Synnergy

I Can't Express Myself Freely On This Forum

106 posts in this topic

Hello.

Before I start, I want to mention that I have another account on this forum with over 8000 posts and replies. Since I can not talk freely about politics here (although it should be a platform that welcomes free expression and difference of opinion), I won't be using it and I won't disclose my real account. Not to mention that I have many friends here that just won't talk about politics and their conservative views mainly because they fear that they'll get banned. In truth, conservatives are not allowed to talk on public forums or social media without being suppressed or banned.

There's a huge bias against conservatives on this forum and a strong anti-conservative sentiment. We can not express ourselves freely because we'll end up losing our account and all that we've invested in this community, including supporting @Leo Gura on Patreon.

I don't know the exact number of those who were banned on this forum but I believe it is a significant one. It shouldn't be this way. Conservativism has its role in the world and the left will never be able to change our minds, no matter how hard they're trying to push their worldview on us.

IT IS OKAY TO HAVE DIFFERENCES OF OPINION. IT IS OKAY TO DISAGREE AND STILL TALK WITH EACH OTHER.

We, as conservatives, if we disagree with you, we tell you that you're wrong and never shut you down. But when it comes to the left, you're just bad and there's no room for debate; you're a "harmer" of society. Really?

I'm sorry to say it but the most biased and egoistic people are on the left. I noticed that they have the most trauma, even those who are into spirituality.

To get to the point, I'm a member of Actualized.org from the beginning and a donor to Leo on Patreon. If this community continues to ban users and stifle their expression and points of view, I will leave for good, and stop supporting Actualized.org on Patreon. Enough is enough!

Edited by Synnergy

Development, by definition, means non-conservatism. If you want to be conservative, then you're not into self-development, and therefore you're in the wrong place.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

5 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Development, by definition, means non-conservatism. If you want to be conservative, then you're not into self-development, and therefore you're in the wrong place.

Although I don't agree with your statement, I didn't see you mentioning "non-leftism", meaning that you can't stand conservatism.

On a positive note, conservativism means preserving the enlightenment values, like freedom of speech, property rights, Capitalism, and so forth, without having the need to stifle the left or anyone else.

Don't conflate conservatives with The Republican Party. 

49 minutes ago, Synnergy said:

Hello.

Before I start, I want to mention that I have another account on this forum with over 8000 posts and replies. Since I can not talk freely about politics here (although it should be a platform that welcomes free expression and difference of opinion), I won't be using it and I won't disclose my real account. Not to mention that I have many friends here that just won't talk about politics and their conservative views mainly because they fear that they'll get banned. In truth, conservatives are not allowed to talk on public forums or social media without being suppressed or banned.

There's a huge bias against conservatives on this forum and a strong anti-conservative sentiment. We can not express ourselves freely because we'll end up losing our account and all that we've invested in this community, including supporting @Leo Gura on Patreon.

I don't know the exact number of those who were banned on this forum but I believe it is a significant one. It shouldn't be this way. Conservativism has its role in the world and the left will never be able to change our minds, no matter how hard they're trying to push their worldview on us.

IT IS OKAY TO HAVE DIFFERENCES OF OPINION. IT IS OKAY TO DISAGREE AND STILL TALK WITH EACH OTHER.

We, as conservatives, if we disagree with you, we tell you that you're wrong and never shut you down. But when it comes to the left, you're just bad and there's no room for debate; you're a "harmer" of society. Really?

I'm sorry to say it but the most biased and egoistic people are on the left. I noticed that they have the most trauma, even those who are into spirituality.

To get to the point, I'm a member of Actualized.org from the beginning and a donor to Leo on Patreon. If this community continues to ban users and stifle their expression and points of view, I will leave for good, and stop supporting Actualized.org on Patreon. Enough is enough!

Talking to each other when the opinions are so different is exhausting. 

Just now, Epikur said:

Talking to each other when the opinions are so different is exhausting. 

Okay. That's a fair argument but we shouldn't ban people just because they have differences of opinion.

The left is scared of arguments and disputation; I've seen how they treat conservatives.

You're not a harmer of society for holding conservative views.

Any side becomes problematic when there is no nuances left to what is supposed to be a open discussion about a certain issue. If you want to discuss your point of view. Then open up with a question rather than a claim of some sort.

Any discussion transition into merely arguing as soon as sincere counter-argument and questions are being ignored or dismissed without a rational argument for it to be put down.

Once any side say the words "You are wrong" without explaining why that is so. Then that's a clear sign that there is no further discussion to be had from that point on.

5 minutes ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

Once any side say the words "You are wrong" without explaining why that is so. Then that's a clear sign that there is no further discussion to be had from that point on.

Finally a great answer! I totally agree. What bothers me here is that people on the left are calling us evil, harmers, and bad people.

We, as conservatives, call them wrong and state why. And then, we're nullified and banned under the pretext of dogma and ideology, when in fact, the left is extremely ideological.

They live with the idea that their worldview is the correct one.

Edited by Synnergy

I guess there are pros and cons to everything including modernism and conservatism. 

I've found good things both from modernism and conservatism. I might have collection of behaviors mixed with modernism and conservatism (or even traditionalism) 

so holding prejudice against conservatism is another prejudice in and of itself. I'm saying this to all my respectful moderators! 

I might throw something controversial here and there but all in all, I'm here to help people grow. 

Edited by hamedsf

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

13 minutes ago, hamedsf said:

so holding prejudice against conservatism is another prejudice in and of itself. I'm saying this to all my respectful moderators! 

I might throw something controversial here and there but all in all, I'm here to help people grow. 

I get what you're saying, but for now, don't throw anything here or you'll get banned.

A few of my friends here have got banned for holding conservative views.

So unfair! And they were supporting Actualizaed.org on Patreon like I'm doing at the moment.

I love this community because it makes people work on themselves.

When we talk about politics, it is our right to have our own views; just like our preferences and tastes in food, which are not to be changed by others.

Edited by Synnergy

1 minute ago, Synnergy said:

Finally a great answers! I totally agree. What bothers me here is that people on the left are calling us evil, harmers, and bad people.

We, as conservatives, call them wrong and state why. And then, we're nullified and banned under the pretext of dogma, ideology, when in fact, the left is extremely ideological.

I just want to make it clear that I'm not picking any side here between left and right. At the end of the day, we are all people looking for what we believe will benefit everyone in the end. Or atleast that should be the main goal of politics imo.

With that said. Making definitive claims about the other side no matter what side you take. Is like begging for a clash and butting of heads, rather than having an open curiosity about any argument and discussion that could be taking place.

Fear is of an equal amount on both sides with different flavours when claims are expressed and projected on the other side. So why making self certified claims at all, if the goal is to have an open discussion about a topic?

@Synnergy  I would advice you to present your views like you just did with your opening post. And keep asking open ended questions of your interest if you want some more diversity of opinions in here.

I don't think anybody ever got banned for merely expressing conservative views on this forum.

It depends on the way these views are expressed and yes, to some degree on what concretely these views are . Could you maybe give a few examples (just link the threads) so that I can understand what exactly you mean? 

Of course there's a bias towards the left here, what did you expect? The left isn't merely "opposed" to the right, it's literally a higher stage of cognitive and moral development, as arrogant as this might sound. But the higher a person's moral and cognitive development is, the more left-leaning he/she will be perceived.

Conservatism has its valuable sides and there's a lot to appreciate in conservatism. But it fails in the long run no matter what, because you can't conserve anything, everything falls apart, changes and develops. And when you deeply understand that, you will seize to be conservative because you see that its's a loosing game. 

You could post conservative anti-covid stuff on 4chan, they'll love it there.

But other than that, best keep it away from here.

Edited by Windappreciator

1 minute ago, ZzzleepingBear said:

@Synnergy  I would advice you to present your views like you just did with your opening post. And keep asking open ended questions of your interest if you want some more diversity of opinions in here.

Thanks for giving me great advice.

For now, I will take a break from posting on this forum and see how it is going to evolve. I need to regain trust in the forum since things are evolving so badly for conservatives here.

The truth is that we're a lot more conservatives here than people think but we can not express ourselves freely; we're afraid that we'll end up losing our accounts. Leo is banning a lot of people.

5 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Conservatism has its valuable sides and there's a lot to appreciate in conservatism. But it fails in the long run no matter what, because you can't conserve anything, everything falls apart, changes and develops. And when you deeply understand that, you will seize to be conservative because you see that its's a loosing game. 

Of course, conservativism has its valuables sides. There are fundamental values in conservativism that need to be preserved. Jordan Peterson talks about a few of those values. And if we don't take them seriously, society crumbles. It is just a matter of fact.

3 minutes ago, Synnergy said:

For now, I will take a break from posting on this forum and see how it is going to evolve.

Ok before you leave, just give me the links to the threads pls? 

21 minutes ago, Synnergy said:

I get what you're saying, but for now, don't throw anything here or you'll get banned.

I'm not gonna destroy your thread but I should say I know how much I provide value to people here who need serious help as a mentorship role and I'm even not afraid of getting banned permanently by expressing myself freely. 

coz I know what I do here overall increases the quality of forum and when shit hits the fan, I'm not gonna come back as a second account, when I'm done I'm done! 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

48 minutes ago, Synnergy said:

Okay. That's a fair argument but we shouldn't ban people just because they have differences of opinion.

The left is scared of arguments and disputation; I've seen how they treat conservatives.

You're not a harmer of society for holding conservative views.

I am a centrist so I know what you mean. I love criticizing the left but I do not like to criticize the right. The reason is the conservatives specially in the US a lot of times come from the religious perspective. That often means there is no reasoning from the beginning.

I am much more ok with Atheist conservatives there is some reasoning possible.

Edited by Epikur

2 minutes ago, Synnergy said:

Thanks for giving me great advice.

For now, I will take a break from posting on this forum and see how it is going to evolve. I need to regain trust in the forum since things are evolving so badly for conservatives here.

The truth is that we're a lot more conservatives here than people think but we can not express ourselves freely; we're afraid that we'll end up losing our accounts. Leo is banning a lot of people.

You're welcome man.

Wheter you end up taking a break or not is of course up to you. But If I where in your shoes, I would primarily focus on gaining trust in your own ability to reason and discuss from a place of curiosity. Where does the left and right intersect with eachother, and how far down a particular road can we go from there? Those are the kind of starting points to be looked out for, if a meaningful discussion are the main goal.

On a side note. One's own doubt are fine to express fully, as long as it doesn't come with alot of projections on to others, that may linger around with said self doubt. So any concerns you may hold as a conservative in here, should be just fine to express as long as you take accountability of it being yours only. Same rule applies for the left obviously.

14 minutes ago, Epikur said:

I am a centrist so I know what you mean. I love criticizing the left but I do not like to criticize the right. The reason is the conservatives specially in the US a lot of times come from the religious perspective. That often means there is no reasoning from the beginning.

I get you, brother!

From my perspective, when the left says outrageous things or when they speak nonsense, I don't feel the need to ban or give them warnings. The opposite is the truth: I delight in their stupidity without having an impulse to shut them down. They're welcome to speak freely, even if it's about the ideology of being "woke." My approach is to debate and tell them where they're wrong, not to label them as racists or to tell them how bad they are.

The left does not trigger me; I simply honor their right to speak freely, knowing that I have a lot of arguments in my arsenal. I don't have a fragile ego that suffers when somebody challenges my worldview.

We shouldn't ban people who seem ideological. We should counteract them with arguments and be civilized with each other. And in the end, some people are going to change their minds, others won't. Instead of banning them, it would be better to respect them as humans and let them believe what they want.

Edited by Synnergy

3 minutes ago, Synnergy said:

I get you, brother!

From my perspective, when the left says outrageous things or when they speak nonsense, I don't feel the need to ban or give them warnings. The opposite is the truth: I delight in their stupidity without having an impulse to shut them down. They're welcome to speak freely, even if it's about the ideology of being "woke." My approach is to debate and tell them where they're wrong, not to label them as racists or to tell them how bad they are.

The left does not trigger me; I simply honor their right to speak freely, know that I have a lot of arguments in my arsenal.

We shouldn't ban people who seem ideological. We should counteract them with arguments and be civilized with each other.

This forum just does not have the ressources and the will to take on the job. For that you have to create a different forum. Chances are that it will fail because people will use every subtle way to do their propaganda.