A way to Actualize

All Personal Questions For Leo

979 posts in this topic

Leo you are  big on having cause and purpose in life and helping people find these. I'm finding what you have to say about this very helpful. Nobody wants to go through life caught up in petty low paid meaningless work. However, I can't help but think if everyone was to have some amazing fulfilling work that is their life purpose then who is going to do all the very tedious menial jobs that need doing?   They still have to be done by someone. There is garbage collection, cleaning etc etc..  These jobs may be seen by some as petty and mediocre but they are actually very important jobs that need to be done. Without them we would live in chaotic filth.   Is it really realistic that everyone should have meaningful fulfilling work? What about people born into lower castes in India for example. They have absolutely no hope of ever doing anything but the work nobody else wants to do.

Wisdom is settling in and experiencing reality in the moment.

If a newbie came to you now, with relationships problems. Would you still recommend cold approach pick up? 

The Delphic Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone of all the Greeks know that I know nothing.

-Socrates

@Leo Gura What are your thoughts on the US election-results? Are you optimistic about the relationship between "your" countries (US and Russa - Trump and Putin)?

:D

At some point in the video about Responsibility vs Blame you talk about 'letting go' of responsibility again, because of doing conscious -and enlightenment work. So my question...at 32:45 you say :

Taking 100% responsibility...this principle...i think that if you honestly really look at it, then you have to say that it's probably not totally true.

After two years of evolving...doing conscious and enlightenment work, what is your opinion on this statement? I know i'm taking you on your words here, but this is not intended as an 'attack'. I think it's one of your best videos. I'm just wondering if i'm on the wrong track, or stuck in a fase because the more conscious work i do, and the more i become aware of my own, previously unconscious, beliefs and processes, the more i realize how shockingly true this principle is.

Thanks!

Edited by David1

What does your meditation habit look like Leo?

2x30 mins or 1x60 mins daily?

What is your workout routine?

Edited by Schulzy

@Leo Gura

I know a lot of us are trying to bridge the gap between where we are in life to where we want to be. Gaining financial freedom isn't that hard, but it won't fulfill you - money doesn't buy happiness.

Incorporating spirituality along with your startup, actualized.org, has no ending to it in what you are trying to bring out in real life.

Questions: when will you feel is your next milestone? What will you have to bring out in real life to consider it your milestone?

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 2:16 AM, Leo Gura said:

Not knowing about enlightenment in college.

Hey Leo - a reply to an old comment here :D

Someone asked you what your biggest regret is.

How would you have lived your life differently HAD you known about it in college?

My question is mostly aimed at subject choices - would you still have done philosophy? Would you have chosen a different subject, like science or language? Would you have gone to uni at all?

Edited by oysterman
expanding my point

On 8/25/2016 at 5:56 AM, Tancrede Pouyat said:

How do you handle a long distance relationship ?

They don't tend to work out.

On 8/25/2016 at 7:50 AM, Frogfucius said:

Have you had any more 'hair of the ox's tail' experiences since your initial one? Did that experience trip up your ego in any way since then? Meaning, since you've got a taste, have you yearned for more of it, which has only held you back in any way? Thanks for sharing your insights.

I have, if you count my psychedelic-induced experiences.

On 8/25/2016 at 9:20 AM, LightOfTheEarth said:

What are your views on vaccinations?

I haven't researched the matter, so I don't know.

On 8/25/2016 at 3:36 PM, Extreme Z7 said:

@Leo GuraWhat do you think about politics? Is it important in one's life to know current political events?

Personally, I've never gotten interested in the news on politics. I'm slightly interested in studying what's it's all about and sometimes the psychology that comes into play among politicians can be fun to learn about. But what about the actual political events? Sometimes I worry that I'm being an ignoramus for not following it.

They can be a huge waste of time and energy. Although it's good to at least know the basics.

On 8/25/2016 at 4:06 PM, art said:

I have a desire to inspire my friends and family to be into consciousness work/personal development,. Any tips on a kick-in-the-ass strategy to get them see the value? What video of yours should I send them? :D

Do it yourself. Lead from the front and don't worry about inspiring them to change. That's very difficult.

On 8/28/2016 at 8:18 AM, Abhijeeth said:

@Leo Gura    At your high school days, you thought your passion is video gaming ? Why isn't it your life purpose ?

I find this important to me because I am in high school.

It's too shallow. I want to invest my time and energy into something more profound.

On 8/28/2016 at 9:44 AM, Markus said:

How's the enlightenment documentary coming along?

Slowly. Not my main focus right now.

On 8/28/2016 at 10:34 PM, Pallero said:

Do you do life-planning, time-management stuff, scheduling, to do lists et cetera? (I'm assuming that you have to.) Was it hard for you to learn or are you a natural organizator? How does it relate to enlightenment? Do they go together naturally?

I have been doing less and less scheduling lately. I've learned that I'm most creative when least scheduled. I used to create many to-do lists and timelines, but they don't suite my personality type and make me feel disconnected from life.

On 8/29/2016 at 2:34 AM, Flo said:

What is/was the most beneficial habit you do/did besides Meditation/Enligthenment/Self-Inquiry ?

Reprogramming my subconscious mind, which I will be creating a course about since its complicated.

On 8/29/2016 at 5:43 AM, stevegan928 said:

@Leo Gura earlier in the thread you said it would probably take 10-20 years to master the field of enlightenment. were you talking about being super enlightened like the Buddha? or just like a baseline permanent realization of non-duality and the authentic self? because i remember in older videos you said enlightenment could possibly be achieved in a short amount of time (like a year or two or even months) if you use the right techniques and dedicate all waking hours to consciousness work.   

10-20 years is for a deep mastery and embodiment of the realizations.

On 8/31/2016 at 1:51 PM, Juan Cruz Giusto said:

Have you seen the Zeitgeist trilogy? If yes, what do you think about it? 

No

On 8/31/2016 at 10:08 PM, selva said:

@Leo Gurahow to get my illusion mind to reality.My mind is full of illusion and fantasy thoughts ,not related to reality. Its hard for me to do things in reality.How to overcome this.

Do the the work that all my videos are pointing to.

On 9/3/2016 at 6:43 AM, GuiOS said:

Leo, have you ever heard about Lucid Dreams? I'm reading a book called "Exploring The World Of Lucid Dreaming" and the author Stephen Laberge, say that Lucid Dreaming skill can be used as a tool to self development. Right now I'm trying this aproach, what do you think about it?

It's a legit tool. Haven't had time to delve into it but I want to.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 9/4/2016 at 8:18 AM, Dragallur said:

@Mikey I do not think that Leo wants to have any kind of mysticism around him. Also I think that he does not think that astral projection is a real thing though I might be wrong. It is not proven as far as I know. Also I do not think that these things are everything to him, where did you find this?

Astral projection IS definitely a real thing. Not sure what significance it has exactly, but you can definitely train yourself to do it.

On 9/11/2016 at 0:54 PM, Grant6 said:

From one of your videos you talked about how after you got your business at a stable place, you were able to work on getting better with women, how was that whole journey for you and what kind of challenges did you face (inner and external)? What were the most valuable life lessons or wisdom that you gained from the whole experience? And what kind of things do you look for in a girlfriend/what kind of things immediately turn you off? And do you prefer certain girls (tall, short, white, long hair, etc.)?

That would take a long time to answer.

On 9/12/2016 at 4:03 AM, LifeLife said:

Where do you get all your information from spiral dynamics and maslows heirachy of needs? is there a book the founders of those ideas published?

Where did you get your info :) 

I have the best books listed in my book list.

On 10/4/2016 at 10:54 PM, Azrael said:

@Leo Gura You said in former videos that you are personally more kind of atheistic, critical about this whole afterlife debate and most of the time come across like "You have this one chance with life". Did and if how did your 5-MeO-DMT experiences changed your view on that? Do you now completely let go of an aftermath theory at all because one can just not fathom the complexity of it all? What are your thoughts on that?

After I experienced Absolute Infinity, I'm much more open about that. Life is basically an illusion. I wouldn't be too surprised if consciousness is "recycled" or there is an afterlife that's totally beyond our comprehension.

On 10/17/2016 at 5:55 PM, Emerald Wilkins said:

@Leo Gura Do you plan on doing any more videos related to psychedelics anytime soon, or are the informational videos that you already have on your channel all you plan to post for now?

Yes, many more videos on psychedelics. There is much to say about them.

On 10/18/2016 at 4:55 AM, Xpansion said:

Leo you are  big on having cause and purpose in life and helping people find these. I'm finding what you have to say about this very helpful. Nobody wants to go through life caught up in petty low paid meaningless work. However, I can't help but think if everyone was to have some amazing fulfilling work that is their life purpose then who is going to do all the very tedious menial jobs that need doing?   They still have to be done by someone. There is garbage collection, cleaning etc etc..  These jobs may be seen by some as petty and mediocre but they are actually very important jobs that need to be done. Without them we would live in chaotic filth.   Is it really realistic that everyone should have meaningful fulfilling work? What about people born into lower castes in India for example. They have absolutely no hope of ever doing anything but the work nobody else wants to do.

The reality is that not even 0.01% of the world's population will successfully live out their life purpose at this point in history because they are too unconscious. So it's not a problem on the practical level. Theoretically, yes, it's a problem.

On 10/26/2016 at 3:33 AM, FeelFree said:

What is your opinion on D. Trump?

Should be obvious ;)

On 11/13/2016 at 2:09 PM, John said:

If a newbie came to you now, with relationships problems. Would you still recommend cold approach pick up? 

Not for relationship problems. Only for attraction problems, and even then, only with many warnings and qualifications.

On 11/13/2016 at 6:07 PM, TeenVisionary98 said:

How do you take notes on the books you read? 

I want to make a small course about that. To teach you the full technique.

On 11/14/2016 at 10:21 AM, art said:

@Leo Gura What are your thoughts on the US election-results? Are you optimistic about the relationship between "your" countries (US and Russa - Trump and Putin)?

:D

A step backwards for consciousness. But not too surprising, as Trump reflects the materialistic stage Orange consciousness of most of America.

On 11/14/2016 at 0:45 PM, David1 said:

At some point in the video about Responsibility vs Blame you talk about 'letting go' of responsibility again, because of doing conscious -and enlightenment work. So my question...at 32:45 you say :

After two years of evolving...doing conscious and enlightenment work, what is your opinion on this statement? I know i'm taking you on your words here, but this is not intended as an 'attack'. I think it's one of your best videos. I'm just wondering if i'm on the wrong track, or stuck in a fase because the more conscious work i do, and the more i become aware of my own, previously unconscious, beliefs and processes, the more i realize how shockingly true this principle is.

Thanks!

The more consciousness work you do, the more you will realize how shockingly little responsibility you take for your life. All of your emotional reactions and your suffering is basically a manipulation to avoid taking full responsibility for your life. It goes way deeper than you ever suspected.

On 11/14/2016 at 3:26 PM, Path said:

What does your meditation habit look like Leo?

2x30 mins or 1x60 mins daily?

Typically I do at least 2 60-mins sits per day. Sometimes more. Rarely less.

On 11/15/2016 at 3:04 AM, Schulzy said:

What is your workout routine?

Right now, none. I got tired of working out.

On 11/17/2016 at 4:22 AM, Key Elements said:

@Leo Gura

I know a lot of us are trying to bridge the gap between where we are in life to where we want to be. Gaining financial freedom isn't that hard, but it won't fulfill you - money doesn't buy happiness.

Incorporating spirituality along with your startup, actualized.org, has no ending to it in what you are trying to bring out in real life.

Questions: when will you feel is your next milestone? What will you have to bring out in real life to consider it your milestone?

Not sure what you're asking, but I already know next several milestones.

27 minutes ago, oysterman said:

Hey Leo - a reply to an old comment here :D

Someone asked you what your biggest regret is.

How would you have lived your life differently HAD you known about it in college?

My question is mostly aimed at subject choices - would you still have done philosophy? Would you have chosen a different subject, like science or language? Would you have gone to uni at all?

If I could re-live my entire life, I almost wish I had the courage not to go to school or university at all. I'm discovering now how terribly damaging they were on my psyche. But in some ways that's wishful thinking because the most important thing I did get from it was my thirst for understanding and self-education. Assuming I had the time and resources to educate myself instead of going to college, I would definitely select that. But this probably won't work for most people.

@Leo Gura How do you prevent your ego from biting you in the ass, now that you are 

an "enlightment celebrity/Guru" and people look up to you? Have you had any issues with that in the past?

@Franz I'm not an enlightened celebrity or guru. I'm just a dude doing his work.

I've never taken social status seriously.

What's been the "worst" and most challenging part of pursuing enlightenment for you so far? Do you plan to shoot videos on trauma?

Hallå

5 minutes ago, Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj said:

What's been the "worst" and most challenging part of pursuing enlightenment for you so far? Do you plan to shoot videos on trauma?

Giving up Actualized.org and the pursuit of success. Actualized.org would have been a lot more successful had I not pursued enlightenment.

What do you mean by trauma?

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Giving up Actualized.org and the pursuit of success. Actualized.org would have been a lot more successful had I not pursued enlightenment.

What do you mean by trauma?

Experiences from the past that is limiting your ability to function. Stuff like shaming, blaming, feeling unworthy, beeing supressed etc. Shadow work.

Edited by Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj

Hallå

@Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj I'm definitely gonna talk about shadow work.

And I have discovered a powerful new technology that can erase trauma without any analysis or intervention by the mind. Because psycho-therapy-type approaches tend to be very inefficient.

I'll be talking about it soon.

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj I'm definitely gonna talk about shadow work.

And I have discovered a powerful new technology that can erase trauma without any analysis or intervention by the mind. Because psycho-therapy-type approaches tend to be very inefficient.

I'll be talking about it soon.

Is it a psychedelic?