charlie cho

My absolute hatred for sensory types xSTJs, xSFJs over intuitive

19 posts in this topic

My father was a sensory type. Prove it before you tell me. Always have to be proved to a fault. He's a business CEO for a cement company. I'm 21 years old and he always had his ideals and values imposed upon me. 

I've studied personality types and I've seen that Confucius was an ISTJ type. I realized right there and then why Confucius was so Earth based, not Heavens based in his teachings. He would never talk about death. 

I had many problems with STJ types in my life. I'm an ENTJ, and ESTJs tend to go for social status to impose their own right and wrong, morality, and sense of duty. They had no sense of malleability or desire to revolutionize anything. They were structure based for the sake of it, not for the sake of a higher dream or purpose. I've heard the difference between ESTJ and ENTJ types is that ESTJs make great managers while ENTJs make great entrepreneurs. 

This lack of malleability from ESTJs disturbs me and their constant routine based just for the sake of it makes me want to scream. 

How do we deal with sensory types, especially if it is a parent? If it is a coworker? I go along with NFPs, NTPs (emotionally, they piss me off, but whatever, they're good coworkers), NFJs, or NTJ types (INTJs or ENTJs can be scary even for me sometimes, and it's a bit difficult to work with, but since effectiveness is my goal, I like them a bit)

I don't try to personally attack anyone in the STJ category. Please, I do see the value of STJs, STPs in society. They make good government workers, beaurachratic entity workers.... etc. We need them no doubt. I simply wanted to ask my question. 

Edited by charlie cho

Make them your dutious wage slaves ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Make them your dutious wage slaves ;)

xD

2 hours ago, charlie cho said:

This lack of malleability from ESTJs disturbs me and their constant routine based just for the sake of it makes me want to scream. 

Be a better ENTJ then. Innovate a way or be malleable enough to accept that ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, charlie cho said:

Genius

On a more serious note, I used to be completely inflexible in dealing with people different than me, but I sort of grew out of it. Of course I wouldn't be the same person today without meditation, but I think age is an important component as well. 

Edited by Carl-Richard

26 minutes ago, charlie cho said:

@diamondpenguin sorry, in what way have I answered your question?

Hint hint: (he wants you to answer his question) ;)

@diamondpenguin My all time best friend was an ENFJ. The profile pic of mine is an emperor is an ENFJ, we mostly believe. INFJ seems to be the introverted one. 

ENFJs make a different taste of leader than an ENTJ. While ENTJs are focused on efficiency and creativity and execution, ENFJs are focused on harmony, self-expression, and inspiration from their subordinates, in which ENTJs lack. ENTJs find it hard to be liked as much as ENFJs. My friend would always outshine me in school because even though many knew I was much smarter and efficient and a good team builder, they gravitated and wanted to be with my ENFJ friend because he was indeed truly nice, comfortable, loveable, and awe-inspiring, in which I lacked apparently.

The emperor, Liu Bei, on my profile pic was an ENFJ. His greatest rivalry was an ENTJ, Cao Cao. Cao Cao was the only one to recognize the heroism that Liu Bei had even when he was a struggling general holding a few thousand troops. "There are only two heroes in this realm of China, and it is you and I,' he said. Liu Bei was so great at inspiring and making people love him that even if he wasn't as efficient or talented as Cao Cao, his talent of inspiring and caring for others had him attract great talents to work for him. Cao Cao never had the talent under his wing as good as Liu Bei. 

INFJs seem to be more like Gandalf. The wise good man behind the scenes who enjoys mentoring the hero to go on the adventure. I think they make tremendous mentors, in my view. INFP, ENFPs make great enlightened masters. But INFJs are a bit different that they have a judging function which means they have a controlling mind, subtlety. So they are the ultimate quiet entrepreneur who would never show himself on the stage, like never... they will always be deferring even to their disciples. Gandalf always defers to Aragorn's apparent recklessness sometimes. 

INFJs are like Phil Jackson types. Phil Jackson has a way of being quiet, never showing any force at all, but their force is apparent in a way that it runs deep. Michael Jordan and Kobe were alphas no doubt, but Phil Jackson in some way controlled those two players to be the best they can be. I have no doubt in my mind if it wasn't for Phil Jackson, Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan would not have existed. Hence, I speak of INFJs as subtly great leaders without ever being perceived as leaders at all, and they don't care to be, which is a very admirable trait, in which ENTJs or ESTJs do not have. ENTJs and ESTJs fall into the trap of wanting to assert their dominance and power to others, which is often something that will come back and bite them if they become arrogant and greedy. Subtle form of power, whether it is for good or for greed, is always more powerful, if you know what I mean, and INFJs or INTJs are masters at this. 

INTJs mirror the ENTJs

INFJs mirror the ENFJs. 

INTJs and ENTJs focus on effectiveness and productivity in their vision.

INFJs and ENFJs are more people oriented and want to make people emotionally happy. They are great at this. 

INTJs and INFJs will do each of those two subtly and behind the scenes. 

Edited by charlie cho

@charlie cho INFJ is not necessarily a hidden door actor. They just don't like full attention, rather distributed even to evaluate and weigh in people's psychology as much as possible.

Also because they can be highly sensitive and self judgmental.

They like to create a good intuitive overview of the dynamic of their evironment.

Edited by Windappreciator

As apparently an INxx, I kind of agree. lol. xSxx's are a little harder for intuitive types to get along with, it seems. Don't really know about now, but in the past, yeah I've noted this.

@The0Self the only sensory types i get along with maybe..... esfps

esfps they can be weird and obnoxious. But if they just have their shit together i enjoy them and love them too. 

For example, dmitri fyodorovich in brothers karamazov was one esfp. Zack, the character thats written below in my description, he was an esfp. Esfp what i do like about them is that they dont work for ambition with their sensory. They use their sensory type for peoples emotional needs not material needs. And sensory types can absolutely help people emotionally for sure. 

But with other things. When sensory types try to work on something an achievement or goal, they literally have no intuition and takes things as face value... reading between the lines seem fake to them. Their interpretation of how reading between the lines is fake makes me .... not so happy. Im sure mature sensory types are not this way. And im sure even mature intuitive types will value sensory information too.... but still ..... its hard to be with them

You say : "how do I deal with xSTJs, or sensors in general ?"

Your question is less than optimal. Would the question not be : "how do I deal with my frustration when I am interacting with sensors ?" ?

And therefore, the question resolves itself because basically what you say is : "Sensors are teaching me to deal with my lower Fi, but I want to remain as I am. I don't want to become more and more and more flexible for the sake of dealing with stupid people. I don't want to grow."

Be mindful. Find out what they are teaching you. Ask yourself the question "what are they teaching me to be" like a mantra each time you interact with them, and especially when it is frustrating.

Laozi says :

"Nothing in the world
is as soft and yielding as water.
Yet for dissolving the hard and inflexible,
nothing can surpass it.

The soft overcomes the hard;
the gentle overcomes the rigid.
Everyone knows this is true,
but few can put it into practice."

I hope this helps (:

1 hour ago, SriSriJustinBieber said:

And therefore, the question resolves itself because basically what you say is : "Sensors are teaching me to deal with my lower Fi, but I want to remain as I am. I don't want to become more and more and more flexible for the sake of dealing with stupid people. I don't want to grow."

I get your gist and I understand it well. But what do you mean by sensors are teaching me to deal with lower Fi? What does my introverted feeling got to do with sensors? What do you mean that sensors are teaching me to deal with stupid people? Are you implying sensors are somewhat more stupid than intuitive? 

hmmmm....... maybe? .... I have no idea. It's hard to see myself say such a thing that far. Although it's quite minute, I do like to believe there has to be some very intelligent sensor types. However, it is true for all the ones that I admired for their intelligence, they were 90% intuitive types. Other 10% were sports players that I admired most. Michael Jordan and Kobe allen iverson were ISTPs and ISFP

1 hour ago, SriSriJustinBieber said:

lao zi says :

"Nothing in the world
is as soft and yielding as water.
Yet for dissolving the hard and inflexible,
nothing can surpass it.

The soft overcomes the hard;
the gentle overcomes the rigid.
Everyone knows this is true,
but few can put it into practice."

I hope this helps (:

I agree. I cannot tolerate lethargic stupidity and malicious behavior. I can be very grandeur even for people who at least attempt to become competent in what they do, or unwise people who attempts to be wise, but anyone who doesn't even try, they are like garbage in my eyes because they don't even try. 

Yet, I see how Lao Tzu would be very disappointed with me of thinking that and I've been trying to solve this judgmental attitude for some while, for at least 4 years, but I still find it hard.

the Sensory types seem to be one of my last straws. It really is. 

@Windappreciator I think many of my best mentors had been INFJs. They were highly theoretical and wasn't very practical in a way haha, but they were highly proficient in advising others how to be practical hahahaha, when they themselves weren't achieving them. 

Like Phil Jackson was never a good basketball player. But how damned good he was with coaching. Like a monster. People don't understand the genius of him. People think Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant were alphas. I would say they dominated that perceived alpha style, but behind the scenes Phil understood what true leadership was. 

Edited by charlie cho