A way to Actualize

All Personal Questions For Leo

979 posts in this topic

Do you like to eat spicy nachos with cheese dip or cheesy nachos with spicy dip?-_-

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

You mentioned shooting videos in the future about other systems or models, especially ones that cover spirituality and mysticism. So, will you perhaps shoot one on the 10 Ox-herding Pictures? That’d be really quite interesting!:)

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

Leo, how does your usual day look like? I know you dislike routines, but gimme a general overview. 

Hello ! I have a few and try to keep them simple

Yes/No

1. Have your eyes change color from blue to green ? ( Based on observation from older to newer videos )
  2. Have you listened to Black Metal when you were an atheist ?
  3. Have you considered the importance of good use of Sacred Geometry in multiple disciplines ?

One word answer

• Horde / Alliance ?
  • What Science Fiction/Fantasy character you empathized with most ?
  • What is alien : thought or materialB|
  • Do you think thoughtfully applied Artificial Intelligence will destroy the world or humans will do that job in their blindness ?
Edited by Xenomorf
wrong choice of word sorry

How much of the things you teach do you actually embody (in percentage) and how difficult is in this day and age (in a full orange/greenish capitalistic culture) to master all the remaining % left? Do you suffer when you get conscious about your contradictions?

Example:

From what i think i've learned so far of actualized.org in these 4 years is property doesn't exist especially intellectual property since it's connected to the real self and yet let's say you advertise your booklist as a "product" for sale which i find unnecessary to say the least, but understandeble if we put the proper context into it.

What will you do now when you are enlightened?

Why the lack of videos on Life Purpose?  You’ve got this great LP Course that you don't even bother to promote.  Life Purpose is just as important to Personal Development as Enlightenment and Conceptual Understanding are.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Do you get recognized as a public figure when you go out in public (grocery store, airport, etc)?

It remains a mystery to me how you are not a regular on the JRE podcast. 

Would love to see one with yourself, Joe and the great man Duncan Trussel. 

Leo how do you take notes when reading books? Sometimes I take meticulous notes and it seems like I am wasting time taking notes. Like it would take me like an additional 6 hours of taking notes and organizing them. They're not even summaries at times and mostly copy pasting.

Do you paraphrase? I know you didn't want to share through your Youtube video but I have thought about this a lot and don't know what to do about it. I would really appreciate if you could link the first OneNote video (that you deleted) and if you could respond to this text.

I really am not trying to copy you. If your method works well I don't understand why I wouldn't use it. I want to compare I guess.

I want to be efficient and focus my time on actually learning. I am not sure if I should be reading physical books even. I can export notes when e-reading and I can work on them on oneNote. But I am wondering if even I should copy things. 

Sometimes the notes are really really long and I don't know what to do about it. It feels like such a struggle to go through the notes.

What do you think? What works and why? How do you balance "studying" and note taking. It seems like an infinite struggle.

I would greatly appreciate you taking the time to answer this as this is an endeavor that I would spend hours and hours and hours doing. Your help could really make a serious difference. I am sure others can benefit too.

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

@Leo Gura What is your general life situation and living situation? Are you living with anyone? What activities and hobbies do you do? How many hours a day do you spend working, and what things are constituted as working for you? Outside of actualized.org, what activities do you do(e.g. Sports, exercise, meeting with friends/family, playing chess, reading for fun, television and etc). I'm just generally curious about what the life of Leo looks like. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

On 2/11/2016 at 5:44 AM, Leo Gura said:

2) All-out focused on learning, and planning my future career in video game design.

What would you recommend to watch or read regarding game design? and where to start? 

On 17/11/2017 at 8:12 AM, Leo Gura said:

It varies. I experiment with my diet a lot. Every quarter it tends to be different.

What is it nowadays? Do you think the vegan diet might be unhealthy?

Personal question to @Leo Gura or perhaps a video request on Resting / Relaxing at night and Weekends. 

I am an Entrepreneur and the recommended mantra seems to work twice as hard.  I no longer know if one should do something fun or relax before sleep and on weekends? Does the body need (non-sleep) breaks or is it just "resistance"?  A guru once said, "the body knows no sunday nor christmas" , suggesting weekends are self-set limitations.

I find it hard to follow "the do nothing technique" at night when I am tired and lean towards whiskey or junk TV which I know are bad. 

1) Do you relax before you go to bed and on weekends and doing what?  2) Can you please suggest the optimal ways and time-allocation for relaxing?

Has Leo ever actually answered any of your questions on this thread? I've looked through a few pages on this thread, tho not all 996 posts. I guess I'm curious why you all keep asking, if he's not responding? He seems to be very clear in not wanting to discuss his personal life. Because he doesn't want people idealizing him and making the teachings about him. So yeah, I guess I don't see the point in continuing to ask a thousand personal questions, if he isn't answering them.