Synnergy

Coffee Is An Amazing Nootropic That Enhances Consciousness For A Short Period Of Time

13 posts in this topic

Hello.

After a few years of hardcore meditation (staying present a few hours a day), I've come to look at coffee as a substance that enhances your well-being in a totally different way.

Just a few sips of coffee make everything look different and life appears to be more meaningful in a subjective sense.

I don't suggest using coffee as a crutch or as something that you depend upon. No.

I only say that after you bypass The Dark Night of the Soul and become more conscious (to the point of being awake), drugs are experienced differently. You simply know how to revel in the delightful experiences that they offer: all of a sudden, a cup of coffee, a not-so-potent joint, a cigarette, a glass of wine, or a few squares of dark chocolate can bring joy into your life like never before, to the point of weeping without control. And sometimes you start to cry...

We're often in search of meaning, without realizing that life is full of it. Even beingness is something that offers joy and meaning, but we're not persistent enough to reach its dimension.

I had a cup of coffee at work. It was a highly intense moment. My mind was so clear that I thought: "Wow, it is so pleasant and refreshing just to be alive!"

Now, I have a challenge for those who don't drink coffee. Don't eat for at least four days in a row and then drink a strong coffee the next day. It will be one of the most significant experiences you've had in your life.

Note: don't overdo it. Learn to enjoy these drugs in a balanced manner.

Edited by Synnergy
To add a sentence.

have had come to the same conclusion when drinking strong chai

Green tea is even better! (In my opinion, but I absolutely love coffee)

It contains L-Theanine which reduces the arousal induced by caffeine. calm and alert, the perfect combination

Not consciousness but awareness or cognition.

Edited by Arzola

Yeah, another tool. I'd say it's so powerful that for many, they block them in the mind. 

To really get the benefits, you have to know channeling. 

Singer

14™

Caffeine is nice because who doesn't like a more alert mind.

And coffee (just caffeine doesn't do it) gives me a little temporary boost of happiness.

But the effect probably disappears if you drink coffee every day.

Edited by Blackhawk

Just the smell of coffee triggers my monkey brain the same way when I smell wood burning/fire or meat being cooked.  It's been in our ancestry for so long, it's part of us and a useful tool to use in everyday life!

(as long as you don't add any sugar ;) )

I love coffee so much.  It is such a nice complement to have with a bowl of sativa, and then to sit down and listen to a lecture or work on art; I can really get immersed in it.  I've learned so much using just these two tools when doing contemplation.  It feels like I can get into my subconscious easier, that is loosens rusty gears and that my body is more in the present moment - so the awakenings and insights come from just enjoying how wonderful the body feels.  Coffee helps to direct my experience as well, I don't feel like I get running thoughts or unclear messages when I have had a cup of coffee.

Coffee + Lions Mane + L-Theanine + meditation = psychedelic 

Have to be careful not to overdue it on caffeine though because it can and has created an over fried CNS in the past off of relatively small amounts. 1 cup of coffee per day is the max I try and stick around.

As one becomes more conscious via meditation, the sensitivity of drugs seems to increase. 

According to vedic traditions coffee is a food labeled as Raja, which means empowers the ego and desires. So for meditation is not a good idea.

In the other hand coffee has helped me in my work, if I dont take the coffee I got more negative thoughs!

50 minutes ago, Shawn Philips said:

According to vedic traditions coffee is a food labeled as Raja, which means empowers the ego and desires. So for meditation is not a good idea.

Perhaps long term. If we define the aim of meditation as the training of attentional skills, or mindfulness, coffee can help with paying attention. However, if we’re defining the aim of meditation to be with the way things are independent of state, not such a good idea. Ironically this second point can also be defined as a quality of mindfulness. 

Meditation without supplementation of any kind is certainly helpful in some contexts. 

Meh don't take vedic stuff too seriously. They're just general guidelines, not end all be alls. Like potatoes are Tamas, lethargic, but you eat some potatoes and go workout you'll get good energy from carbs.

If you've developed your meditation coffee wouldn't affect it that much.