A way to Actualize

All Personal Questions For Leo

979 posts in this topic

One video that is conspicuously missing from the video arsenal is one on shadow work.  

On 12/10/2017 at 0:50 PM, Max_V said:

Do you have an every day practice of yoga ? If so, what type of yoga do you practice and what yoga do you recommend for people interested in consciousness-work?

Thanks 

No, not right now. Short on time. But I plan to start one in the future.

I like Kriya yoga, but I'm no expert on yoga.

On 12/10/2017 at 0:52 PM, art said:

Follow-up question to my questions:

Have you fulfilled your utmost sexual desire, or is it something you plan to do in the future?

Not a big priority in my life.

On 12/10/2017 at 0:55 PM, art said:

5. Have your orgasm and pleasure during intercourse increased after becoming more conscious? Does sex feel greater?

Not really. That would be something which would require dedicated work which isn't high on my list of priorities.

On 12/10/2017 at 1:08 PM, egoless said:

@Leo Gura What's you current view on law of attraction? Can it be done together with your regular meditation session? How can you combine meditation and visualization into one session if possible?

I would keep the practices separate.

Law of Attraction is still good and important if you want to sculpt your mind and succeed in life.

On 12/10/2017 at 1:17 PM, Frylock said:

So do you regret it, along with all of your experiences?

Nope

On 12/10/2017 at 1:20 PM, sarapr said:

You use that disgusting example a lot but if someone actually did that to you what would you do? 

Gently put the soup away!

I would probably get upset. But I would also come to understand why it must be so, and that would take some of the edge off.

On 12/10/2017 at 2:44 PM, art said:

6. How much of the material in the book Zen Body Being have you embodied? Do you feel your whole body?

7. Do you prefer 21-year olds, milfs or your own age in your taste for women?

8. How many places have you lived? Would you consider move if you found a heavenly peaceful place on earth, like a Swiss mountain village or something?

9. Do you own a gun?

6) Not much. That's an area I require much more work in.

7) Closer to my own age.

8) Depends on how you define "place". In the US I've lived in 4 different states.

9) No, but I own a sharp ninja sword. All trespassers will be sliced ;)

On 12/11/2017 at 4:08 AM, NJM50 said:

What should one do when interrupted during a meditation session? For example; if I was to be interrupted by a knock on the door or a phone call, should I block it out and continue to meditate? Also, if I should stop and pause the timer, do I resume from where I left off, (e.g. 32/60 minutes in) or do I have to restart? @Leo Gura

Try to treat the situation casually. Go answer the door if you must and then return back to your meditation like nothing happened.

On 12/12/2017 at 5:10 AM, Monkey-man said:

you are very convinced in non-duality and all what u discovered about fundamental nature of reality, but do you still have any doubts about what you think and experienced and saw with enlightenment, insights and trips? do u consider that its all might be something different, and that 5-10 years later you will realise something that will turn your current notions upside down? if yes, what aspect of your understanding you are most doubtful atm?

No, I don't have much doubt any more. Seen too much at this point.

But of course I'm always open to being proven wrong in the future. If that happens, I will be open to it and report my discoveries and errors back to you guys.

On 12/13/2017 at 2:40 AM, egoless said:

1) what are you most afraid of?

2) what is your favorite game?

1) Dying prematurely, before I fulfill my mission.

2) Morrowind

On 12/13/2017 at 11:18 AM, Ether said:

Why do you think you havent reached enlightnment yet? You have soo much knowledge, but you do have some theories, and like every theory its not true. Maybe its that.

Because for now my focus has been on building Actualized.org rather than going balls-to-the-wall on myself.

On 12/14/2017 at 8:14 AM, Monkey-man said:

You said you r almost vegetarian. What's ur source of protein?

My diets fluctuates a lot. These days I eat more meat because I don't find it very sustainable to only eat plants. I basically starve to death that way because I don't eat any wheat or dairy products.

On 12/14/2017 at 9:06 AM, bananak said:

I was watching a video and you mentioned people claiming to be healers/mystics...(rock bottom video or strange loop)

I couldn't help but notice my dad watching the TV show "The Healer" with Charlie Goldsmith. I understand some of the manipulation from a lot of TV shows but this one actually blew my mind. If you stumbled upon anything in your research on this subject that would help me fathom this I'd love to hear it!

If you could ask for one thing in return from any/all your viewers, what would it be?

Healing is quite a common ability actually. There are many legit healers around. Which is not to say there aren't frauds on TV. I real healer probably wouldn't be showing off on TV.

Apply everything you learn and use your consciousness to help elevate the world.

On 12/14/2017 at 0:27 PM, caelanb said:

Hello, how many books have you read in total and how many are books on epistemology? On the book list there are 207, I'm guessing you've read close to 300 in total?

I don't know for sure. Probably in the 300-range. Of course that excludes all the books I read in school and college. I'm talking post-college.

Good books on epistemology are quite rare. My understanding of epistemology largely comes from years of my own personal contemplations, not books. Although I will be adding some more epistemology books to my book list in the future as I'm doing a lot of research into it right now.

On 12/15/2017 at 2:37 AM, Pallero said:

Have you ever gotten death threats? Do you think it's possible to pursue a visionary life purpose without getting death threats? How do I get over my fear of death threats? ?

Yes, one.

All fears are the same. You must face them head on or they will enslave you.

On 12/15/2017 at 3:18 AM, Lynnel said:

When you say " do nothing" in the context of the last video about doing nothing for 7 days allowing for huge progress

Would it best to do a SDS retreat where you just spend all day sitting and doing nothing or add some yoga in between 2 hour sits for instance ? Would not moving be "doing" ?

Also I suppose being aware of your thoughts is not doing and and letting your mind wonder mindlessly is not "doing" either ?

Either way will work. Some yoga and walking meditation is healthy I think. Too much sitting isn't good for the body.

You should watch my video: Meditation Technique: Do Nothing

"Do Nothing" is a very specific technique.

On 12/17/2017 at 5:33 AM, art said:

Showing your videos to an enlightened friend of mine (former apprentice of Peter from some years ago), pointed out that it was so much bullshit and your style is somehow like a bratty kid in class telling us what's true and right and wrong without knowing... Being somehow an slightly irrational commentary, I asked him what he didn't like about it, and he answered that your style is both arrogant and misleading. So in the light of your recent blog post about not being perfect and making mistakes, wHY do you still use the "claiming-in-your-face-style" and at the same pointing out once in a while "think for yourself" and "do not believe, go find out.."? To a contemplating person that's obvious, but to a mass audience, that can be misleading. Have you considered a more true and efficient way to communicate?

A few points about this:

• Yes, that's sorta my style. I like to be a bit abrasive and confrontational.
  • I also do that because it amuses me. When I speak, it's like I'm acting in a play, or like I'm doing standup comedy.
  • The fact is that most of the things I say are so obvious that they should be common practice. So some outrage is warranted. It would be dishonest to speak about such things nonchalantly. Society is a chimp circus, and it needs to be called out for it. In this way, I'm sort of channeling George Carlin when I speak. It's a bit over-the-top on purpose.
  • Of course my ego is still intact, so it must show through in my work. That cannot be avoided.
  • All enlightenment teachings are misleading, by definition, regardless of style.
  • I find "modest" styles and teachers to be extremely misleading, even if they are very enlightened.
  • I speak to a very broad general audience on Youtube where most people have no idea what enlightenment is, nor are they serious about pursuing it. So my style is aimed at getting them interested. That's a very different challenge than what someone like Peter is doing. Peter is only teaching small handfuls of extremely hardcore students.
  • I teach A LOT more stuff than Peter or your typical nonduality teacher. I talk about lots of pragmatic things which have nothing to do with enlightenment. The aims of my teachings are more ambitious. A lot more territory must be covered to assemble THE BIG PICTURE which no nondual teacher gives you.
  • My communication style will evolve and improve in the future as I become more conscious and authentic.
  • I always tell you guys to think for yourselves and to don't believe me. My videos are already long, and I'm tired of saying it. It should be obvious that all my words are merely words.
  • Comparing me with Peter is rather unfair. You can compare me to him when I'm 65 years old.

On 12/17/2017 at 6:30 AM, Cepzeu said:

Across the site (in some of the Infinite Insights and parts of the Blueprint) you mention to avoid all wheat and other grains, as well as beans. 

What are your reasons for this?

My review of the research into nutrition points to plant-based (e.g. Mediterranean) and vegan diets being optimal for humans while having minimal environmental impact. I do agree that consumption of refined carbohydrates as well as gluten by those who are gluten sensitive is not optimal for good health but I'm not sure why grains (and legumes) should be excluded altogether when they form a large portion of the aforementioned diets. 

I'm wanting to know your reasons because there may be something I'm missing and you haven't come out with a video regarding this specific topic in the past so I have few details to go off from.

The only reason I can think you might say this is because of the presence of GMO grains in the US; and while GMO's themselves are not inherently bad for your health they do enable farmers to increase herbicide usage leading to the GMO grains transmitting a higher herbicide load to the consumer.

Wheat is just empty calories and is hard for your body to digest.

Without eating wheat, it is almost impossible to become fat.

On 12/17/2017 at 7:05 AM, BjarkeT said:

Whats wrong with materialism? I get that in terms of setting goals it might be better to set goals by using your feelings as guidelines but I don't really get it in terms of understanding the universe 

What's wrong is that reality is immaterial.

On 12/17/2017 at 11:07 AM, Monkey-man said:

are you inclined more towards monogamy or polyamoury? do you believe in 'the one and only girl'?

I like having one girl who I like. I don't think polyamory is healthy or sustainable.

On 12/17/2017 at 0:51 PM, Vitamine Water said:

Do you have any idea for when your next (solo) retreat is planned? Thanks!

Nope. Sometimes in early 2018, hopefully.

On 12/18/2017 at 7:13 AM, MatthewBaggins said:

Do you eat any legumes?

Beans, no.

On 12/18/2017 at 7:17 AM, CGeo said:

Hey Leo, do you eat any raw organic nuts and seeds? Flax seeds, walnuts, etc

I have tried, but nuts make me feel nauseous. They are too rich for me so I avoid them.

On 12/18/2017 at 5:00 PM, jjer94 said:

If you had hair, what would be your hairstyle?

???

On 12/18/2017 at 5:38 PM, JohnLeyo said:

I want success similar to that of Steve Jobs. What should I do? Any useful tips that one can use to become successful? :D

If you want that, you should be the one telling me.

On 12/18/2017 at 5:49 PM, heisenburger said:

@Leo Gura have you ever thought of reshooting law of attraction video?

I want to make an entire course about it.

On 12/19/2017 at 11:20 AM, Dan Arnautu said:

@Leo Gura Would you be willing to upload the MP3 versions of the videos to Spotify too (as a podcast, like the one on Itunes)? I sold my Ipod, but I really enjoyed being able to listen to your videos while I was commuting. I would appreciate it because I wouldn't need to download each mp3 version of the videos manually on my phone.

Too much hassle. It takes dozens of hours to prepare things like that.

On 12/20/2017 at 8:20 AM, Joseph Maynor said:

One video that is conspicuously missing from the video arsenal is one on shadow work.  

Yeah, we'll get to it at some point. It's not an easy topic to cover meaningfully in 1 video.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

What would you tell to your 20-year-old self? Like, if you could give an advice...

is there anything you said in an old video that you have completely changed your mind? If so, what is the idea? 

Have you ever done Dynamic Meditation? (that crazy-ass “meditation” by Osho)

??

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

1) Dying prematurely, before I fulfill my mission.

You wanna tell what that mission is?

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

What enlightened teachers out there you think are the most profound and best at understanding nonduality?

How have you dealt with the incredible existential fear that comes with recognising you don’t exist?

I’ve had a couple experiences now where I stopped being able to ‘find myself’ any longer, which really triggered immense fear and got my heartrate up to such a high number it hurt in my chest.

@Leo Gura

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

A lot in me wants to read a lot of stuff and understand all the important concepts. But I've been more and more inclined just to stay still in meditative Self-Inquiry. Every conceptualization feels like a resistance, a burden. I feel myself dissolving specially after the Bufo trip and am pushed just to Be and not Do. What's your perspective on this conflict?

Edited by Afonso

Very glad you are posting videos on your blog. I am just curious about the number 666 on the wall. I knew you are the devil @Leo Gura :) 

@Leo Gura You mentioned your brother a few times in your videos and said that he is very scientific minded. Does he watch your videos and has his understanding and trust in science changed since he has you as a brother? ^_^ 

On 12/21/2017 at 3:33 PM, Leo Gura said:

Wheat is just empty calories and is hard for your body to digest

@Leo Gura Are you taking about people that are gluten intolerant? Because this is true for them.

:D

@Leo Gura What is your MBTI type?  People are split between INTP & INTJ, but I think you're much more like an INTP. Is that right?

@Leo Gura Where can I get into the best course of spiral dynamics? The 25 hour cours you took?

Which country has the most conscious laws and living conditions in your opinion?

Which country is the most evolved in the spiral dynamics?

@Leo GuraDo you read the news regularly? If so, what sources do you follow?

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

@Leo Gura From watching your videos in order, I can clearly see a major improvement in your ability to articulate abstract and nuanced ideas.

I want to make people understand me when I share ideas outside of their realm of possibility. But it's very hard, and many times I sacrifice my authenticity and shut up just because it would be too hard to articulate my own opinion on a certain topic.

Do you have any speaking drills/practices that you do aside from shooting videos over and over again that helps you articulate hard and nuanced ideas? 

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

@Leo Gura Do you use brain-train to improve your brain with neurofeedback? How long do you are using it? What changes did you notice? For what intention are you using it? And finally what do you think it is possible with that tool?

@Leo Gura

What does your daily routine look like on average?

Edited by Ryan T

@Leo Gura have you ever thought about doing bodybuilding?

I only mean adding to your training schedule some muscle strength exercises (bench press, pull-ups, squat...)

I do it and I feel great.

Thank you.