A way to Actualize

All Personal Questions For Leo

979 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura After doing lots of consciousness work and research, would you consider yourself to be a more quality life-coach? (even though you don't do sessions anymore), and if so, what would be of greater effect - expanded  awareness or more knowledge?

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

Do you keep in touch with old friends from high school / college ?

If so what do they think about how much you've changed? 

Do you have pets, and if so what kind?  If not, ever thought of owning one?

Hi Leo, what are your thoughts on / experiences with:

1) The Akashic Records

2) Meditating on 432hz music

3) Past lives

Dear Leo,

I know you moved to USA from Russia...anyway, do you have jewish roots?

This may be too personal so you don't have to answer it. But I've always been curious. Did your family move from Russia to escape the social ails (poverty, social decay, mafia, political upheaval, etc.) that resulted after the collapse of the Soviet Union? I've heard that the early 90s was pretty rocky. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Hi Leo, 

Please consider updating your playlists on Youtube again! Thank you very much for the good work and precious shared information that I'm watching "religiously" :D ! It's a blessing!

Happy New Year to you!

Nic

Edited by Nic

Who Am I to judge? When I think I know, I don't know that I don't know.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."

What made Leo this passionate?

What has Leo done to maintain his creativity? How was it cultivated, nurtured, and sustained?

Who are Leo's top three role models?

Edited by Hunter Arrington

@Callum Milner  Thanks.  I'll have a gander.  :)

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Hey Leo, I've always wondered : have you ever studied the theosophical society ?

More in particular Helena Blavatsky ? I find her book could be very interesting but it's extremely hard to read. Do you believe there is something to learn there ? Would you eventually help us explore more Occult traditions ? Thank you very much.

Leo, this is an question for personal advice:

Do you think as a teenager I should be focusing on Life Purpose, mastering dating, money, health - you know, all the "basic" stuff or go directly for enlightenment? Currently, I'm extremely hesitant about staring that path. I keep saying to myself that there's more important shit right now. Also a part of me (maybe my ego) keeps telling me that enlightenment is bullshit, yet another fears that I might be shooting myself in the foot by refusing to be open-minded about it. Your advice would be very helpful.

@Leo Gura

would you say that your experience with meditation is more of an experience of finding inspiration, or of removing distraction?

why is it that you pursue the monk life with your ability to be mindful and find satisfaction in every moment, rather than use that power to enjoy the "lower consciousness" pleasures while at the same time exercising higher consciousness?

or is it that, you do not find an ability to be mindful during activities? or even, that finding satisfaction in every moment is something which still eludes you?

Is meditation really much different from mindfulness during activities? I understand that it is putting 100% into the activity.. but is that the only difference?

sorry if I am revealing my inexperience. I admit this is half me just wondering aloud, more so than a direct personal question, hehe. 

@Leo Gura 

How many hours a day do you spend reading, and at what time of day? Before bed? Morning? 

Leo do you have a thought on if members confuse each other? heh. if they do sometimes confuse each other, do you find it annoying sometimes - and in general, when things annoy you, does this lead you to anger? I imagine however, that you do not often see merit in an outburst due to anger or frustration. or do you? 

personally I enjoy making silly motions with my arms to release energy. in this way I am having an outburst with strong emotions, but this is not harmful to others. hehehe. I wonder if I will pursue non-intrusive means of expressing my strong feelings, or if I will end up pursuing internal methods of preventing external actions. this is under the assumption that there is a me to be external to, of course... but for the time being this is the paradigm I understand using.

Edited by aryberry

Hey, Leo.

I'm really interested in how you would respond to this. I'm someone who's not really well-versed in varied subjects, yet I'm interested in a lot of topics. I want to be broaden my perspective on life and learn some interesting stuff. What do you think are the most fascinating subjects you've ever learned about in the world, outside from the experiential, spiritual, and consciousness-related topics? If you had to come up with a list of topics of study that no one should go their lives without learning about, what would be on that list? ex. Neuroscience, Sociology, etc.

I've been meditating for a couple years now, and I've experienced some amazing benefits from it.  One thing I have been having a little trouble with is back pain.  I've heard that belly breathing is the type of breathing best suited for calming the mind.  Though, when I do this it deactivates my abdominal muscles, therefore making my lower back (and upper sometimes) start to ache.  I was instructed by a Pilates teacher that instead of using belly breathing and relaxing the abs, it would be better for my back to flex my abs and breath from just below the scapula in the back.  It feels like the big, flat muscles in your upper back are extending out and in.  I've tried this a few times.  I notice that, though my back doesn't ache, I'm putting a lot of effort into my abs.  Resulting in my mind becoming more tense.  Therefore kind of defeating the purpose of meditation for me. 

Basically, is it better to:  A) flex one's abs and then try to overcome the tension in the mind.  B)  Belly breath, but still have some pain in the back.  C)  Belly breath, but somehow still relieve the back at the same time?  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins