unborn_chicken

Leo, what are your views on abortion?

61 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Are you not okay with men digging up and eating the corpses of children? Well, you sho

Having an abortion is a medical procedure. Women seeking abortion need the help of a medical team. If you don’t trust women at lest you would trust the medical team. These are not wild monsters digging up children’s corpses

As I said, abortion is a medical procedure, an each case is different. Each woman inserts their individual values and take their decision based on that. We will never agree because each person has a different set of values and those are the ones you should used when and if you’re in need of an abortion. Most people are not murderers or baby corpses eaters, the courts, in their wisdom, understood this and the complexity of each case and with Roe v. Wade they declared abortion a medical procedure and gave women the privacy to make their own decisions. 

With this law the united stated have avoided horror cases like the one that happen not too long ago in Argentina when a raped 12 year old girl couldn't get an abortion because of their strict abortion laws. What if by being a child she noticed it too late and now she can't have a late-term abortion. 

let’s ask ourselves why we want to impose our own views an values on other people, when each individual case is unbelievably complex and nuanced, and everyone has a different story. 

Edited by Jennjenn

10 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I wouldn't. I would want to know a legit reason as to why an abortion is necessitated, if a woman is not ready to be a mother for various reasons, it is still understandable. 

I'm not too dogmatic, in the sense, I'm not hell bent on preventing an abortion. 

Yet, I wouldn't want women just wanting to abort simply because they got pregnant. 

In the beginning stages, it is still understandable. But a late term would be a question of morality since the fetus is quite developed at this stage.. 

I still see it as killing. Sometimes killing can be for good reasons as in killing for self defense. 

Yet when it comes to abortion i find such killing ruthless to motherhood if there isn't a valid reason for it. 

Sometimes we cannot make decisions based on simplistic doctrine based logical morality. 

We have to place our hand on our chest and see if what we're doing really feels right or not intuitively or psychically. 

I use psychic reasoning, nothing to do with religion. 

So when I say I don't like abortion, it is not due to religion. 

I psychically feel as a woman that abortion must hurt a woman's heart. 

When a woman becomes a mother, she must feel something within her. Funny how men are supposed to decide how a woman feels as a woman. 

This would be akin to me dictating how a man feels when he becomes a father. Can I really?? 

My womanly Intuition tells me that the feminine in me finds abortion cruel.

Yet I'm open minded enough to consider situations where women feel free to abort due to legit reasons 

Otherwise it really appears insane, cruel, unwomanly, ruthless and so not how an expectant mother should feel. 

Who puts this toxic wasteful ideas into a woman's head? 

Just out of interest do you think it would be better for a women to have a child that is incapable of raising the child and thus causing a lot of suffering / trauma / abuse or aborting the child at an early stage?

3 minutes ago, Alex M said:

Just out of interest do you think it would be better for a women to have a child that is incapable of raising the child and thus causing a lot of suffering / trauma / abuse or aborting the child at an early stage?

I would want her to abort. But there are options like giving up for adoption that she might want to consider. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

7 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I would want her to abort. But there are options like giving up for adoption that she might want to consider. 

Yes I understand it's a very tricky subject for sure. Reproducing is a very easy thing to do, any idiot can do it. But raising children is difficult. I see an awful lot of people (both men and women) that bring children into this world and the child suffers greatly. Because the parents are not cognitively capable of bringing up a child, so they abuse, beat and inflict trauma and the child suffers. When that child grows up the cycle will (not always) be a large proportion of the time repeat the same cycle of suffering. Because the child doesn't know any different.

4 hours ago, Preety_India said:

@Enlighten yes females are hated in our country. Female abortion is the most common thing in my country. 

Why is this?

26 minutes ago, Alex M said:

Why is this?

They think the male child is more important. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

33 minutes ago, Alex M said:

Why is this?

Because male are better and more intelligent than women... 

Just joking, maybe practical reasons (males more capable of hard physical labor)? Just speculating.. 

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

12 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

They think the male child is more important. 

Is this a cultural thing? or are males seen as a monetary gain over females?

1 hour ago, Alex M said:

Is this a cultural thing? or are males seen as a monetary gain over females?

Selective abortions are mostly due to patriarchy, cultural traditions and money, very common in China and India. 
In India parents need to pay the dowry (money) when their daughters marry. This can become a heavy financial toll for the family. 
this documentary is excellent for understanding this phenomenon 

6 hours ago, Jennjenn said:

let’s ask ourselves why we want to impose our own views an values on other peop

Because the question is not just about you. It's about an other life. No one cares what you do with your own life.

It's more than "just another medical procedure." It's different in kind.

When you classify it as "just another medical procedure" that is you imposing your value system on others.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Can't say I'm anti-abortion, but I feel as though we need to do all we can to make it a last resort effort in handling unwanted pregnancies. 

Things like funding sex ed, wide distribution of contraceptives, harsh penalties for sex abusers, increasing child care programs for working mothers and revamping the foster care system are all decent measures.

Edited by Terell Kirby

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

When you classify it as "just another medical procedure" that is you imposing your value system on others.

It's not me. It's roe v. Wade. 
when we decided on the separation of church and estate, all types of spirituality and religious dogma are not supposed to influence politics and science. 
they know this debate can go on for years, that’s why it gave people the PRIVACY to make their own choice. 

Edited by Jennjenn

For some people an abortion can be just a medical procedure. For others, they can feel like it’s God Who is inside their uterus. That’s why each individual deserves the privacy to make their own choice based on their own moral code, values and life circumstances. For the rest of us is non of our business 

i think first of all: anti vaxxers and former anti vaxxers donˋt have a say in it. my body my right is def one argument which stretches out ones body or mind into a nine month challenge of survival with a probable death in the finals.

17 minutes ago, mememe said:

my body my right

When libertarianism meets women's rights in one saying lol.

I think pro-abortion stances can have hints of selfishness in them. I challenge us all to lead with the question, what is the most conscious way to handle abortion? Win-win thinking.

People that are against abortion but still eat meat are complete hypocrites.

Change my mind. 

28 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

When libertarianism meets women's rights in one saying lol.

I think pro-abortion stances can have hints of selfishness in them. I challenge us all to lead with the question, what is the most conscious way to handle abortion? Win-win thinking.

yea but i also think: people who are not the caretakers should also not have a saying, therefore if men don‘t sign a contract it‘s none of their business.

3 minutes ago, Godhead said:

People that are against abortion but still eat meat are complete hypocrites.

Change my mind. 

People who are pro abortion and eat meat are also hypocrites.

Example: "Anti abortion is against women's rights!"

But.......animals don't have rights to their bodies as well?

And I'm not choosing a side here, we're all hypocrites in some way.

10 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

People who are pro abortion and eat meat are also hypocrites.

Example: "Anti abortion is against women's rights!"

But.......animals don't have rights to their bodies as well?

And I'm not choosing a side here, we're all hypocrites in some way.

hahahahahahahaha - so if you are vegan you need to be anti abortion because it is not about the living but the theory of life.

1 hour ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

There is an issue with this, as abortion is concerning a woman's right to her body autonomy. 

If someone gets into a car crash which was entirely their fault, and the other driver needs blood, the person who caused the car accident has full rights to say no as that person does have bodily autonomy. Even if the result is the other driver dying.

Edit: P.S. I'm pro choice, except in the case of late term.

Yeah, but people have a right to their own money with the exception of the government taxing it for social programs. It's impossible to stay consistent here logically. It's just based on what we feel.