just know when you need to ease up, but you'll figure it out as you go along. I'd echo the advice of @Thought Art to listen to your body, that's very solid advice I'd say - might take a bit of practice if you're not in the habit of listening to what your body's telling you, but it gets easier the more in tune with it you are.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

Qigong is standing meditation. My opinion is, you can have Qigong type awakenings in the body, nervous system and organs that you can not gain through psychedelics or simply sitting meditation. 

Also,  side note once you are able to sit for 30 minutes to an hour you can also begin doing things like body scans, inner smile etc which is exciting. I think once you are comfortable with sit and do nothing meditation a bunch of new practices are open you to

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art

2 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Qigong is standing meditation. My opinion is, you can have Qigong type awakenings in the body, nervous system and organs that you can not gain through psychedelics or simply sitting meditation. 

Also,  side note once you are able to sit for 30 minutes to an hour you can also begin doing things like body scans, inner smile etc which is exciting. I think once you are comfortable with sit and do nothing meditation a bunch of new practices are open you to

Yeah, I'll try those sometimes when I have time.

But I think I need to ease up a bit. I am sometimes feeling overwhelmingly free that if I continue for long enough, I might get into this psychosis state Frank Yang is at

@fopylo Important to listen to yourself, maybe talk therapy or journaling is called for as well. I personally think Qigong is very grounding as it will help your nervous system regulate the higher state you are now in.

◭"89"

Meditation practice is supposed to help you to notice that life is a magic & you are the trippin' balls all the time. :x

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

13 hours ago, allislove said:

Meditation practice is supposed to help you to notice that life is a magic & you are the trippin' balls all the time. :x

Das it mayne ?❤️

What type of meditation are you practicing?

Of course, it is reasonable to feel trippy after practicing meditation/contemplation/mindfulness/self-inquiry. This is because the practice effects the mind and how you solidify perceptions with it. The practice may cause "loosening" of illusory ways of looking that the mind concocted over time because of programming, past experience, thinking and what not.

Trippy is good, now grounding follows. Look at the clouds and let it rain. ?

Singer

14™

3 hours ago, Consilience said:

Das it mayne ?❤️

^_^^_^^_^

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x