A way to Actualize

All Personal Questions For Leo

979 posts in this topic

@Martin123 Then we should take it upon ourselves the responsibility to move up to more advanced stages of personal development to help those in the lower stages. I believe that right now, we're still engaging in a pretty niche culture and the growth of our community (although slow) will help bring these teachings to the mainstream where it is needed the most.

How difficult would it be for you to quit self-actualization and go back to mediocre life? Would it even be possible in your level of development?

Heyyyyy Leo,

So I just started a youtube channel, but after pumping out a few videos I realized that I suck in front of the camera (no confidence, no good vocal projection,..).

My questions for you Leo is; 

I have watched your video about "Fear of public speaking" and "How to become a better communicator".

But I am curious. Besides of attending to toastmasters, did you take any coaching in particular to improve your speaking skills in front of the camera?

Do you recommend something like a voice coach? or any other kind of coach or class like improv to improv on this?

Cheers!

Do you still take a bunch of health supplements? Since your supplements video which have you stuck with, and which do you find most useful?

Hi Leo,

Do you on a regular weekly basis take any days off where you don't attempt to think about actualized.org? A day where you simply relax or do nothing for the entirety of the day?

Leo, am I right in saying that you've been to some of Peter Ralston's retreats? I'm really interested in going to the Insight and Enlightenment Workshop. Would you say that a good amount of solo contemplation/consciousness work is required before thinking about going? I'm also only 24, and from the UK. Would you say that paying nearly £2000 (workshop and flights) is worth it? I can't seem to find much info on the retreats other than on the Cheng Hsin website. Any comments would be much appreciated!

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Do you drink alcohol?

Since I turned 18 I've been quite a heavy drinker, but I'm turning that around.

Founder of The Great Updraft: Articles, Courses + More

www.thegreatupraft.com

Leo did you ever become a millionaire? From the affirmation video you posted about 2 years ago you said one of your affirmation was "I am a millionaire" so im just wondering.

Edited by Mercy

@Matt23 matt! Recently been doing the course, I'm not Leo but have a perfect book to recommend to you, the Sedona method. It will take prsctice but Sedona method can be used to completely remove any emotion. This is huge for the life purpose course! Imagine being able to remove any fears about pursuing your life purpose, also imagine being able to even remove things like resitance where you feel like "I should but don't want to do the work", or being able to let go of a belove like "it's too hard, I'm not good enough" all this is possible with the Sedona method. And it goes way deeper you can use it for anything relationships, general happiness breaking bad habits addiction etc. Definitely read this book it's phenomenal (also a five star book on Leo's book list ), just recognise that to get the real amazing results you'll need it practice, may take around four weeks to be able to see amazing results from it, the technique is simple but insanely life changing. Literally all you do is ask yourself questions.

@Leo Gura

I have an idea of something I think would be very helpful for us who are serious about the path. What if you had a section for paying members where you share more of your journey on the path. Share stuff like what you are researching, seminars you go to, people you are talking to and learning from. A place where you can discuss and share your ideas and thoughts to members who are serious and on the same path. 

Edited by Mats

@Leo GuraHow do you balance having a relationship with doing this kind of work ? I find it really hard. I feel like I have to commit  to one of them, to the exclussion of the other one.  

On 11/26/2016 at 9:39 PM, Matt23 said:

What is your view on restarting the Life Purpose Course, or any self-development process, even multiple times?

Not sure why it's necessary to restart it. Just finish it from beginning to end. And if you leave off half-way, pick it up where you left it.

Sure, you could re-visit again next year, just to refresh your memory.

But I would rather you focus that energy on reading the books, for example. They will keep taking you deeper, and should remind you of many of the things I said in the course.

On 11/26/2016 at 7:10 PM, Key Elements said:

Can you be more specific about your next major milestone?

(For example, mine is to write a book about awakenings / enlightenment experiences in two languages to influence someone like Trump. ;))

Actually, right now I'm finding my growth is so fast, I cannot predict where it will go.

Maybe I'll go live in a cave next month.

Maybe I'll create a new course.

Maybe I'll decide to kill myself.

I'm open to all of it. Cause the illusion of control is becoming pretty obvious now. I'm not in control of Leo. I'm becoming less plan-oriented as I grow.

On 11/26/2016 at 10:10 PM, Matt23 said:

Is there any book that you'd recommend to read first when first starting the Life Purpose Course?  

Also, what's your view on pacing during the life purpose journey?

I listed the books in rough order of importance. If you haven't read Mastery cover to cover at least twice, you definitely should.

On 11/27/2016 at 3:21 AM, Extreme Z7 said:

Your work on Actualized.org has been extremely positively life-transforming for me and I want you to know that. Leaving Actualized.org or not, I still want to give a huge thanks despite still being new to the path.

P.S.
I have only but one request to make and that's to not leave Actualized.org too early. Probably best you wait for the right time because some of us are still trying to get a grip of things and the videos are a great help.

Thanks, hug back at ya :)

We'll see. I don't know where this path will take me.

On 11/27/2016 at 7:27 AM, Eyal Bor said:

@Leo Gura How happy do you consider yourself? 

Do you think is possible for people to be truly happy without persuing truth? Can it be for someone to have a different model of happiness where he is completely content just having a normal,  comfortable life?

If happiness is not a destination how can someone be truly happy without being enlightened? If we can be truly happy without being enlightened, why  persue enlightenment? Is there even such thing of true happiness?

**If you can't answer all of them, just go for the first one.

How can I quantify my happiness for you?

No, you cannot be happy without Truth. If you ever awaken, you will instantly understand why. The mechanism is much deeper than merely "my model of happiness" vs "your model of happiness". True happiness is outside all models.

Yes, there is such a thing as True happiness. It's the annihilation of YOU.

On 11/27/2016 at 8:48 AM, QandC said:

Do you still face doubts (or "threshold guardians") with your Life Purpose, or have you already reached your holy grail? 

My life purpose has evolved into embodying Truth. My grail is literally HOLY!

On 11/27/2016 at 10:26 AM, Max Regan said:

How difficult would it be for you to quit self-actualization and go back to mediocre life? Would it even be possible in your level of development?

It's not really a "thing" that one can quit. It's interwoven in my consciousness and understanding of reality.

I'm definitely past the point of no return as far as enlightenment goes. There's no way I will give up on mastery of enlightenment.

On 11/27/2016 at 5:40 PM, bushido1 said:

Heyyyyy Leo,

So I just started a youtube channel, but after pumping out a few videos I realized that I suck in front of the camera (no confidence, no good vocal projection,..).

My questions for you Leo is; 

I have watched your video about "Fear of public speaking" and "How to become a better communicator".

But I am curious. Besides of attending to toastmasters, did you take any coaching in particular to improve your speaking skills in front of the camera?

Do you recommend something like a voice coach? or any other kind of coach or class like improv to improv on this?

Cheers!

No, I took no coaching.

I have done a bit of improv. It's great. Although its not like it will teach you have to shoot great Youtube videos. Those are separate skills.

You basically just gotta spend 100s of hours speaking in front of a camera.

On 11/27/2016 at 7:23 PM, Joel3102 said:

Do you still take a bunch of health supplements? Since your supplements video which have you stuck with, and which do you find most useful?

I take a lot less than I used to.

These days I take specific supplements that I've identified I'm lacking, or that I need for detox purposes.

The most useful ones are the ones your body needs. Get comprehensive bloodwork done, and then you'll know. And you need to experiment with your own body. My body ain't your body.

On 11/28/2016 at 0:09 PM, JustinS said:

Hi Leo,

Do you on a regular weekly basis take any days off where you don't attempt to think about actualized.org? A day where you simply relax or do nothing for the entirety of the day?

Very rarely. It's hard to do that when you run a business of any kind.

On 11/29/2016 at 9:33 AM, Reality said:

Leo, am I right in saying that you've been to some of Peter Ralston's retreats? I'm really interested in going to the Insight and Enlightenment Workshop. Would you say that a good amount of solo contemplation/consciousness work is required before thinking about going? I'm also only 24, and from the UK. Would you say that paying nearly £2000 (workshop and flights) is worth it? I can't seem to find much info on the retreats other than on the Cheng Hsin website. Any comments would be much appreciated!

You don't need any prep to do a retreat. Just go with an open mind.

I've found that $2000 for a retreat -- any quality retreat -- is worth it. But that's me. I probably have more money to spend than you.

On 12/2/2016 at 5:06 PM, RossE said:

Do you drink alcohol?

Since I turned 18 I've been quite a heavy drinker, but I'm turning that around.

No, seems silly to me.

On 12/2/2016 at 10:19 PM, Kserkkj said:

@Leo Gura How many hours a day do you meditate on average now? Not during retreats.

About 2 hours.

On 12/2/2016 at 10:23 PM, Mercy said:

Leo did you ever become a millionaire? From the affirmation video you posted about 2 years ago you said one of your affirmation was "I am a millionaire" so im just wondering.

Not yet

It's really not an important goal for me. It will happen on its own.

On 12/4/2016 at 9:53 AM, Mats said:

@Leo Gura

I have an idea of something I think would be very helpful for us who are serious about the path. What if you had a section for paying members where you share more of your journey on the path. Share stuff like what you are researching, seminars you go to, people you are talking to and learning from. A place where you can discuss and share your ideas and thoughts to members who are serious and on the same path. 

Yeah, I've been thinking along those lines. I will be releasing a resource list which will scratch that itch.

As far as shooting more videos, that's a tricky commitment to make.

On 12/4/2016 at 5:56 PM, JL said:

Do some members irritate you so much you want to block them from this forum? 

Or is this a lower consciousness feeling? 

If they're being manipulative spammers or self-promoting, I will ban them. But that's quite rare.

On 12/6/2016 at 6:30 AM, FeelFree said:

Do you think that robots can ever acquire consciousness?

Very tricky issue. It's probably possible, but we're nowhere close to that I would guess.

And it's not that they would acquire consciousness. Reality IS consciousness. Consciousness is not something one acquires. It's what reality is. The question you're asking is whether robots can acquire sentience or ego.

2 hours ago, Irina Irina said:

@Leo GuraHow do you balance having a relationship with doing this kind of work ? I find it really hard. I feel like I have to commit  to one of them, to the exclussion of the other one.  

Yes, it's hard. Then again, sustaining a relationship without doing this work is even harder!

Think about scaling back how much time you waste in your relationships. Perhaps try to keep your interactions shorter and less often, but higher quality. For example, don't be sleeping every day together. Maybe once or twice per week tops.

1 hour ago, Snick said:

Leo,  I feel like I had a lot in common with the "old" Leo (Leo before psycadelics) 

Also the background, I have a master of science in mechanical engineering and I read philosophy for fun and curiosity reasons in my sparetime! 

From my perspective, even though I know of your sceptical nature, I find it hard accept the new certainty you offer us now! 

Everything and nothing coexist, and is all one, and is infinite and is God! Thats it! No hesitation or arguing on that one!

This is no critique!

But It's interesting that the very sceptical old Leo is now the most certain new Leo! 

Imagine Leo version 2011, would he viewed todays Leo with any confusion? Or do you think he would buy your "all-is-God" thing? 

The reason for my question is that I like to know how close I can come to your understanding, without doing drugs. Drugs are not an alternativ for me at the moment! 

That's good. That means Leo is changing.

In a few years, you will not recognize me at all. And many of you will of course justify that as "Finally, Leo has lost it." That's how it must be. High consciousness doesn't look like high consciousness from the low consciousness perspective, it looks like lower consciousness! OF COURSE! That's the only way low consciousness can persist! So I will be demonized more and more as I develop. That's part of my lot. You'll be demonized too if you make any drastic enough leap in consciousness.

The old Leo couldn't even fathom what God is. Neither do you.

You can come to a complete understanding. But the cost is a total annihilation of yourself. If you are squeamish about doing psychedelics, you're not nearly openminded enough to achieve this annihilation on your own. The degree of openmindedness required is ABSOLUTE!

If you ever awaken from life, you will understand why there is no hesitation. Everything you think of as "life" and everything you value as highest "knowledge" is but a dream.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Would you shed some light on your personal process of making videos? I'm not asking for a step by step answer, I'd just enjoy to know more about how you make your weekly craft. I'm very curious of getting an idea of it to see how your mind works around it. Thanks! 

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Actually, right now I'm finding my growth is so fast, I cannot predict where it will go.

1. Maybe I'll go live in a cave next month.

2. Maybe I'll create a new course.

3. Maybe I'll decide to kill myself.

I'm open to all of it. Cause the illusion of control is becoming pretty obvious now. I'm not in control of Leo. I'm becoming less plan-oriented as I grow.

Be careful with doing #1 and #3. Monks/gurus/sages do those things for a good reason. They could make sacrifices for someone else or for the world.

I understand that we live in a non-duel reality. Our thoughts are coming from nothingness - that we are just a "program." There is no "you." Yes, I get all that. The thing is, the opposite is also true, right? That's why they call it paradox. We don't live in a black and white world; we live in a gray one. It's not so easy to say that it's completely non-duel/no free-will when there is paradox. You (we) could at least plan your (our) next milestone. If it doesn't work out, that's ok too.

So, how do you explain paradoxes? Non-duel verses duel? Ego verses fictional ego? Free-will verses no free-will? What is the paradox of no free-will? Surely, we have a drop of free-will, no? It's because of paradoxes. If not, what's the point of us seeing this duel awareness we call earth?

2 hours ago, Paul EMD said:

@Leo Gura Would you shed some light on your personal process of making videos? I'm not asking for a step by step answer, I'd just enjoy to know more about how you make your weekly craft. I'm very curious of getting an idea of it to see how your mind works around it. Thanks! 

Hmmmm... You mean reveal the secret sauce? ;)

16 minutes ago, Key Elements said:

Be careful with doing #1 and #3. Monks/gurus/sages do those things for a good reason. They could make sacrifices for someone else or for the world.

I understand that we live in a non-duel reality. Our thoughts are coming from nothingness - that we are just a "program." There is no "you." Yes, I get all that. The thing is, the opposite is also true, right? That's why they call it paradox. We don't live in a black and white world; we live in a gray one. It's not so easy to say that it's completely non-duel/no free-will when there is paradox. You (we) could at least plan your (our) next milestone. If it doesn't work out, that's ok too.

So, how do you explain paradoxes? Non-duel verses duel? Ego verses fictional ego? Free-will verses no free-will? What is the paradox of no free-will? Surely, we have a drop of free-will, no? It's because of paradoxes. If not, what's the point of us seeing this duel awareness we call earth?

How do I explain it?

ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY! ABSOLUTE INFINITY!

@Leo Gura

Yes Leo, I get your point. I saw your 5meo clip. What I'm saying is the paradox of that. Why do we even have to come back down to earth to experience this "duel earth awareness," even though it's fictional and it doesn't actually exist? Surely, there must be a good reason. Otherwise, it wouldn't be here. I'm talking about the paradox of what you said.

Edited by Key Elements

@Key Elements Discover infinity for yourself, and then you tell me.

And get a move on it! Life is ticking away ;)