Happy Lizard

considering leaving my family

5 posts in this topic

I have been talking to people and my life couch about leaving my family and starting a new life.  
The main problem is I'll have to work 2 jobs and be able to afford rent but may also live in a state where the majority of people are not highly conscious.
I've been struggling with my family for quite a while, and I don't see that I have the level of respect I deserve living with them. I feel too scared to take this step but I feel like I'll be manipulated, mocked or made to tolerate behaviors and people out of my will if I don't.

please help me out if you have any experience, my life couch would not let me consider this idea as they think it's "egoic thinking" so I stopped talking to them, but I hope I find help here.

1 hour ago, Happy Lizard said:

I've been struggling with my family for quite a while, and I don't see that I have the level of respect I deserve living with them. I feel too scared to take this step but I feel like I'll be manipulated, mocked or made to tolerate behaviors and people out of my will if I don't.

Can you give examples of this manipulation that's happening with you ?

what? egoic thinking! 

trying to rescue yourself and move into another stage of life isn't egoic thinking. 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Yes! I have done this myself from a toxic family situation. In my case it was not even a question I had to leave if I wanted to have a self/life of my own and not constantly be dragged down by drama. I had very little money though it would be better if you saved a bit. It was bit tough initially coz I had to take odd jobs whatever I could find at first (and living cheaply). I did have a degree and that helped me land better jobs eventually but the first year was a real struggle as I moved like 6 times in that year from shared living situations one after another. But like I said the situation was so bad that even this was more appealing. It's not egoic thinking you want to be independent and start the process of living life true to you. I don't regret it one bit and if ever in a similar situaion I would still work my ass off to stay away from living with family. 

I didn't tell my parents the real reason of why I left until years after however because it was not emotionally safe to do.. but that's up to you and your situation how you want to handle communicating your leaving.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

At some point we all have to do this better sooner than later...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.