melodydanielluna

Low points with the pursuit of a life purpose

20 posts in this topic

Something I am realizing more and more as I proceed with the pursuit of my life purpose, is how there are high points and low points.

The high points come when I am inspired, when I have a new idea I'm acting on, when I'm in the flow of creating, when I am sharing that creation with the world, etc. The low points are when my day job gets in the way and I can't live out my LP as I want to, when I see a problem with my LP that I don't know how to solve, when I don't get the response I was hoping for, etc.

Lately I've had a lot of these low points.  I think it's important not to stuff my feelings down; they are here for a reason, to show me something.  I've been journaling about them, and realizing just how important my LP is to me.  Which is inspiring in and of itself.

But I am wondering: do any of you have ideas on how to deal with the low points?

I write pieces that make the reader think.

www.melodydanielluna.com

Yeah, don't take it too seriously.

One of the problems I have with the phrase "life purpose" is how serious it sounds. And it's easy to buy into it as something really important and the thing that will make us worthy. It's not.

So, by all means, ride the wave of inspiration when it comes, but let it all go when it's gone - it will come back. In other words, don't attach to it, the purpose of life is life itself, this includes the ups and the downs, it includes the times when you're working on your "life purpose" and the times when you're doing something else. Accept it all, enjoy it all.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

15 hours ago, melodydanielluna said:

But I am wondering: do any of you have ideas on how to deal with the low points?

Embrace low points.

I don´t know why but somehow the low points are just as inspiring as the high points for me, sometimes even more.

Low points let me get my foot on the gas even more, and solidify my decision to stick to it and to get stuff done.

Maybe you could recontextualize "low points", they are only low from a certain perspective.

You are living out your life purpose, so your low points are probably more powerful than many peoples so called "high points".

I love you infinitely. I will find you forever in every life time because you and me are one. You and me eternally breathing life and bluming 

That's why no one succeeds without perseverance.

There is no shortcut here. Either you will persevere or you will quit. If you quit you will never become successful.

Success is rare because most people are too weak, so they quit.

Success is for the strong.

Just like with marriage, you must commit 100%. Make quitting not even an option.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Just like with marriage, you must commit 100%. Make quitting not even an option.

@Leo GuraIs in your life's vision to get into a long term intimate relationship?

3 hours ago, Greatnestwithin said:

@Leo GuraIs in your life's vision to get into a long term intimate relationship?

We shall see

Yes, just find something else to think about or do that feels good. I recently went on a weekend retreat to start a project that's been in my head for several years. I would work on the project and then when I felt I had hit a wall I'd stop. I didn't force anything. When a question came up I'd write it down. Sometimes the answer would be there before the question was even written, but most questions I just left alone. Then I'd go walk on the beach or meditate. Watching the inspiration and ideas flow in when I wasn't resisting or forcing the project was such an astounding thing, it was just as rewarding as being in the active flow state of work. 

That's the key, stay in the flow, learn to love the downtimes as period of rest and the times you have to do something else as something that enhances, not takes away from what you're passionate about. Having an LP only makes your job more rewarding because it's not all there is for you. Let one enhance the other. Make getting inspiration for your LP at work a game. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There is no shortcut here. Either you will persevere or you will quit. If you quit you will never become successful.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Seriously underrated comment! Perseverance is everything!

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Victor frankl is a holocust survived psychologist.he says that suffering is inevitable .the only way to overcome suffering is to have a meaning.life purpose = having meaning.so with meaning u will overcome suffering.otherwise it would be difficult

U need to work 3-4 years on lifepurpose to get into flow state regularly.first 1-4 years of working for life pupose is tough and challenging and difficult.but after 3-4 years it get more satisfying and rewarding .so dont quit now.i was struggling in my first 2 years.but now things get satisfying and rewarding

On 8/21/2021 at 2:21 AM, Leo Gura said:

This should be turned into a video topic.

5 hours ago, Nobody_Here said:

This should be turned into a video topic.

Covered in the LP Course. Check it out ;)

@Leo Gura I should review the course content.  That always inspires me.

I write pieces that make the reader think.

www.melodydanielluna.com

On 8/22/2021 at 9:54 PM, Leo Gura said:

The course sounds great, but I think I have a good grasp of my life purpose, and I'm not going to drop $250 for a single video. Thank you anyway.

@melodydanielluna I just try to remind myself that it’s only temporary. Better days will come. But they only come if you commit to making it better. Just gotta ride the wavesss

22 hours ago, Nobody_Here said:

and I'm not going to drop $250 for a single video

He actually launched the video today in youtube:D

1 hour ago, Human Mint said:

He actually launched the video today in youtube:D

I was directly referring to when Leo said:

On 8/22/2021 at 9:54 PM, Leo Gura said:

I'm watching today's video right now.

12 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Be kind to yourself and don't give up :)

Best advice. Don’t fall into the trap of wanting to rush it by doing 10000 things at the time when you have an impulse.