A way to Actualize

All Personal Questions For Leo

979 posts in this topic

On 2/27/2018 at 0:14 AM, MarkusSweden said:

Leo, this makes you so fascinating to me. This proves that there is an opposite side to everything. 

Tell me one person in the world that digs up truths so consistently as you. Who are brave and finds out everything for yourself. You even see trough the science paradigm in very young age although you are very conceptual minded, that take both courage and genius. In short, there is probably not a person in the world that is as dedicated and successful to dig up absolute truths as you Leo. 

And at the very same time you are almost a retard when it comes to some relative truths, like evaluating news. Even the most average joe out there sees through all the bullshit and biased news of CNN and MSNBC. You don't even have to listening to the 100% biased crap they broadcast, you know just by looking at them, the ego and self-absorbed lust and drive for success and power shines in their auras. 

But everyone has blind spots, that's how it suppose to be! :) 

Be careful with your projections, worldviews, and arrogance.

What you should be concerned with is your own biases.

On 2/27/2018 at 0:26 PM, Key Elements said:

@Leo Gura Do you feel that becoming an entrepreneur / philanthropist is a necessary stage to go through in life? 

You said that you wanted to become a sage. Do you also want to become a sage / philanthropist? 

(Btw, on your Christmas video or maybe it was your blog video, you said to buy out all the YT channels to make it high conscious channels. It was around the part where you mentioned Bill Gates. So, both the answers are: yes, correct?

:))

Nothing is necessary. People can live very different lives. There is no right or wrong way to live.

Sage yes, philanthropist no.

I never said to buy out all YT channels. I said that billionaires like Bill Gates could invest money into making media more conscious.

On 2/27/2018 at 2:25 PM, Solace said:

What do you think of Matt Kahn's approach to spirituality to love whatever arises in each moment? Why not instead of meditating, you focused on opening your heart chakra by fully embodying this practice (which he has said many times is the most direct path to an abiding awakening)? What is keeping you on this path in particular of meditation and self-inquiry?

It's great.

But opening your heart chakra will not be enough. You must contemplate and investigate what the TRUTH is.

I am all for practicing unconditional love. But that has very little chance of awakening you. You must tackle problem from multiple angles. By all means open your heart chakra, but also inquire into what is TRUE and practice meditation, and more.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura It must've been hard for you that your parents got divorced . I see a lot children who couldn't recover from that .

How did you react to that as a child? did it take long before you got over it?

@sarapr My parents never got divorced. Careful with your assumptions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, sarapr said:

@Leo Gura It must've been hard for you that your parents got divorced . I see a lot children who couldn't recover from that .

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

People love gossip and rumours, even here at Actualized.org and even though they are 100% false. 

That's human species in a nutshell. :) 

Hey, Leo, I've heard you had intercourse with your brother growing up, how was that? ;) 

@sarapr Parents staying together is not that important, that's a myth. Children need grownup role models be it parents or other adults, doesn't matter that much. 

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Wow so interesting that I thought they did, now I can see the projecting I do on people . I should be more careful in the future .   

2 minutes ago, sarapr said:

Wow so interesting that I thought they did, now I can see the projecting I do on people . I should be more careful in the future .   

You didn't even read it anywhere? 

You just assumed it out of thin air? 

Wow, that's unbelievable! 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

23 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

You didn't even read it anywhere? 

You just assumed it out of thin air? 

Wow, that's unbelievable! 

It wasn't that much of a thin air though . he said sth about it once and I just assumed well then they must've gotten divorced but clearly that's not the case .

PS: I checked again and he did say they were separated so I guess getting divorced is not the same as separating . it was a case of not proper word usage.

Edited by sarapr

@Leo Gura Have you ever fantasized (or at least thought about) what it would be like if your work and teachings became part of (or at least mentioned in) future academic curriculum.

On 28/02/2018 at 7:51 PM, Leo Gura said:

Nothing is necessary. People can live very different lives. There is no right or wrong way to live.

Sage yes, philanthropist no.

I never said to buy out all YT channels. I said that billionaires like Bill Gates could invest money into making media more conscious.

Yes, that's right Leo; nothing is necessary. It's all up to you and what you feel is right.

However, I noticed something. It's the reason why I brought up this question. The sages/saints/gurus/monks/etc who became entrepreneurs and then finally philanthropists and beyond seem to be much more independent and less needy. I have seen a monk (and heard of monks) who did not go through this this phase, and they were not independent. When it came time to go to the hospital for something serious (like a heart attack), they had to depend on their followers raising money for them. The monk I knew didn't go to a very good hospital.

Connections (during any networking) to well-qualified & trustworthy ppl are also important for a life of abundance. It's for your advantage as a sage (or whatever you become). It's not just about money and capitalism.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think in one of your enlightenment clips, you recommended the "middle path." You mentioned this. To me, the "middle path" means, if the person doesn't skip any stages, there is less suffering and more opportunities to help others. Unless, of course, you could tolerate the suffering. (Eg. Someone you mentioned in one of your enlightenment clip, who is enlightened, going to the dentist, dentist gave him a root canal and he refused to use novicane. Dentist thought he was trying to be macho. :))

-If you have any more thoughts on the "middle path," please let us know.

-That’s why I thought you also wanted to become a sage/philanthropist. It's because you didn't want to skip it. It's an important stage to go through after becoming entrepreneur. Also, because of this clip:

(Basically, what I'm saying here is, if you skip stages in life, and/or not learn the lessons presented to you in life, you may have to endure a lot of suffering. Unless, you are able to say, "I am the pain!" Because you don't let your earthly/fictional ego bother you. You may even rid yourself of karma if you become a philanthropist along the way.)

@MarkusSweden haha! I was thinking the same thing. Making assumptions like that are why the majority of people are so dysfunctional. We need to get the facts before we say things like that xD

If you would find yourself deeply clinically depressed and you'd have that same knowledge that you currently have. What would be your strategy out from it?

@Leo Gura I'm sorry to hear that about your cat leo, one more question: what's the longest you could do strong sitting meditation?

On 01/03/2018 at 9:43 AM, sarapr said:

My parents are divorced and i never cared...one bit. I like staying with my dad

How important it was to your self-development journey the fact that you lived most of your first infancy in a place like Russia and experience -- I suppose -- a culture shock when you went to the US? How did that experience grow you?

Those are other questions are less important:

Do you have a fetiche for touristy places? Las Vegas, Hawaii…

Why is your name in red? I mean, I am not against that, but if you take into account the reasons why you took out the liking system, then I see no reason why your name is specifically in red, after all, isn't that a way to differentiate you, which can be food for the ego? 

[But I myself am in favor of the returnal of the upvotes. People do whatever they want. Milton Friedman sorta thing. And it should also be added new features Hahahaha… Dunno, maybe we -- as a collective -- are not ready to get those treats, and we will fucking misuse them...]

How do you shave your head? (it’s pretty good)

Are you taking our candy away forever? (the upvotes) :P 

@Leo Gura Would you be willing to share what gear you use to record videos (as in the microphone you use, camera, lights etc.)? The quality of your videos is just insane right now. The image is so crisp, the color is perfect, and the audio as well.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

@Leo Gura Hi Leo, just curious if you found a way to deal with your sluggish thyroid. I have the same issue and have always been curious about the root cause - it's an autoimmune disease which pretty much means you are attacking your own body. I wonder if it has anything to do with self body image etc. Any thoughts? 

What do you think is your most overlooked episode that people are missing?

Leo, I've been following your blog for nearly a year. I've read many of the paradigm shattering books in your list and experienced certain . . . unbelievable things first hand. I'm sure I'll commit, but I could use a faster way to get through it.

All this just makes me feel crazy. I've been doing self inquiry for nearly a year and it's gotten a lot better than before. But it's still there. I can't stand the thought that I could lose credibility. I can't stand the thought of being insane. I can't stand the thought of having to hide certain things sometimes.

What can I do?

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates