Chi_

Did your life change significantly at age of 33? Sadhguru says it will...

44 posts in this topic

After getting to know about this, I checked the Wikipedia of many successful people including athletes, businessmen/women, Nobel prize winners, scientists, spiritual Gurus etc. I was surprised to see how many of them did have a certain significant event happening at that age. I also don't wanna rule out confirmation bias here but it was nevertheless a worthy observation. Do any of you guys have similar stories?

Edit :- By "significant", he doesn't necessarily mean it will be positive. It could also be a negative event. He says human life usually has a possibility for propulsion at that age. It all depends on if you have prepared yourself with education, a certain skill, spiritual practices etc, before turning 33. This acts as the "fuel" for the propulsion he says.

33 could also be the age that life could "crash". It seems to be dependent on how much preparation you did on yourself before the age of 33, according to him. Apparently this is related to what people in the west refer to as "mid-life crisis".

The other two ages where something significant happens is at 42 for males, 46 for females and 60 for both genders

Edited by Chi_

I don´t believe in miraculous happenings precisely at age 33. But at age 30-35 it indeed starts a process which combines mental maturity, the first glimpses of " life experience", while still in a tremendously energetic, young body. That allows for a balance that you didn´t have before and one that you might (or not) lose afterwards if your body or life take you down.

Besides, incredible amounts of bullshit, pride and naive idealism drop off . You start having access to the best resource for knowledge, which is experience, and for the first time you can be really compassionate. And not because "you want to leave a mark in the world", "you love Humanity" or any other purely ideological crap, but because you start observing and blaming  yourself more than the world around you, and understand how many times you have failed, how many times you have not been able to be be on par with your fancy thoughts. And that´s when understanding of others´mistakes and compassion happen.

Edited by Purple Man

This is my forest, my joy, my love and my shelter, the music I compose: loismusic.com

i don't know but I'm scared of getting 33 years old,  I'm 32 right now, but if Sadhguru say it's good then i will trust him, and I'm a little bit tired of spirituality, more exhausted with it, maybe i need a break.....

Very much yes, I believe and don't on this things but at 33 my life changed completely.

I took the most serious decisions of my life which I don't regret!

Jesus died at 33

Alexander the great died at 33 

Bruce Lee died at 33 (very spiritual person)

and some others. It seems that this age has something for men 

@Chi_ When i turned 33, enlightenment happened. Than realization happened that there is no such a thing as I, birth nor universe. All was just a thought not even, which is the so called ego itself. I was never born, Real i always where It was, as always been, not even moved nor began??? but it is not a successful story lol???? it is the story of killing the one who tries to be successful ???

Mine did, it pushed the boundaries in me to transcend at another level, was the first year of the pandemic ?, when the majority cried as victims, i cried in joy as a thank you for i am that i am and i am alive. 

Singer

14™

I think shadguru is truly awake, from his video about his awakening, it seemed legit. but he doesn't stop talking nonsense. which shows that you can be awake and say one nonsense behind another

I'm 33, and besides having an awakening, nothing interesting happened to me this year ?

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

I am 35. At 33 everithing changed. I was complete different person, no child anymore. this process went on to this day.

You will laught less and will be more serious. thats for sure. 

You will realize how foolish you were all the time before (social conditioning but also personal mistakes done because of immature). You will not waste time with movies, netflix and so on. You will recognize for the first time, that you age (as a man). 

Edited by OBEler

13 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Haha, Sadhguru is full of shit like always.

He is unfortunately, behind his loving facade is a moron that doesn't understand that a lot of his arguments don't have any value.

2 of his claims are that his brainwaves stop entirely when closing his eyes and that mercury can only be fluid unless he uses his magic. Unfortunately most of his followers have no idea about neurology or chemistry. 

Not saying he isn't enlightened, but a lot of the things he sais are taken as prohpecies and truth even though he just rambles non-practicable nonsense.

1 hour ago, Endangered-EGO said:

2 of his claims are that his brainwaves stop entirely when closing his eyes

He said scientists couldn't mesure gamma brainwaves in his brain. One possible explanation is that is brain is in full Lamdba brainwave mode all the time (higher brain wave).

1 hour ago, Endangered-EGO said:

He is unfortunately, behind his loving facade is a moron that doesn't understand that a lot of his arguments don't have any value.

How would you know that what he is saying is silly ? How about you contemplate the possibility that what he is saying is true, just as a thought experiment.

I am not saying it is true, I really have no idea.

Sadghuru is the least guru-like of the "gurus" ... why 33 and not 29, 30, 31, 32, 34, 35, 36 37, 38, 39, etc...

@GoobyBooby because every human has phases. Nothing New. 

Baby Phase. Childhood Phase. Puperty Phase. 

So why is it out of reality to say there is a Phase starting at 33 years old? 

you are too young to understand 

Sadghuru has great, joyful energy, he's inspirational to millions of people, he's doing great work with healing nature, in general, he's a fantastic man.

But sometimes he says some outright stupid shit.

I think he's just got too much on his plate to think through all the things he says or believes, which gets blurry sometimes, because he is quite the storyteller.

Edit: However I do think your 30's (not just 33) can be a truly magical and transformational period of your life, it's a period where you've gathered quite a bit of experience, while still having the gift of youth.

Edited by CultivateLove

@OBEler very interesting to hear your experience. 

Let me give you another outlook. 

Being serious seems mature. ( At least from the 'working class guy' lense, which may just be because of some cultural notions (?)  or maybe there is something to it besides just cultural influence)

What do you think about the idea that maturity actually includes a lightheartedness towards life, less seriousness?

That a certain level of seriousness is an unripe position of a hurt child that didn't get to heal.

And that maturity is a child-like ( not childish ) approach towards life.

?

Edited by Windappreciator

10 hours ago, knakoo said:

He said scientists couldn't mesure gamma brainwaves in his brain. One possible explanation is that is brain is in full Lamdba brainwave mode all the time (higher brain wave).

How would you know that what he is saying is silly ? How about you contemplate the possibility that what he is saying is true, just as a thought experiment.

I am not saying it is true, I really have no idea.

I'm not going to waste my time questioning if the stupid shit he says would be true in some sense, because what he said is simply wrong. I'm not going to gaslight myself into his cult.

@Windappreciatoryou are right. seriousness is not a sign of maturity. I just mean you will experience hard shit over the time. You know that Bad shit can happen, Not just in movies. That makes you more serious/cautious

With serious I also mean especially you will laugth less about the same things younger people laught. Because you recognize patterns over and over. You cannot laught at the same jokes over and over again. 

Also the movies you recognize patterns. How stupid they are. Think about it, the Film Producer could be your age. You will See a movie produced from someone with maybe less life experience. And All the movie actors will mostly be younger than you. No Identifikation left for them. They are seen as little kids. 

You will still laught but about other thinks.

I See all men(woman are total different here, they are already mature at 18  ) younger than 33 as little Kids. Something changed at 33 and I have lost many interests I have when I was younger. 

Edited by OBEler

My life dramatically changed direction at 34 - 36.  Changed career, got married, had my first child.  i didn't really grow up until about 45.  I'm 55 now and when I read my journals from my 20's and 30's I hardly recognize that person.