Someone here

What's alternative to prayer?

96 posts in this topic

I never was hard-core religious. My family are Hindus and I used to pray to God when I was a little kid up until 20s when I discovered atheism and nonduality etc. 

If God is not separate from me.. Then to whom should I pray? 

Religious people pray to God under the assumption that God is separated from them. Believing in a higher power that can take care of you helps you avoid existential despair and it actually gives you sense of satisfaction. As some studies show that religious people tend to be more happy than atheists. 

But if I am God.. I can't pray to myself. 

Then how do I substitute prayer and get the relief associated with the practice? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I want to be able to pray to God as a separate entity exists beyond my power without being clouded with the hints that God is me. 

-Osho

It is like that but also not like that at all (I mean that "I am the God" phrase).

If you are familiar with a Christian tradition, it works like that: there is the Son of God, God, and Holy Spirit. What are they in reality?

Son of God is you - your body, mind, your "person", the thing you play the game with. Holy Spirit is your higher self, your destination in life, your guide, your intuition, you name it. And God is the player. The one that can play the game from 3rd person perspective, the All-seeing eye. 

Of course, at the same time you are all of them, but let's imagine a dream of yours. Of course, you are your dream, because it is happening in your own head but at the same time it's not like you are it, you are just a dreamer, you get it?

So - if you want to ask God for help, just put out the intention and LET GO and LET GOD, let Life, "The Ox", Flow, whatever you call it to take control over your character and see what happens. It knows exactly what to do, you need to surrender and have faith. Good luck.

Edited by 28 cm unbuffed

8 minutes ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

So - if you want to ask God for help, just put out the intention and LET GO and LET GOD, let Life, "The Ox", Flow, whatever you call it to take control over your character and see what happens. It knows exactly what to do, you need to surrender and have faith. Good luck.

So I should just "surrender"? 

Can one pray to the universe? 

-Osho

I would just go ahead and do it if it feels good to you. Maybe your attitude and expectations change. So what if God isn't separate from you? Non-separation is not a limitation, in fact it's exactly why prayer feels good. If you're conforming your actions to try to abide by the 'right' understanding, you're wasting your efforts in trying to avoid a wrong way of going about it that just isn't there. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw let's say you are going through extremely difficult times. It's so tough that you can't just do it on your own. You need a higher power to guide you.what are you going to do? To whom are you going to pray? Nonduality doesn't accept a separate sky daddy who can hear and answer your prayers. Because god is the universe bla bla 

-Osho

This is how you can do it in a practical, scientific way. Start your day with intention f.e using your prayer practice or this meditation: 

It will prime your subconscious for this day, you can go with affirmations too, whatever your goal is. Then stop thinking about it and be in NOW do what has to be done NOW just start going and see what happens. Many people mistaken surrender with not doing, it's quite the contrary, it's just to release attachment, trust higher guidance, and let life go flow through your vessel and guide you, as you are Life (aka God).

@Someone here You're dogmatizing nonduality. It's not MORE guidelines it's the falling away of them, the freedom of them. You can still have your cake and eat it too, you can still have your Big Sky Daddy and... o.O that doesn't sound right, never mind. (Although, for the Christians, that is what Jesus meant when he spoke about communion.)

There are sources of guidance all around, but you have to receive them. I have experienced absolutely bizarre forms of guidance since understanding and feeling into this stuff. I've had things that have made me feel so seen, so watched over and so loved, I can't describe it. But when I go to attribute a single separate source of this, it falls apart. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

11 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Meditation. 

Yeah I think there is similarities. 

But also meditation is just sitting silently and emptying one's mind.  While prayer is directly talking with a higher power (God) and asking it for guidance. They are not the same thing. 

17 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

There are sources of guidance all around, but you have to receive them. I have experienced absolutely bizarre forms of guidance since understanding and feeling into this stuff. I've had things that have made me feel so seen, so watched over and so loved, I can't describe it. But when I go to attribute a single separate source of this, it falls apart. 

Good for you and happy to hear ?

-Osho

@Someone here

Thinking about meditation isn’t meditation. In meditation, it’s all exactly the same ‘thing’. 

Mind says problem. Mind says God fix my problem. 

Meditation, no problems. All is well.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Someone here You're allowed to ask for whatever you want, but if you're asking questions constantly without stopping to openly listen for an answer, no answer will be heard.

Are you really in full awareness of you being One with everything or is this just a belief you have adopted?

For me it seems you're taking your thoughts too seriously. If you feel like praying, then do it. If it's inspirational or gives you that depth/connection to life, do it. It's always the feeling you're looking for.

The guidance/divinity is accessed through feeling and intuition. Praying and really feeling into it will make you go right up. But thinking and theorizing about it won't.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

I pray to myself, in the sense that i believe in my self above everything. 

Singer

14™

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

I want to be able to pray to God as a separate entity exists beyond my power without being clouded with the hints that God is me. 

How do you feel when you do this btw? 

when you let go of all non-duality, ideas, concepts, and just with an empty, silence mind trying to connect  to a higher power, God and feel it in your heart?

it's really really beautiful and loving for me, even though I realized I'm God I really really enjoy and want this type of connection too beside all mediations and spiritual practices etc.

Edited by m0hsen

15 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Someone here

Thinking about meditation isn’t meditation. In meditation, it’s all exactly the same ‘thing’. 

Interesting. I will think about it. 

12 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Someone here You're allowed to ask for whatever you want, but if you're asking questions constantly without stopping to openly listen for an answer, no answer will be heard.

Lol what makes you say that? 

I meant it genuinely. 

10 minutes ago, roopepa said:

Are you really in full awareness of you being One with everything or is this just a belief you have adopted?

For me it seems you're taking your thoughts too seriously. If you feel like praying, then do it. If it's inspirational or gives you that depth/connection to life, do it. It's always the feeling you're looking for.

The guidance/divinity is accessed through feeling and intuition. Praying and really feeling into it will make you go right up. But thinking and theorizing about it won't.

Thank you. Totally agree ?

9 minutes ago, Goldzilla said:

I pray to myself, in the sense that i believe in my self above everything. 

Haha good for YOU

-Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:
20 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Someone here

Interesting. I will think about it. 

Noooooo!!!? dude

Just now, Nahm said:

@Someone here

No. lol. Listen to what’s being said for once my good man. 

I will. Told ya will ponder what you said. 

-Osho