Synnergy

I Can't Express Myself Freely On This Forum

106 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Stop spreading misinformation on this site and then you won't have to act surprised when I ban you.

"Misinformation" is often used by the left and those who support the Democratic Party. Don't be like them, Leo!

We have the means to counteract those who spread false or inaccurate information, especially that which is deliberately intended to deceive.

You have a higher chance of convincing people about a topic when you engage in a debate with them.

When you're shutting down people, you make the situation ten times worse; they might start a rebellion act. When you're letting them speak, you calm the situation down, despite the fact that they're talking nonsense.

1 hour ago, Synnergy said:

"Misinformation" is often used by the left and those who support the Democratic Party. Don't be like them, Leo!

We have the means to counteract those who spread false or inaccurate information, especially that which is deliberately intended to deceive.

You have a higher chance of convincing people about a topic when you engage in a debate with them.

When you're shutting down people, you make the situation ten times worse; they might start a rebellion act. When you're letting them speak, you calm the situation down, despite the fact that they're talking nonsense.

I doubt it. You seem pretty closed off to the possibility that the "misinformation" you speak of is actually misinformation and harmful. 

Why waste time convincing you otherwise? 

@Gesundheit2 Im not conservative and I meant that someone could maybe be conservative in some ways and progressive in others. But I think "conservative progress" would be keeping the things we already have safe and stable. Like conservatives keep the homeostasis in the humankind-system.

1 hour ago, Synnergy said:

Ah the cringe. 

There is nothing of substance here. You aren't ready for a debate. 

2 hours ago, Synnergy said:

I think you are just not ready for the forum rhetorically. Because your beliefs are so different you have to have the tools to sell it without triggering people on this forum. If you do not have that skill get it in another forum and when you are ready you can do it here. It just takes time to get a feel about if you crossed the line. You are a guest in this forum and nobody owes you anything even if you are right.

It is normal to want to bring your truth but it is probably not the right place and time. Just give yourself time. You do not have to save the world right now, or do you?

I crossed the line here many times and it was a growing process.

16 minutes ago, Epikur said:

I think you are just not ready for the forum rhetorically. Because your beliefs are so different you have to have the tools to sell it without triggering people on this forum. If you do not have that skill get it in another forum and when you are ready you can do it here. It just takes time to get a feel about if you crossed the line. You are a guest in this forum and nobody owes you anything even if you are right.

It is normal to want to bring your truth but it is probably not the right place and time. Just give yourself time. You do not have to save the world right now, or do you?

I crossed the line here many times and it was a growing process.

Why are you giving your power to this user?

Edited by Windappreciator

9 minutes ago, Windappreciator said:

Why are you giving your power to this user?

Maybe it is just your perception

1 minute ago, Epikur said:

Maybe it is just your perception

You humble yourself unnecessarily here. This user doesn't need it.

4 minutes ago, Windappreciator said:

You humble yourself unnecessarily here. This user doesn't need it.

I do not care. It is basically self talk anyway. 
Sometimes it is nice not to be an asshole. It is good to take a break.

Edited by Epikur

5 minutes ago, Epikur said:

I do not care. It is basically self talk anyway. 

It's never too late to decide differently for the next time. Mistakes make the right approach complete.

Just now, Windappreciator said:

It's never too late to decide differently for the next time. Mistakes make the right approach complete.

Good for you hopefully you learned from your mistake.

Just now, Epikur said:

I knew you wouldn't like that answer. I should have used something simpler you can stomach.

Just now, Windappreciator said:

I knew you wouldn't like that answer. I should have used something simpler you can stomach.

Thanks I am good.

I'm bookmarking this thread so I can re-read it on days when I feel like I haven't experienced enough cringe

36 minutes ago, Epikur said:

xD

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

11 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

xD

Seems elevating and reconfirming seeing someone else's form of self conservation against the same source.

I never liked this "left-right" duality as understood in the US.

To me everyone is both - and the application of either is a matter of your personal development. In such you could measure "a level of one's consciousness".

I'm most "conservative" when I'm "integrating" (e.g. after psychedelic trips). In fact, the whole idea of "integration" is by definition conservative. This is where I literally "retract", "organise", "assign meaning", "figure out", "sit on it", "think it through", "consider/re-consider", "slow down", "reground", "find back my comfort zone", "understand my past/history"; etc.

When I need to "move fast", "change paradigms", "gain new knowledge", "explore", "solve big problems", "improve in a big way", "get out of my comfort zone", "cover new grounds", "go with my intuition", "grow and develop", etc. then I'm a "progressive".

So "integration" is... an integral part of the "progress".

Politics is a balancing game where one is always in excess. So if you self-label some rigid and false notions of "conservative/progressive" you're just misapplying yourself and show you've understood nothing that was rambled about for 8+ years on Actualized.

And that is pathetic.

Start  looking at the politics holistically and then you'll start understanding the duality of left-right. And then go beyond that.

---

There is a useful book about it by Johnathan Haidt called "The Righteous Mind". I found it very helpful in observing my mind reasoning when conversations lean left/right - it's also good to have that habit formed to work on your biases.

@Fearey

On 22/08/2021 at 7:04 PM, Fearey said:

@Synnergy Conservatism is not compatible with self development in any way. As such, it has no place here on Actualized.

Really? When someone has experienced growth, what happens?

If you're into self help, and you do a pre mortem, what are you doing?