Synnergy

I Can't Express Myself Freely On This Forum

106 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Synnergy said:

We shouldn't ban people who seem ideological.

Instead of banning them, it would be better to respect them as humans and let them believe what they want.

It's one thing to let someone believe what they want, it's something else to let them express their ideology on a privately owned forum. Nobody is entitled to express their political views here. 

@Synnergy as someone who leans more to the left and was a hardcore leftist years ago, I agree with you. 

There is clearly a tendency to censor people who have different views on politics, materialism, etc., in this forum. However, in some cases I think it's completely legitimate because of the toxicity and lack of respect of how these views are expressed. 

IMO, as long as you are being respectful you should be allowed to express your conservative stances, your doubts about the vaccines or your doubts about esoteric ideas for example. Instead, this is often met with condescending answers, threats of being banned, being ridiculed. Not good for healthy discussions. 

To be fair though, I have personally expressed this a few times and haven't been banned yet. So maybe the people who are getting banned are actually breaking some rules, not only expressing a conservative opinion.

Edited by Farnaby

If someone here is left to the point that he she believes we need to do a capitol riot and install communism by force, then he/she must be banned too.

Do you agree @Synnergy ?

Edited by Enlighten

You have stated that you don't want to change your mind. 

Then why would anyone waste energy on you? 

You clearly aren't mature enough for an open discussion. 

3 minutes ago, Opo said:

Then why would anyone waste energy on you? 

You clearly aren't mature enough for an open discussion. 

It's just to spread ideology. That's what they do across the internet.

11 minutes ago, Windappreciator said:

It's just to spread ideology. That's what they do across the internet.

Projecting much? 

45 minutes ago, Opo said:

It's not your job to change minds. All you can do is help people become more conscious as human beings by expressing your points of view. That's it. The rest is up to them. You should be content with that and accept it totally.

In regards to my views, I have an open mind, of course. Why do you think I'm into meditation and spirituality? I go highly meta daily, at the extreme and I still love some conservative principles. Is there's something wrong with that? I simply understand that some ideas that come from the right are fundamental to societies and civilizations.

Besides that, there are goods sides to the left as well.

I've spoken with a lot of conservatives throughout my life. They're hard-working, decent people. They're not racists or overly ideological. They own lots of businesses and they offer people jobs. Most of the small businesses in America are owned by conservatives.

There's nothing wrong with being conservative, just as there's no fault in being on the left.

You can't expect all people to reach state Purple on Spyral Dynamics. That's just arrogance.

Honor people the way they are as long as they're productive members of society and let them speak freely.

Is that too much?

When people talk about Tim Pool, Tucker Carlson, or Ben Shapiro on this forum, it's like they're having a frenzy, being totally bias against them. Why not let them state their points of view, without being negatively affected? They're not always right but they have good points that need to be examined.

Edited by Synnergy

@Opo I am not sure.

Although I am fully aware that you're using this out of spite against me.

Edited by Windappreciator

@Synnergy How about people focus on a certain issue and their opinions rather than 'being a conservative' , or being part of 'the Shapiro cult', or framing other individuals as 'the left'.  

49 minutes ago, Windappreciator said:

@Opo I am not sure.

Although I am fully aware that you're using this out of spite against me.

If I was spiteful I would just let you be wrong so you keep hitting your head into a wall. 

58 minutes ago, Synnergy said:

Honor people the way they are as long as they're productive members of society and let them speak freely.

Think about the kids man. 

How free? 

When people talk about Tim Pool, Tucker Carlson, or Ben Shapiro on this forum, it's like they're having a frenzy, being totally bias against them. Why not let them state their points of view, without being negatively affected? They're not always right but they have good points that need to be examined.

Could you state those points? 

@Gesundheit2 just because someones political identity is conservative doesnt mean that the whole human being is about keeping things as they are, what I think conservatism is about.

4 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

If you want to be conservative, then you're not into self-development

pretty non-nuanced statement.

6 minutes ago, Windappreciator said:

@Opo And what else have you done so far?

Pointed out that you like to project a lot. 

13 minutes ago, Florian said:

@Gesundheit2 just because someones political identity is conservative doesnt mean that the whole human being is about keeping things as they are, what I think conservatism is about.

How does development look like from a conservative pov?

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

4 hours ago, Synnergy said:

Although I don't agree with your statement, I didn't see you mentioning "non-leftism", meaning that you can't stand conservatism.

Doesn't matter to me, chump. I have no stakes in this game. Just explaining things from my pov.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

1 hour ago, Synnergy said:

It's not your job to change minds. All you can do is help people become more conscious as human beings by expressing your points of view. That's it. The rest is up to them. You should be content with that and accept it totally.

In regards to my views, I have an open mind, of course. Why do you think I'm into meditation and spirituality? I go highly meta daily, at the extreme and I still love some conservative principles. Is there's something wrong with that? I simply understand that some ideas that come from the right are fundamental to societies and civilizations.

Besides that, there are goods sides to the left as well.

I've spoken with a lot of conservatives throughout my life. They're hard-working, decent people. They're not racists or overly ideological. They own lots of businesses and they offer people jobs. Most of the small businesses in America are owned by conservatives.

There's nothing wrong with being conservative, just as there's no fault in being on the left.

You can't expect all people to reach state Purple on Spyral Dynamics. That's just arrogance.

Is that too much?

Tucker, Shapiro  do a lot of propaganda. It is a lot of work to separate the truth from propaganda. It is better to bring their arguments from a different source that is more trustable.

Tim Pool is not so bad but his propaganda and grift is more subtle and adds up after a long time. Then it becomes obvious.

Same with the liberals. Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo, Brion Stelter. You do not want to waste brain cells for these guys.

My roommate in college was a conservative. Over the first quarter he told me his admiration for Bush - "he really loved our country," his resentment for Obama over issues like the gay pride colors project onto the WH, and his (roomie's) support for the death penalty. 

He was a smart dude and not dogmatic about his beliefs. Willing to listen and adopt new ideas. Last I met him he was in Seattle with a very liberal vibe to him.

I think conservatives should be welcomed. Many of them are toxic, racist and the source of many problems, but even if there was a small chance they will take some useful insight from this forum it's good to keep it open.

A proverb from Somalia (rough translation): ‘One doesn't tell an adult ‘go away' but one shows (or gives) him/her something to go away with."

Edited by DieFree

9 hours ago, Synnergy said:

(although it should be a platform that welcomes free expression and difference of opinion)

What makes you think that? You don't get to go into a church and start preaching about the devil. In life, there will be spaces where you don't get to express your views 100% freely. This is normal. 

There are many forums on reddit where you can talk about conservatism etc. 

"You Create Magic"