Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
herghly

The way of the psychonaut - Stan Grof

10 posts in this topic

Has anyone read the way of the psychonaut vol 1 and 2? It appears to be Grof's magnum opus. I'd like to hear from people who's read it before I decide to buy the books

Buy them if you like to know background info. If you just want the practical info it's like this:

300-500mcg is his recommended dosage. He considers this high dosage and helps remove inhibitions some people who are strongly resistant to releasing traumas may experience.

Use an eyemask and listen to specially catered playlist, such as psilocybin playlist by mendel keaten. There's more just use Google. Or mapsofthemind website they got a good post with playlists.

Helpful to have a sitter or therapist with you. We'll actually obviously all this is done with a therapist if you want the full experience since they can help you integrate.

26 minutes ago, Ora said:

300-500mcg is his recommended dosage.

That's a crazy high dose. Expect lots of bad trips and problems from that dose alone.

It's dangerous to recommend such doses to people.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's a crazy high dose. Expect lots of bad trips and problems from that dose alone.

Have you read Christopher Bache‘s “LSD and the Mind of the Universe”? Dude was doing 500-700ug. Fucking insane. 

1 hour ago, Consilience said:

Have you read Christopher Bache‘s “LSD and the Mind of the Universe”? Dude was doing 500-700ug. Fucking insane. 

...And did it for years. But he has a fascinating theory, which for him was just how things work: He was willing to accept the horrendous suffering he underwent in some of those trips because a human experimenting them means taking it out of the collective human psyche, as a whole. Which I suspect is similar to what the history of Jesus Christ incarnating to save Humanity really means. We´re not talking here about personal ordeal. Rather,  he accessed the psyche of Humanity as a whole, which is why he could push those traumas from us. 

Bache´s book is full of amazing and beautifully put insights, from the emphasis in the utter trascendent/mystical experiences (Godhead, Diamond Light, Infinity...) feeling like a remembering of what our true nature is/was, not something you discover for the first time in your trips , to the very interesting idea of rejecting what he calls the "up and out" attitude of most mystics. With this, he meant that the aim of incarnation is not getting to the highest mystical heights and then dissapear as the Godhead again. He truly believes (and I concur) that incarnation is our destiny by means for constant improvement while in the manifest worlds of form. He had visions of Humanity becoming, after a humungous crisis, a magnificient being, with thoughts tuned to Source, and our physical capabilities radically improved. And the way he expresses this has nothing to do with silly New Age-ism. 

This is my forest, my joy, my love and my shelter, the music I compose: loismusic.com

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's stans protocol. Of course it's done under professional guidancs.

1 hour ago, Consilience said:

It's foolish and a bad thing to try to emulate.

Slow and steady wins the race.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's foolish and a bad thing to try to emulate.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Although I love the guy and the book, and he came out of the psychedelic path intact, he tirelessly confesses that it was not a good idea and that he would have been much easier on himself if he started today. Not only for the possible consequences, but because (and I think you concur) he states that the revelations and the created are truly infinite, so there is no need to rush because you will never find an end to it.

Edited by Purple Man

This is my forest, my joy, my love and my shelter, the music I compose: loismusic.com

3 hours ago, Consilience said:

I've read his book. It's a beautiful book, but he had a lot of energetic problems. He even warns readers to not follow him and his path is dangerous. In retrospect he say's it would of been better to do lower doses and use different types of psychedelics.

Dosage is definitely not a competition.  Shoot for that which helps you achieve new and deeper insight.  Sometimes, that is a LIGHTER dose.  And so much depends on how you approach it and the work you do outside of the trip.  After months of meditation, setting serious intentions, and having some very deep questions in mind, a very light 4-ACO dosage took me into literally DMT territory for 2 hours.  I didn't realize this was possible until it happened to me, and this was not my first rodeo with 4-ACO (or DMT, for that matter).