Animo

A video of a man supposedly demonstrating telekenesis

78 posts in this topic

Today I thought of psychic abilities and typed "telekenesis" into YouTube for fun and... wtf. I don't know what to make of this. Have any of you seen anything like this, whether in other videos or in real life?

Another video of a girl doing the same thing:

EDIT: Nevermind, everyone. I just tried this with a piece of aluminum foil like the 1st guy and was able to replicate the effect almost immediately. It actually freaked me out for a minute. It looks so supernatural. So either I'm a telekenetic master, or... foil is just really, really light and succeptible to even less input (from wind, probably) than you might think.

If telekenesis is real, I now strongly suspect that these videos are not it. Don't know if I should delete this post or leave it up for people to try it for themselves and see how easily you can get fooled by how real it looks on a video (at least to me it looked real).

Edited by Animo

Look, no video is ever gonna "prove" such things to you. Your mind can always rationalize away any video.

I do know a reputable enlightened master who claims telekinesis is real. But not publicly because no one will believe it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Do I even have to say it?

Those videos are worth nothing.

It would be easy to prove such obvious powers in a controlled experiment.

32 minutes ago, Animo said:

Today I thought of psychic abilities and typed "telekenesis" into YouTube for fun and... wtf. I don't know what to make of this. Have any of you seen anything like this, whether in other videos or in real life?

Another video of a girl doing the same thing:

I made a post earlier defending siddhis and psi phenomenon in general. 
https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/70453-a-siddhi-is-when-a-fool-believes-a-liar/

This on the other hand seems a bit suspicious. 
Its an extremely low friction surface combined with super light, multiangular, sail-shaped objects. Notice how they need to make very frantic hand movements every time they want to move something. I have watched multiple of their videos now and the evidence is actually pretty poor imo. The dude said he can move boxes of cereal but doesnt want to show - well, thats what I want to see before being convinced. 

PS: We had a table in our highschool where we could move stuff just with the heat coming from our hands

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

31 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Look, no video is ever gonna "prove" such things to you. Your mind can always rationalize away any video.

I do know a reputable enlightened master who claims telekinesis is real. But not publicly because no one will believe it.

You're right. The only way is to try it for yourself. The videos serve as inspiration, imo.

@Blackhawk That's what I always thought too, but what if there's something about this phenomenon that makes it difficult/impossible to prove in a controlled setting?

@undeather Hmm, all good points. But supposedly there are videos of people doing it without even moving their hands. I haven't extensively looked for those yet.

Btw if anyone is interested, I found a book called "Defy Your Limits" by Sean McNamara which seems like an interesting thing to investigate concerning telekenesis. I read a bit of it just now and he seems to do his best to train you while taking into account things like wind, static, heat, etc. So like, if it works, you'd know you're really doing it, I guess.

Edited by Animo

@Leo Gura Could we in the future when society starts taking these topics more seriously, run experiments on some masters in a controlled environment and prove such things really exist?

Maybe we could  even  isolate the distictive genetic material responsible for such powers or brain circuits 

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

come on... the wind from the hands takes 1 second to reach these ultra light sailor aluminium piece.

I am open minded to telekinesis but these videos are just lame.. how you cannot see it that its just the wind from the hands? 

Make handmovements against your face and you will feel the power of the wind. So stupid simple

48 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

@Leo Gura Could we in the future when society starts taking these topics more seriously, run experiments on some masters in a controlled environment and prove such things really exist?

What you guys are not understanding is that "proof" is purely a Social Matrix cultural phenomenon. What you call "proof" is simply whenever enough people who you trust tell you that something is true, and you believe them. You mistakenly associate this proof with something real. It has nothing to do with reality. All proof is a cultural construct.

So can telekinesis become an acceptable part of your culture? Of course. But don't hold your breath.

The videos look like wind to me. I couldn't confirm nor deny if telekinesis is possible, however. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

What you call "proof" is simply whenever enough people who you trust tell you that something is true, and you believe them.

Wouldn't the same apply to the whole Covid/vaccines controversy? 

How can we be sure that Covid is so dangerous and vaccines are the better option if proof isn't reliable? 

6 minutes ago, Farnaby said:

Wouldn't the same apply to the whole Covid/vaccines controversy? 

How can we be sure that Covid is so dangerous and vaccines are the better option if proof isn't reliable? 

This is how a child thinks.

Stop looking for "proof". Do you ask for proof when you need to take a shit? Prove to me you need to shit before I let you use the toilet. You see how silly this is?

You can't be sure of anything. Yet survival must still happen.

If you want to know how dangerous Covid is, catch it. Let's see if you die. I will bring the popcorn and a shovel.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What path did he take?

@Leo Gura ? you litteraly said you can't trust proof, but you trust what most scientists are saying about vaccines and Covid (which btw I do too and that's why I'm vaccinated). But your reasoning seems contradictory. 

If questioning that is thinking like a child I'm happy to think like one ?

Sorry @Animo for going off topic. I did that stuff in the videos as a teenager. Maybe telekinesis is possible, but these videos don't prove it. So many other explanations are more likely for what is happening in those videos than psychic abilities. 

1 hour ago, Farnaby said:

@Leo Gura ? you litteraly said you can't trust proof, but you trust what most scientists are saying about vaccines and Covid (which btw I do too and that's why I'm vaccinated). But your reasoning seems contradictory. 

Questioning the epistemology of institutions is not synonymous with handicapping yourself in the game of survival. It's about being cognizant that you're always working with a imperfect system and that you're no different.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, Farnaby said:

If questioning that is thinking like a child I'm happy to think like one ?

Sorry @Animo for going off topic. I did that stuff in the videos as a teenager. Maybe telekinesis is possible, but these videos don't prove it. So many other explanations are more likely for what is happening in those videos than psychic abilities. 

There is a huge difference between trusting materialist science on viruses vs telekinesis.

Science is great for material matters. Understand its limits.

Yeah video is no evidence, though specifically with this TK and chi stuff it can look very convincing. Here's a few more with good cameras. It doesn't help, however, that there's that magician feel to them and that they both call them selves master. What gets me curious are the small details like the balloon contracting slightly, or the heat shimmers. I'm open minded, but I especially these sort of bend my view about reality a bit too much. Only if I meet someone doing it or learn to do it myself. They claim that everyone can do this.

Bit of sound warning on this one:

There are a few more, but I don't want to spam. Also I think magus of Java can give results and there are a few Russian clips that I can't find right now.

@Eren Eeager

6 hours ago, Eren Eeager said:

Maybe we could  even  isolate the distictive genetic material responsible for such powers or brain circuits 

Well, we might end up creating a world like The Boys then, super heroes who are neurotic and have sidhis.

5 hours ago, cigologic said:

Yeah video is no evidence, though specifically with this TK and chi stuff it can look very convincing. Here's a few more with good cameras. It doesn't help, however, that there's that magician feel to them and that they both call them selves master. What gets me curious are the small details like the balloon contracting slightly, or the heat shimmers. I'm open minded, but I especially these sort of bend my view about reality a bit too much. Only if I meet someone doing it or learn to do it myself. They claim that everyone can do this.

Bit of sound warning on this one:

There are a few more, but I don't want to spam. Also I think magus of Java can give results and there are a few Russian clips that I can't find right now.

The old guy is really interesting. Nothing that screams bullshit so far.
I have looked up some skeptics "debunk" videos on him (which helps sometimes), but it was not persuasive at all. 

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

7 minutes ago, undeather said:

I have looked up some skeptics "debunk" videos on him (which helps sometimes)

Lol