Gianna

What is astral projection?

10 posts in this topic

I went to a conference and was talking to someone who frequently 'astral projects'. What does this even mean and what is the experience like? 

Never experienced it myself (well, not that I can remember at least), but from what I understand, it's an intentional out-of-body experience - we have what's known as an astral body, apparently, and in astral projection that leaves the physical body. You can visit other dimensions and the far reaches of the universe apparently, it does sound very cool to be fair.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

In my opinion it is a lucid dream which centres around the story of you leaving the body and exploring realms. ?

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

But hey.. why do you all write about the dreams. Do you really need to sleep, to send your astral body somewhere else?

In my opinion not.

Maybe it´s a question of definition? Maybe it´s not an astral body but some other kind of body, that they send elsewhere  during waken stages? 

Edited by Hulia

I can do it and it requires kinda mental power to do so. I can even visit people when they are asleep at night for the sake of protecting them. 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@Hulia I think we're astral projecting right now ? and yes like in my lucid daydream adventures I consider to be astral projecting, or bilocation more specifically. 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

44 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@Hulia I think we're astral projecting right now ? and yes like in my lucid daydream adventures I consider to be astral projecting, or bilocation more specifically. 

You know what? I´ve got a feeling of my astral body since I exercise the playing back of my day before falling asleep. You said once, that I write it down. Such an absurd thought! Because what I really do - I just do the same what I´ve done with physical body but instead with an astral one. No words needed! And in this way I remember every single detail at least of the last 1/2 hour. I don´t need more, because I fall asleep. Another useful effect - no insomnia any more. Yeah, I know, my life is boring especially the last 1/2 hour before going to bed ?

But still problems with remembering dreams, though I can always recall at least one smal episode.

Imagine an extremely vivid and conscious dream, one that you could easily mistake for reality. That's what it is.