Chi_

Did your life change significantly at age of 33? Sadhguru says it will...

44 posts in this topic

I was 33 when I decided to go to nursing school.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

So it seems to be a common thing! Thank you so much for sharing your stories everyone. It has been eye opening. It's difficult to respond each and every story but I took something away from all of them.

If you missed out at 33, watch out for the next ones at 42 for men, 46 for women and 60 for both genders, apparently.

To all the skeptics, I hear you! However when it comes to mystical sciences, these teachings can be so slippery and easy to miss the point of it. I do understand where you are coming from though. Just as there are set time phases when a flower will bloom from a tree, why is it surprising that there are such time phases in the life of a human as well? You wouldn't usually call a flower blooming miraculous but tend to call such an occuring in a human being as miraculous? Just a thought

If I'm right Leo had his back to back 5meo trips and changed his entire teachings around age 33 as well :D

Edited by Chi_

@OBEler Thank you for your response.

Changing from one perspective to another one can make one feel lost when one still didn't fully let go of the past perspective. 

I hope it helps, if you find that it fits.

Edited by Windappreciator

Please.

Just because something happened to a few people when they were 33 doesn't mean that 33 is a magical age.

You can find things happening to people at all ages.

Now people will write in this thread and say "x thing happened to me at age 33". Well of course it did. Because there's many members in this forum. The possibility is high that several people say that something happened at age 33.

And voilá suddenly the belief about age 33 is born.

I could start a thread about any age and several people will say that something happened at that whatever age.

Some people lose the sparkle in their eye when they age due to life circumstances/they decided that’s the person they think they should be.  That ‘seriousness’ should not be a badge of honor IMO.

You ever talk to a certain old man and after a few minutes you realize he’s just a young person who has aged and is extremely cool?  They still have that sparkle in their eye.  They never took life so seriously and or decided to be “mature” in the face of society.

Never lose your inner child and never grow up, it’s a trap!  Even if this entire life is God’s play—if you’re lucky you will end up on your deathbed as an old person and realize that it was all a play and you took it too seriously.  Tragic, can’t go back now!

Google the regrets of old people on their deathbeds to recalibrate yourselves once in a while.  You’re never going to be this young again!

@Blackhawk Just to clarify, I was just participating, but I don't believe 33 means anything.

@Windappreciator Nursing is stressful.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

2 minutes ago, Ananta said:

@Blackhawk Just to clarify, I was just participating, but I don't believe 33 means anything.

Yeah I kinda understood that. But maybe others didn't.

Nothing special happened for me at 33, apart from a relationship breakup, but in my early 30s I decided I wasn't a young person any more and was ready to be middle aged. If my lifespan is optimistically about 90 max then simply divide into 3 sections for young, middle & old age. 

What age does anyone else think middle age starts? Or is this whole way of labelling life not necessary? 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

From my point of view it's funny that you obsess about 33, because I'm 32.

44 minutes ago, Windappreciator said:

@Ananta I need more

Lol.

I wasn't able to deal with the stress of hospital bedside nursing. I mostly did home health subacute care, I also had been a nurse coordinator and a clinical manager. I've been a nurse since 2007. Anyway, I no longer want to do home health, so I'm looking for either an odd ball type of nursing that I can tolerate or a different career.

Happy now??

Edited by Ananta

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

1 minute ago, Windappreciator said:

@Ananta I love it. Thank you so much.

Your welcome.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

2 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Now people will write in this thread and say "x thing happened to me at age 33". Well of course it did. Because there's many members in this forum. The possibility is high that several people say that something happened at age 33.

And voilá suddenly the belief about age 33 is born.

I could start a thread about any age and several people will say that something happened at that whatever age.

I agree.  There is nothing special or magical about 33, or 18, or 21, or 65.  These are arbitrary numbers.