Animo

A video of a man supposedly demonstrating telekenesis

78 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

That doesn't apply in this case.

1. There are millions of scientists who would love to find out that magical powers exists.

2. It would be so ridiclously easy to prove in a way which would be impossible to explain away as something ordinary.

You are delusional.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Can it be that those at green or higher with these abilities would simply not care about the prize money from demonstrating and even avoid the fame/notoriety? Makes a lot of sense. This, I think, especially now after watching a few more clips of one of the gentlemen I linked to earlier, he comes across as a self realized non dual teacher and a good one at that.

18 minutes ago, cigologic said:

Can it be that those at green or higher with these abilities would simply not care about the prize money from demonstrating and even avoid the fame/notoriety?

It's not just that. It goes against the very metaphysics of Siddhis.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

11 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

So what evidence do you have that magical powers exists?

I experience magic everyday :)

8 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I experience magic everyday :)

That wasn't a answer.

I take it as you don't have any evidence. I rest my case.

4 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

That wasn't a answer.

I take it as you don't have any evidence. I rest my case.

I never said that I had evidence for you. The evidence is always in your hands ;)

Edited by Carl-Richard

25 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

So what evidence do you have that magical powers exists?

There are no magic powers. You can rest easy and safe in your materialist slumber.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There are no magic powers. You can rest easy and safe in your materialist slumber.

I'm not a materialist.

But why do you expect me to blindly believe in something which I have seen absolutely zero evidence of?

Just now, Blackhawk said:

I'm not a materialist.

But why do you expect me to blindly believe in something which I have seen absolutely zero evidence of?

Why are you not a materialist?

1 hour ago, SriSriJustinBieber said:

If we are to be skeptic to the bone, before speaking of siddhis, and before studying the laws of physics etc, let's first prove there is a world apart from consciousness.

:)

10 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Why are you not a materialist?

Because I don't think that consciousness (life, sentience, qualia) can emerge from dead matter. I don't believe in magic.

Consciousness_Magic (1).jpg

Edited by Blackhawk

Telekinesis (psychokinesis) is a very real phenomena, along with telepathy, I have experienced both. Telepathy can be easily experienced through psychedelics, magic mushrooms tend to induce it rather trivially. Psychokinesis can be self-taught, I used to train with a psi-wheel when I was younger. By the end of it I could rotate it under a transparent container and control its direction, which for me undeniably proved that it exists and is a skill you can develop. Personally I believe we're still in our cosmic diapers as far as knowing ourselves goes. The mind is far more powerful than we think it is.

38 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

I have seen absolutely zero evidence of?

You would need a magical unicorn to anally rape you for you to consider it evidence.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You would need a magical unicorn to anally rape you for you to consider it evidence.

I would consider that evidence yes.

(With the assumption that I would be in a good state of consciousness and the experience would be vivid, detailed, and feel completely real etc. etc.)

32 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Because I don't think that consciousness (life, sentience, qualia) can emerge from dead matter. I don't believe in magic.

Ok. so usually, people who are skeptical of psychic phenomena (or "magic") tend to argue that these things violate the locality of matter and spacetime. So what is stopping consciousness from being non-local?

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

Ok. so usually, people who are skeptical of psychic phenomena (or "magic") tend to argue that these things violate the locality of matter and spacetime. So what is stopping consciousness from being non-local?

I don't know. Maybe consciousness is non-local.

Magic happens all the time, you just need to pay attention. A million impossible things are going on simultaneously all around you right at this very moment. Our science and logic only covers the rational portion of the whole thing as visualized in this post of mine. :)

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/69938-this-diagram-i-just-drew-about-the-post-rational/

In other words, rationality covers a miniscule, infinitesimal portion of actual reality. If all you ever do is look through that keyhole, then of course you won't be able to find magic anywhere, your view is literally obscured. You'll end up rationalizing any contradiction, and the logical mind will fill in all the blanks for you. But true magic exists and is actually the majority of the experience of life. You're simply not paying attention to it.

9 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

I don't know. Maybe consciousness is non-local.

It literally is xD. Consciousness is everywhere simultaneously. There is nothing ultimately limiting it. Therefore, there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to read minds once in a while. It's not evidence in your eyes, but atleast you can see how it's possible.

Edited by Carl-Richard