A way to Actualize

All Personal Questions For Leo

979 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura - Leo. The Peter Ralston interview. Why let his team put it on a channel with no way near as many subs as yourself, let them split it up into bits and render the quality quite badly? Did you film it for Peter or for your channel? 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

How much of the material you present on your channel have you, or do you, actually embody ?

On 25.11.2016 at 9:55 PM, Leo Gura said:
On 25.11.2016 at 9:55 PM, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura You said in former videos that you are personally more kind of atheistic, critical about this whole afterlife debate and most of the time come across like "You have this one chance with life". Did and if how did your 5-MeO-DMT experiences changed your view on that? Do you now completely let go of an aftermath theory at all because one can just not fathom the complexity of it all? What are your thoughts on that?

After I experienced Absolute Infinity, I'm much more open about that. Life is basically an illusion. I wouldn't be too surprised if consciousness is "recycled" or there is an afterlife that's totally beyond our comprehension.

@Leo Gura FINALLY! I've been looking for someone else with a notion like this for several years. I was always thinking this is what Richard Dawkins is wrong about, since I got into getting to know about "new atheism". It didn't make logical sense to me that consciousness would cease to exist with death, and I have been getting more and more sure about it. Problem was that I couldn't find any of my atheistic "idols" thinking like this, and not many other people elsewhere (a few partly on the internet, with questionable sources).

My reason for it, and I use logic, maybe that's not how you look at it (because you say you can't use logic to develop enlightenment), is that firstly, you can't be conscious of being unconscious, which means that time doesn't pass for the "dead". If you get unconscious on earth you won't feel the weeks or months it takes to wake up from a coma. So what if this time is infinite? You'll never wake up? Will you wait? No, to me this paradox leads me to supect that "I" had a 100% chance of experiencing consciousness, because that's the ONLY time that can exist, and always will continue to exist in the "future" (I'm not defining time in scientific terms here). There were an infinite amount of other people or "consciousnesses" who could have been in my place, so it just doesn't seem like a coincidence, if it was, consciousness wouldn't have been needed in nature, because of a deterministic universe. I suspect consciousness is a necessity, like a law, because being uncoscious for eternity doesn't make any sense. And like you say when enlightened, I am nothing, but also everything, the universe. That's my notion. 

We had to wake up somewhere on the time line of eternity, is a quote I have used earlier (by me). Before we were born, we were "dead", so in that sense, we have already raised from the dead. Makes sense?

Loved to see this comment, that made me happy, lol.

Do you agree with my take on this? :)

What do you think about Tulpae, healthy multiplicity, and multiple consciousnesses? Do you think more than one consciousness can inhabit your body? I would really recommend that you look into these ideas if you don't know much about them.

On 2/15/2017 at 6:16 AM, Ray said:

Hey Leo! did you change your surname? Because "Guru" and "Gura" are a pretty similar... or is just a lucky coincidence? (If you don't want answer no problem :) )

No

On 2/15/2017 at 10:54 AM, Grant6 said:

Have you done any research on music therapy and how music could potentially help achieve enlightenment? Do you think music is a viable way of helping people with mental health issues or becoming enlightened?

No

On 2/17/2017 at 0:49 AM, Stefano Provenzi said:

I follow the international news, reading an international journal weekly, but I can see how not objective the report of the news is.

Do you have any suggestion on where to find great news?

By the way I still follow the news because it helps me to get a general understanding of where the world is going.

But also, I'm noticing that I get a lot of information from them, but I find myself powerless in front of all the madness that is going on.

How would you assimilate news in an empowering way?

Thanks for everything you do Leo

News isn't empowering. It's like bathing with pigs. I guess the best way would be by reading a high quality journal / paper.

On 2/17/2017 at 5:21 AM, Loreena said:

Do you even sleep ........and for how many hours normally ??   Just curious 9_9:/

8 hours usually

On 2/18/2017 at 1:35 AM, vaib said:

Hi @Leo Gura

1.Can one start meditation practice by "do nothing " technique? There is a separate video as "meditation for beginners,does that means this technique or others are not for beginners?

2.Do nothing can be done with eyes closed?Why only open eyes are mentioned by you.

3.where did you learnt about this technique in particular?Also where you learn about other techniques and there rules ,understandings etc?

Yes, you can start there. Yes, eyes open or closed. I usually do it easy-open otherwise it's easier to fall asleep.

Shinzen Young

On 2/18/2017 at 1:53 AM, LifeandDeath said:

Leo, where did you get the idea of 100% responsibility from? 

Not sure. It's a pretty common idea in self-help. And it's just common sense.

On 2/18/2017 at 10:14 AM, Wafflemuffins said:

1) How does having so many fans\followers\subscribers affect your personal growth. In terms of deeper aspects such as ego, not in terms of time-management.

2) Do you have any seniors\elders\mentors that you cross-reference new insights with? How do you gauge if new insights and ideas are true? 

1) Of course it inflates the ego. But it also does check the ego because I am open to feedback and my mistakes become more apparent to me when I interact with people.

2) I cross-reference dozens and even hundreds of sources. Every new insight has to fit all the other stuff I've learned. After a long time of doing this, it's really easy to filter out bullshit.

On 2/18/2017 at 2:19 PM, alyra said:

@Leo Gura

in a recent video you mentioned your interest in becoming a yogi. it sounded somewhat like you were saying, go off and disappear from society, and that you were delaying on this because you didn't want actualized.org to die. Have you yet considered the following ideas - that in a certain way, the cultures of the world, they are an extension of "I" and that one person is like a node in a complex neural network? That one's pursuit of Yogi could serve a purpose for the species as a whole - to find a higher level of enlightenment and return to culture with more intense understanding, able to influence then the culture with the result of the Yogi mediation and work? If , we suppose, you or someone in your position would do such a thing, the interest would be in guiding actualized.org to be in a self-sustaining setting, without the need for the central guide, so that the central guide could leave for 10, 15, 20, 30 years and return later to impact it at a more advanced level? 

it may be clear that I've not pondered this idea super deep, and I'm not on a super deep understanding of the "self" or etc.  but I'm just curious if you've pondered a similar line of thinking at some point. 

I have no interest in creating a cult or a corporation. I just a guy doing his art. I don't want to manage a throng of minions.

On 2/18/2017 at 11:31 PM, Son of leo said:

How many people work in actualized.org?

On 2/19/2017 at 2:29 PM, Key Elements said:

@Leo Gura Are you ever going to go travelling? And, for how long? You mentioned India a lot. The duration of your stay and where you travelled to will matter a lot. Yes, it will matter if you're only a tourist or if you stayed 5+ yrs. After your journey, ask yourself, will you be able to honestly share your journey with anyone?

(I'd like to share something with you here, Leo. It's about the difference between being just a tourist and staying 5+ yrs in let's say India.  The difference is comparable to writing a book like Tony Robins to writing something like Spiral Dynamics. So, you're doing researching nowadays. How are you researching? Just books?)

I would like too, but have other priorities.

On 2/20/2017 at 6:42 AM, Posho said:

Do you still have days when you jus feel depressed and sad, or days when you feel lazy and bored? 

Also do you still have any addictions?

Depressed, not really. Lazy and bored, yes.

Yes, many subtle addictions.

On 2/26/2017 at 2:21 AM, Paul EMD said:

@Leo Gura

I just saw in today's video that you were saying you did not feel 100% healthy / feeling good in your body.

What kind of coaching are you getting to work on this issue? Have you ever check Paul Chek's material, or coaching from his institute?

If not I think you should, I'm pretty sure you'll like his way to work around health !

Plus, he doesn't often mention it online but he is a shaman himself :)

Thanks for your work Leo !

It's a complex issue.

On 2/26/2017 at 7:32 AM, Harikrishnan said:

Leo do u still use affirmations, Visualization etc

I've used them a lot. Less nowadays because of my existential work.

On 2/26/2017 at 7:52 AM, Nahm said:

What beliefs do you hold?

Also, why do you skip answering my questions?

Thousands of beliefs. The key is that I understand they are beliefs.

Ask better questions ;)

On 2/28/2017 at 2:17 PM, Mondsee said:

Do you still practice reviewing a Mission Statement every day? If no, why?

No, because my whole life is already it. If anything, I have the opposite problem.

On 2/28/2017 at 5:03 PM, Peace and Love said:

@Leo Gura

Do you have a vision board?  What does it look like? :)

I show my vision boards in the life purpose course.

On 3/1/2017 at 6:23 PM, TeamBills said:

Question: 

Leo, when you were struggling when you got out of college, what motivated you to keep moving forward with your life and not giving up? Why didn't you decide to give up?

I wasn't really struggling. I was excited to get my career going, doing my art, and having a big impact in the world.

On 3/5/2017 at 1:26 AM, AxelK said:

Do you still have a new flow of physical energy after the Al-Lad trip?

No, it was a temporary thing.

On 3/5/2017 at 3:14 AM, Nahm said:

How do you reconcile Chaos Theory and Free Will? 

There's no conflict. Reality is infinitely complex and it functions all by itself, without you, without free will.

On 3/5/2017 at 7:40 AM, Huz said:

What is your prime methodology of thinking? Is it through words or is it through visualisations/feelings/colours/pictures?

I've very visual. But also intuitive.

On 3/6/2017 at 8:20 AM, John said:

Where do you meet women these days? Do you still use techniques you learned in game?

I don't. Not a priority for me.

If I did go out, yes, I would rely on many things I learned in game.

On 3/7/2017 at 8:32 AM, PetarKa said:

Leo, is the Personal Development Blueprint still updated regularly? If it's not, do you recommend people using it for building a strong foundation for Self-Actualization?

No, it's not updated. It requires a lot of work which I don't have time for right now.

I would follow the weekly videos instead.

On 3/7/2017 at 8:40 PM, TeamBills said:

I heard a few years ago from 1 of your videos that you were going to create a video that explained what eating unhealthy food does to your brain, are you still planning on doing this video?

No, don't remember that at all. Not a high priority.

On 3/8/2017 at 2:49 PM, sweater said:

@Leo Gura Is the LoA worth doing? I think that i might be wasting my time with it.

Yes, depending on your level of development.

On 3/8/2017 at 4:33 PM, Alii said:

@Leo Gura  I know it's a long shot, but would you ever post bloopers? ?

That'd be interesting. Never considered it.

On 3/8/2017 at 5:02 PM, Echoes said:

@Leo Gura  Have you ever had any bad experiences with people recognizing you in real life? any angry egos chasing you?

No. All the experiences have been very positive other than one death threat through the mail.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 3/9/2017 at 2:30 PM, AstralProjection said:

@Leo Gura First off love your videos. And please take the time to research astral projection a bit. I view only second to psychedelics in power to transform. In fact in many ways astral projection is more powerful than meditation. See why bellow in the first video.

1) Did you know that you can go to the realms of light that are without form through astral projection?

2) Have you heard of William Buhlman? He's one of the few people that have gone so far inward through astral projection to the point where he had no body and there was no form and he was a ball/orb of consciousnesses. There are many other astral projectors that have gone way beyond ordinary mundane astral projection to very deep sacred places. 

3) What do you think about astral projection Leo? Thanks!

Out of Body Experiences, the Astral plane and the Afterlife -William Buhlmam

William Buhlman on OBEs at Monroe Institute Professional Seminar 2014

I know about astral projection. Seems to be real. I haven't done it.

On 3/10/2017 at 0:06 PM, Chrissy j said:

@Leo Gura one time on this forum you said going to the extreme for enlightenment would probably be the best life possible. I get you would probably live an amazing life but do you think a life purpose and personal development coupled with enlightnemnt would make for a better life? Or would a life based solely on pursuing enlightenment like in a cave with nothing and no communication would be better? And how much do you think life purpose, personal development, family, material things, friends, and anything else would make life better if you chose to keep these instead of just pursuing enlightnement solely?

Post-enlightenment you'd return back to social life. You wouldn't live in a cave forever.

On 3/10/2017 at 0:18 PM, username said:

Have you considered celibacy for spiritual growth?

I rarely have sex as it is.

On 3/13/2017 at 3:34 PM, Salomon Tolosa said:

@Leo Gura what else would you be doing if actualized.org didn't exist, what project would you be building instead? 

Meditating in a cave.

On 3/13/2017 at 6:05 PM, LRyan said:

Hi Leo,

Thanks so much for putting all of this great wisdom out there!  It is life changing stuff.  Would you be so kind as to suggest a few reputable places to attend a meditation retreat or a retreat to further awareness/consciousness for my journey?  I have been searching for awhile but I have no idea which places are truly worth attending.  I'm from Canada so most of these places  will be out of my country so I need to be cautious of where I choose to go as travel is expensive and I need to buy a lot of books and take your online course so I have to spend wisely!!!  I would appreciate any tips you can offer!

Lisa

Many of the authors of the books on my book list offer retreats or workshops. They are all excellent.

On 3/14/2017 at 6:42 AM, LRyan said:

Also, I wanted to ask you if you see different colours when you meditate?  I usually start seeing colours after I settle into the meditation and have seen pink, purple, yellow, blues and some green.  They seem to all be circular and seem to come in and out of the field and disappear and re appear..?

No

On 3/17/2017 at 0:19 PM, Echoes said:

@Leo Gura At what age did you learn about Enlightenment and Spirituality and that there is such a thing as absolute truth? Did you already know about all this when you uploaded your first video on the channel?

About 6 years ago.

Yes, I knew about it from the very beginning of Actualized.org, but I wasn't ready to talk about it. And I didn't know it's fully scope and depth yet.

On 3/19/2017 at 4:44 AM, Maya_0 said:

How mindful are you throughout your day (%)?

What effect do psychedelics have on your mind the days after taking them? Do you feel hazy? Do they affect your cognition or mindfulness?

13.785%

Almost no effect. A bit more monkey mind than usual. That's mostly all.

On 3/31/2017 at 4:28 PM, cirkussmile said:

Do you get tears in your eyes sometimes for no reason?

Do you ejaculate? + your view on that.

Yes, but there's a good reason. Reality is the most beautiful thing ever.

Yes. No view. It's just a bodily function, like crapping.

On 4/5/2017 at 4:56 AM, Kazman said:

Have you read anything from Walter Russell? What is your opinion on him?

Also: what is your take on ancient aliens?

No

I've never met any aliens.

On 4/6/2017 at 8:33 AM, John said:

When and where did you reach access concentration?

How did it affect your practice moving forward?

I dunno. It's not a consistent thing for me. It requires discipline to hit it.

On 4/8/2017 at 10:53 AM, Scarecrow said:

Do you do travel the world any?

Not much. I have higher priorities.

On 4/9/2017 at 4:49 AM, Loreena said:

Are you a Christian ? 

What's your religion (technically) 

You need to watch some of my videos on epistemology.

On 4/9/2017 at 5:40 AM, Evilwave Heddy said:

Have you got a course in the making as we speak?

Sorta. It's going slow because I have lots of inner growth to do on myself.

On 4/9/2017 at 6:54 AM, Vaishnavi said:

I recently saw a video you created about 3 years ago where you talked about your vision, where you even mentioned writing books someday and having kids, but now that you're involved with enlightenment work so heavily, is that vision still relevant? I mean having kids and marriage and writing books, things along those lines? 

I am in the process of outlining a book.

Kids? Probably not, but who knows.

On 4/12/2017 at 3:03 PM, RossE said:

@Leo Gura Please can you post a photo of yourself when you were overweight? It would be very illuminating to see how far you've come with your health. And I'm just nosey I guess;)

I will, but I have to get it from my Mom first. It's a physical photo.

On 4/13/2017 at 10:10 PM, onacloudynight said:

Do you alternate days between doing the do-nothing technique and mindfulness with labeling? Or do you use both techniques in the same day?

It's random. I use lots of different techniques because part of my job it to experiment.

On 4/17/2017 at 10:13 AM, Lynnel said:

Would you prefer to live a full life (arround 90 years) and never even hear about enlightenement or live only one day as an enlightened being ?

The full life is actually quite good if it's in a decent part of the world.

I feel like 1 day of enlightenment wouldn't be enough. It would be too short know or appreciate anything.

On 4/18/2017 at 3:28 PM, Mondsee said:

In some maybe not very recent videos you said the one big thing you wanted to focus on and master was personal development. Is it still the same? Has it maybe shifted more towards enlightenment?

I don't see them as different.

On 5/13/2017 at 2:29 PM, The White Belt said:

@Leo Gura - Leo. The Peter Ralston interview. Why let his team put it on a channel with no way near as many subs as yourself, let them split it up into bits and render the quality quite badly? Did you film it for Peter or for your channel? 

It was done against my wishes.

On 5/14/2017 at 1:24 AM, Huz said:

How much of the material you present on your channel have you, or do you, actually embody ?

45.381%

On 6/2/2017 at 5:18 PM, Edvard said:

@Leo Gura FINALLY! I've been looking for someone else with a notion like this for several years. I was always thinking this is what Richard Dawkins is wrong about, since I got into getting to know about "new atheism". It didn't make logical sense to me that consciousness would cease to exist with death, and I have been getting more and more sure about it. Problem was that I couldn't find any of my atheistic "idols" thinking like this, and not many other people elsewhere (a few partly on the internet, with questionable sources).

My reason for it, and I use logic, maybe that's not how you look at it (because you say you can't use logic to develop enlightenment), is that firstly, you can't be conscious of being unconscious, which means that time doesn't pass for the "dead". If you get unconscious on earth you won't feel the weeks or months it takes to wake up from a coma. So what if this time is infinite? You'll never wake up? Will you wait? No, to me this paradox leads me to supect that "I" had a 100% chance of experiencing consciousness, because that's the ONLY time that can exist, and always will continue to exist in the "future" (I'm not defining time in scientific terms here). There were an infinite amount of other people or "consciousnesses" who could have been in my place, so it just doesn't seem like a coincidence, if it was, consciousness wouldn't have been needed in nature, because of a deterministic universe. I suspect consciousness is a necessity, like a law, because being uncoscious for eternity doesn't make any sense. And like you say when enlightened, I am nothing, but also everything, the universe. That's my notion. 

We had to wake up somewhere on the time line of eternity, is a quote I have used earlier (by me). Before we were born, we were "dead", so in that sense, we have already raised from the dead. Makes sense?

Loved to see this comment, that made me happy, lol.

Do you agree with my take on this? :)

Reality is way more twisted than that.

You don't actually exist. You never have. You just think you have. So you cannot die and there's nowhere to go.

5 hours ago, Morky said:

What do you think about Tulpae, healthy multiplicity, and multiple consciousnesses? Do you think more than one consciousness can inhabit your body? I would really recommend that you look into these ideas if you don't know much about them.

No idea

5 hours ago, Skenderberg said:

@Leo Guraif you only had the chance to recommend one book to the entire world, wich one? and why. 

Oooo... good question. Ralston's books.

Do you have your own Self - Actualization journal (in either written or digital format) that you update regularly? I am not refering to a commonplace book, but a journal like other users have on this forum, based on the guidelines that you gave towards making one.

If you do, did it impact your life positively? 

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

Are other animals self-actualized? Can they become self-actualized or enlightened? If not, where does the IQ limit go, or wisdom, or whatever human quality animals don't have?

10 hours ago, Dan Arnautu said:

Do you have your own Self - Actualization journal (in either written or digital format) that you update regularly? I am not refering to a commonplace book, but a journal like other users have on this forum, based on the guidelines that you gave towards making one.

If you do, did it impact your life positively? 

No, I don't keep a narrative of my growth. I sorta scratch that itch through my videos and blog. But I do journal to myself sometimes.

10 hours ago, Stefano Provenzi said:

what do you think about sri aurobindo and especially his concept of suprementalization?

and what abouth the theosophical society, did you learn a lot from it?

Thanks again for everything you share with us, and especially your dedication

I haven't read into Aurobindo much. It's rather dense reading which I don't want to wade through right now.

Didn't study the Theosophical society much other than the gist of it.

8 hours ago, Edvard said:

Are other animals self-actualized? Can they become self-actualized or enlightened? If not, where does the IQ limit go, or wisdom, or whatever human quality animals don't have?

Animals are vastly different from humans because they do not conceptualize. So they are like effectively enlightened. Although they don't appreciate the fact because they can't self-reflect. At least that's my best theory of it so far.

Best not to compare yourself to animals. You have a much more complex set of issues to deal with than any animal. Even if you're enlightened, you still have a TON of human stuff going on in your head.

@Leo Gura What is your current level of consciousness? Are you at self-consciousness or objective consciousness?

I am reading the "The Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution" by P. D. Ouspensky and I am learning about consciousness/awareness more.

What does increased levels of consciousness/awareness look like? Are there special powers? :)

Edited by Anirban657

"Becoming 'awake' involves seeing our own confusion more clearly"-Rumi

In your recent video you talked that you do neurofeedback brain traning. What do you mean by that? What practice do you do or service that you use? Do you use a specific product? etc.

Leo, you are very wise and I certainly admire you. I haven't read as many powerful books as you did, yet for the little part I know about you (about 2 years watching your videos), I can relate myself to you in some aspects :)
Well, I so hope you are willing to answer my questions.9_9

1. What is your best guess of the level of consciousness that most of your audience is right now ? 

2. Your life purpose is to grow and share with the world your insights, right ? Or so I understood from your videos, please correct me if I am mistaken. Do you see yourself as a teacher? Did you ever consider making some sort of event for your viewers and audience to meet up with you and discuss topics (as this forum), but in a direct face talk?  Or is that impractical ?

3. You always mention that its essential to cut it out people around us that has useless habits as we get serious with self actualization. At this point, do you have personal support from people on a similar level that you are now? 

4. Did you ever have tears of joy when considering how many people's lives you have deeply touched as pointing them out how to create a profund life ?

5. That may be a long shot, but are you still into sage development ? If so, when you do realize you are a sage, did you ever consider opening a Gura Leo Sage School? :)  

''Firmness in Love" 

@Leo Gura Do you still sometimes have periods of doubt about nonduality and fall back into assumptions of the "old" paradigm? If yes, how do you deal with such periods?

@Leo Gura Did you experience any light of any sort whether it was clear, white, or dim when doing any psychedelics? And if you so what kind of light did you experience on which psychedelics? Thanks a million!

@Leo Gura If reincarnation is real, do you think it's possible that dying at the point of ego-less psychedelic death would cause one to have a very noble rebirth? Or perhaps have to never reincarnate again? Thanks again.

What is your take on fiction books? Can they be used effectively for growth? I saw a comment where you said it's ok to read both fiction and non fiction books depending on what you want to get out of them. 

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

How would you describe your love towards yourself?

Edited by Veggies make me FART

Excellence is the same as habit. When you constantly do something, you might become excellent at it. -Aristotle

In the video on ”Contemplating your own death” you said you were already 30 and would be lucky to live another 30 years. Why do you see such a short life expectancy in your case? That only amounts to being 60 years old. A lot of even neurotic and unhealthy people live to 80 for some reason.